smok tfv8 baby beast troubles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Thanks Anna. All my mixes have the same amount of water in them. I find the Baby Beast very inconsistent in its leakiness, which makes it difficult to solve the problem. I suspect it happens mainly when I fill the tank near to capacity.

Perhaps I just need to take it apart and check all the O-rings, or use it as an excuse to try something different as you suggested.

Richard

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Do you think it could be a bad coil? Has it happened with other coils (I can't remember if you said that or not) but some of the smok coils can be a bit unreliable, so it might be worth getting another coil and trying that to see if it fixes your problem. Possibly even a different resistance coil (I think one particular resistance is a bit cranky at times, but I can't remember which one-- sorry).

Of course if you've tried everything, including More Coils it may be time to retire that tank.... Good luck.

Anna

Reactions: Richard-D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have found with some of my vape gear (and generally in life) that sometimes if I ignore a problem long enough, it just goes away.... The resulting mess can be good OR bad, but seriously, sometimes just ignoring something/someone for a bit causes a change in attitude. Perhaps your tank was lonely for your presence and decided to behave (don't tell it though.... by all means, don't do that.... :) ) Here's hoping it continues to behave.

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11

magenoob

Nov 24, 2017
Came across this thread, I had the same issue using 75%VG. It appears to be a wicking issue. It's hard to balance leaking and wicking.

The pin hole method worked. Another method that worked was adding distilled water to the juice. You will have to experiment based on what % you run and the room temperature your vape sits at.

Hmmmmmmmm

Oct 29, 2017
I've had the BBB for a couple of months and it annoys the heck out of me. My findings:
1) the seals are extremely important. Even the top o-ring. If they are not right then it will flood, spit or leak.
2) the seals are affected by certain juices. Its reported citrus. But I think another type and I still can't find which. Anyway the juice will swell the seals. And then it doesn't work. You can remove them and let them dry for 3,4,5 days. If you replace them and keep the same juice. You think you have solved the issue. But the seals are just expanding again.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
2) the seals are affected by certain juices. Its reported citrus.

All I can sat is Hmmmmmmmm, interesting! :D

I have had no issues with leaking with any of my 5 Baby and Big Baby tanks, but I don't run any citrus juices in any of them. Hard to imagine juice affecting O-rings, but maybe there is something to that????

I do run a watermelon/grape flavor in a TFV4 and had a leaking problem in that after over a year of use. Replaced the fill gasket and that seemed to fix the leak, but "the flaw" I noticed was a slight slit at the fill hole I suspected was from filling with a glass dripper. Perhaps it was "softened" from the juice, but who knows?

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
My daily juice has FlavourArt Lemon Sicily in it, although only a very small amount. My *Big* Baby has been almost totally flawless over the last few months of nearly exclusive use (7-10 ml per day).

On the Baby Beast I've had an issue with the white top seal popping out and it was a real pain to get it back in again, but it has stayed put for a long time now. That problem was definitely caused by using glass droppers that fit too tightly in the fill hole, and not paying close attention when pulling them back out after filling. I avoid using them now.

Apart from that, my Baby Beast leaks inconsistently. I still like it, but I prefer the vape, flavour, capacity and non-leakiness of my Big Baby.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
On the Baby Beast I've had an issue with the white top seal popping out and it was a real pain to get it back in again, but it has stayed put for a long time now. That problem was definitely caused by using glass droppers that fit too tightly in the fill hole, and not paying close attention when pulling them back out after filling. I avoid using them now.

I've had that "problem" with glass droppers and even with other methods (but not as much). With any means of filling, I now give the tip/bottle a bit of a twist when removing and have had little trouble with removal pulling up on the seal.

I have the Smok Baby Beast Brother Tank which uses the TFV8 X-Baby Q2 and M2 it's not anything you're doing wrong it's the coils they only last 3 days max for me and I've done everything but prayed for a miracle. It is now sitting in my discarded vape cabinet until someone figures out alternative coils that will work for that model I have a list of other coils for the other Smok tanks but can't find anything that will replace the coils for the "Beast Brother".

Thanks to our friends at Southern Vape Clanton for this list. So, this is how you use this list. If your tank uses a coil in a category, you can use any other coil in that category. Ie SMOK Baby beast uses TFV8 Baby coils, therefore it is compatible with any other coil in the “small” category.

Small Coils:

· asMODus Ohmie coils

· Eleaf HW coils (KDB’s <40W Pick! – Consistent build quality>

· E-XY T1 coils

· Geekvape iM4 coil

· iJoy Xs coils

· Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils

· Joyetech ProCore Aries coils <DKB’s >40W Pick! – Fantastic wicking>

· Karnoo T1 coils

· Sigelei SLYDR M SM coils

· Vaporesso NRG coils

· Vaportech M4/8 coils

· Vaptio Frogman coils

· WOTOFO Flow Coils

Large Coils:

· Eleaf ERL RBA

· Eleaf ERLQ coils

· Eleaf ES coils <DKB’s 100W Pick! – Impressive 140 ml Lifespan>

· Geekvape i1 +i4 coils

· Horizontech DUOS coils

· Horizontech Arco A6 coils

· Horizontech Arco T6 coils

· OBSV OCCoils

· Sense Blazer 200 coils

· Smok TFV8 coils

Massive Coils:

· Cigpet Eco 12 coils

· Smok TFV12 coils

· Vapefly Fantasy F2+ F12 coils

Classic Coils:

· Amigo Donner 22

· Amigo Riptide Top Fill

· Anyvape Fury Tank

· Anyvape Sega Tank

· Aspire Atlantis Coils

· Aspire Triton Coils

· Atmos Sub-Vers

· Atmos Sub Vers Mini

· Atmos Sub Vers TF

· Beyond Vape Silo Beast

· CoilART Online tank

· Coiltech Atank

· Digiflavor Bucho coils

· DotMod Petri SubOhm Tank

· EHPRO & Eciggity Morph Tank

· Eleaf ECL coils

· Eleaf ECML coils

· Freemax Scylla

· Freemax Starre

· Freemax Starre Pro

· Geek Vape Illusion Mini

· Gigue Aeolus Mini

· Gigue Aeolus Tank

· Heatvape Eco Tank

· Kronos X20 coils

· Ovancl Espole

· Playboy Vixen

· Science of Vaping Eclipse

· Sense Tech Herakles

· Sigelei X tank

· Smokme subverter mini

· Steam Tribe Mini Sub Ohm Tank

· Sunone Sking Square

· Tobeco Supertank coils

· Vape Forward VF ATTY

· Vapefly Fantasy Mini m2 coil

· Vapeston Ceramikus

· Vapeston Maganus

Hi there may I add something I would say poking holes through the cotton in your v8 coil will work I have the same one and I was getting the same thing..till I found out this trick just take a pin or needle and poke it through each part of cotton that you can see on the outside of the coil about at least 1 hole in each side or 2 and NO MORE BURNT TASTE!!!

Jordan6710

Jan 23, 2018
Hi guys and gals,
im new to the forum, but ive been reading on here for about the last month. ive recently started vaping(4 weeks with no analogs!!!!) i have a fuchai 213 and a smok tfv8 baby beast. ive been using the same coil .4 ohm since i got it. i started getting a burnt taste so i figured it was time to change it. ive primed the new coil right cause after a few hits the flavor comes through great. after about 10 hits or so the great flavor goes away, and i get a burt taste again. i have noticed when i take a hit the bubbles that come out of the cotton has vapor in them and it fills the take up. ive used 100%vg and diffrent mixes down to 50/50 and all produce the same results. ive even tried 2 other coils and all have started fine but end up the same. any ideas or help would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread