Need Help With Smok T-Priv Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrvapeman

Dec 29, 2017
I recently bought a smok t-priv and while charging via computer it turned off and wouldn't turn back on until I popped the batteries out and then put them back in. I thought it was just a one time random thing until it happend again a little while later. Should I be worried or no?

(Just got it today)

(Update: Maybe it was something with computer because it never happend again once I charged it through an outlet)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm not sure why the mod did that, but it sounds like you've isolated it to the computer, which really don't use a computer for charging as if anything goes wrong, you have the possibility of damaging your computer.

Really, it's best practice to buy an external charger and charge that way. Sometimes batteries will charge unevenly via USB for one, and also it's possible that over time your USB port MAY wear out, and it's really more for updates. You can certainly charge it that way in a pinch, but you would be better off with an external charger (you can get a 2 bay charger fairly inexpensively, I use a Nitcore 2bay intellecharger) as well as another set of batteries so that you can just switch them out.

Less wear and tear on the mod, less strain on the batteries, and best of all not having to wait lengthy periods of time for charging, you can swap out batteries and go.

I don't know if your mod is defective or not, for having this issue, I'm afraid I don't own one. But if it's functioning fine with a wall-wart, that sort of sounds like it may be a quirk related to computer charging-- maybe not getting to full charge? IDK.

Anna-

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
ucm556937.jpg

#3. Never charge your vape device with a phone or tablet charger. (That includes a computer).

ucm553148.jpg

I suggest you purchase a quality, affordable box Li-ion battery charger like the Efest LUC V4.

20170519142323_677.jpg
What batteries do you have? (Brand name; model number)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I recently bought a smok t-priv and while charging via computer it turned off and wouldn't turn back on until I popped the batteries out and then put them back in. I thought it was just a one time random thing until it happend again a little while later. Should I be worried or no?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to contact below and ask question:
SMOK --->SMOKTech
email: support@smoktech.com
ECF Smok dealer: VapeSourcing
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/verashu.262193/#profile-post-71627

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread