Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't have that mod, but somebody who does will surely be along soon. I usually don't upgrade the software in mine, or at least only as a last resort if it's already broken. mods have a tendency to brick like that. I hope yours is fine. Welcome to the board.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
You can go to smoktech.com and access their support page. You'll need the verification code from your packaging. If you can't find an answer in FAQ's, there's an email link on the page you can use to get more information. Let us know what you find out; I have a T-priv as well. My philosophy on upgrades is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
New member, but have constantly checked site for issues and usually always found my answer.
New problem not really discussed yet.
Recently updated t priv and now mod is getting really hot. Tried to figure out and even reset to factory, but can't figure out how.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Below may contribute to part or all of your problem.
Might like to read:
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum
How to adjust your base to reduce that peppery harsh Nicotine taste | E-Cigarette Forum

MooncalfMetal

Sep 20, 2017
Looking for a way to go back to factory also. Been to smok web site and no help there.

My mod keeps changing watts on its own and is reading ohms wrong. I took a ijoy combo rdta off a rx2/3 that ohmed at .309 put on t-priv and it read .16. Took a big baby beast off t-priv the ohmed at .16 and on to a rx 2/3 and ohmed at .342.
What's up with this. This is happening after I updated smok firmware. Have been back to b&m and they said try to uninstall update. How? I have even tryed the gt4 coil from vaperesso which does fit the all the baby beast tanks. Thought it was bad smok coils and gave it a try.

Is it the mod or the update is bad. There has got to be a way to roll firmware back. Didn't have any problems before update. Need help, thinking about just buying a pack of smokes and watch this electronic crap Bounce down the highway and give being able to breath and smell!!

Reactions: stols001

dndgriffin

Mar 8, 2017
Hello,
New member, but have constantly checked site for issues and usually always found my answer.
New problem not really discussed yet.
Recently updated t priv and now mod is getting really hot. Tried to figure out and even reset to factory, but can't figure out how.
Yup! Mine did the same...so ...... RATM....hopefully someone can give us a link to fix it! Mine was only about 2 weeks old..grrrrrr Good Luck!!

MooncalfMetal

Sep 20, 2017
Yes, use the the update installer from smok, at the bottom there is a box for erase, check that one only, disconnect mod and throw batts in, youul see it WILL NOT come on, take batts out and redo update just like it says on smok site. That exactly what I did and it seems to have the problem for me. I did sent an email out after my first post to smok but haven't got a reply yet

Vape_Toni

Sep 30, 2017
Yes, use the the update installer from smok, at the bottom there is a box for erase, check that one only, disconnect mod and throw batts in, youul see it WILL NOT come on, take batts out and redo update just like it says on smok site. That exactly what I did and it seems to have the problem for me. I did sent an email out after my first post to smok but haven't got a reply yet

Thanks. Works fine now.
Same problem happened with me, after upgrading the firmware, put in the battery and opened fine, until the watts defaulted to max and read the ohms wrong. I put it on lock, then placed it on my desk for a few minutes. When I picked it up, it was dangerously heating so I quickly pulled the batteries out. It definitely had something to do with update I did. So after erasing all, and reinstalling the upgrade, it works fine now.

MooncalfMetal

Sep 20, 2017
Thanks. Works fine now.
Same problem happened with me, after upgrading the firmware, put in the battery and opened fine, until the watts defaulted to max and read the ohms wrong. I put it on lock, then placed it on my desk for a few minutes. When I picked it up, it was dangerously heating so I quickly pulled the batteries out. It definitely had something to do with update I did. So after erasing all, and reinstalling the upgrade, it works fine now.
Good to hear. Mine basically did the same thing. But sence repeating the update everything's good.
Other than the fun and challenge of actually making the update work, what did this update do for you? What improvements have you noticed while using your T-Priv?
To be honest, not a single thing,lol. The update does some changes to the timing of the lights to "help" save the batteries life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread