Smok Vape Pen 22 Auto Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
You said you bought three from different vendors "Because of the leakage problem." I don't buy mods that leak because they "go good in my purse." If they leak, I do some research and then find something SIMILAR. There are THOUSANDS of vapes available, probably, that would be equally suitable. The three different vendors tells me it was NOT in the same time frame probably. However your burning "need" to warn others tells me you vaped and carried your leaky mods for a while, before they started autofiring. That almost seems reasonable, especially with smok.

I told you that you needed some common sense and to move on from smok.

I don't really think "no common sense" and "sophomoric" mean the same thing at all. IF you would like to be upset about my post, DO at least make sure you understand what you THINK I am insulting you with. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill too.

But I do apologize for any uh, ire you may have taken at my initial post.

Also, it's easy to "post the facts" AFTER the fact and then say I insulted you. If I did not "have the facts" from your initial post (and they most certainly weren't there) I don't understand how you expect me to read your mind and/or teleport to your location to find out what the "True facts" are/were.

Jeez dude chill out already. Your first post was concerning, and it still is. Get rid of those mods and get something else. You don't need to warn others just buy some different mods and move on with your life. I hope you aren't coming to Douglas AZ after you finish your degree because I don't want you working on MY computer.

Maybe now you know something about smok that you did not prior and well, growing forum pains along the way are WELL worth it, to be totally honest. You are just having a hissy fit now, and it is not necessary.

I do not understand REPEAT purchases of stuff that doesn't work. WARRANTIES maybe (do you know about those?) but not REPEAT purchases from different vendors. The vendor will NOT make the difference, even slightly.

Anna

I did get the idea that your original response was a bit negative. Reading it from a third person perspective, You essentially told him that he doesn't have any common sense even though he is well educated. I would have taken offense to it as well. I know you've been around for a while, and I know you're not like this, but he doesn't know you. :)

I can understand the frustration that @stribb01 has. He's probably went to other sites asking this question and had to go through the same routine questions.. five clicks on and off, clean the contacts, check the seals on the atomizer, prime your coils, etc etc.... He already knows this, and I'm sure it's frustrating to hear the same advice over and over. I am sure he is coming to our forum for a second or third opinion. He was probably hoping someone here knows a quick fix... "replace this o-ring" or "do this to the coil". that other sites may not know. Unfortunately @stribb01 , there is no easy fix, and I doubt anyone here knows of one.

And I advise that this whole matter be dropped by everyone.. This isn't what this forum is about. It's about helping someone who is having a problem. Let's be here for those people who do and answer accordingly.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude, don't you have a video of a SMOK stick going up in flames? As I think that OP devices are of a similar type.
Yes I do. OP is using a SMOK vape pen 22 (1650 mah internal battery), the pen that blows up in the video is a SMOK iStick V8 with a 3000 mah internal battery. Keep your focus on the opening to the kitchen area where the mod is being charged on the kitchen counter.

stribb01

Aug 4, 2019
I did get the idea that your original response was a bit negative. Reading it from a third person perspective, You essentially told him that he doesn't have any common sense even though he is well educated. I would have taken offense to it as well. I know you've been around for a while, and I know you're not like this, but he doesn't know you. :)

I can understand the frustration that @stribb01 has. He's probably went to other sites asking this question and had to go through the same routine questions.. five clicks on and off, clean the contacts, check the seals on the atomizer, prime your coils, etc etc.... He already knows this, and I'm sure it's frustrating to hear the same advice over and over. I am sure he is coming to our forum for a second or third opinion. He was probably hoping someone here knows a quick fix... "replace this o-ring" or "do this to the coil". that other sites may not know. Unfortunately @stribb01 , there is no easy fix, and I doubt anyone here knows of one.

And I advise that this whole matter be dropped by everyone.. This isn't what this forum is about. It's about helping someone who is having a problem. Let's be here for those people who do and answer accordingly.
My apologies to anyone who I might have offended in my earlier reply! I'm get nervous in these forums and sometimes I might not pick up things or take things the wrong way because I've had a TBI and stroke.

I was on!y trying to get the message out about these cheap Smok Vape Pen 22's and their fire hazards! I have owned plenty of mods, tanks, clearomizers, Evods and everything in between! I am well versed at dealing with juice leaks from air holes, from bases and just about everywhere else you can think of! But to have juice leak from behind the FIRE BUTTON? And then have 2 of those devices short circuit and AUTO FIRE, I just thought people should be aware of the risks!
Once again, my apologies, I don't normally post in forums and BTW, I'm a WOMAN, not a man! Surprise!

Last edited:

stribb01

Aug 4, 2019
Yes I do. OP is using a SMOK vape pen 22 (1650 mah internal battery), the pen that blows up in the video is a SMOK iStick V8 with a 3000 mah internal battery. Keep your focus on the opening to the kitchen area where the mod is being charged on the kitchen counter.

At least you can see that I'm not making this stuff up and my batteries were not even charging!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
At least you can see that I'm not making this stuff up and my batteries were not even charging!
That thought never crossed my mind, especially when you said your mod was a SMOK. I still find it hard to believe that SMOK is still on the market after all these years.

stribb01

Aug 4, 2019
@stribb01, no worries.

SMOK is mentioned too many times along with failure, which is why we suggested you to stop using your device and to use another more reliable device.

Two of them were safely disposed of and the third has no coil in it and the battery has completely been drained due to it bricking itself! I'm in dispute with the company and trying to get my money back on that one. I was worried about the fire hazards that the other 2 Vape Pen 22's caused that I forgot to tell you about the last one I bought on 5/25/19 that just bricked itself last week and refused to hold a charge!

My Smoant Pasito just came in Friday! I had already ordered it but; 1) I have plenty of other mods available to me and 2) I thought that it was more important to let anyone out there who either owned or was considering buying a Smok Vape Pen 22 to be aware of the FIRE hazards! But I thank you all so much for giving me your time and help!

stribb01

Aug 4, 2019
You said you bought three from different vendors "Because of the leakage problem." I don't buy mods that leak because they "go good in my purse." If they leak, I do some research and then find something SIMILAR. There are THOUSANDS of vapes available, probably, that would be equally suitable. The three different vendors tells me it was NOT in the same time frame probably. However your burning "need" to warn others tells me you vaped and carried your leaky mods for a while, before they started autofiring. That almost seems reasonable, especially with SMOK.

I told you that you needed some common sense and to move on from SMOK.

I don't really think "no common sense" and "sophomoric" mean the same thing at all. IF you would like to be upset about my post, DO at least make sure you understand what you THINK I am insulting you with. Reading comprehension is a valuable skill too.

But I do apologize for any uh, ire you may have taken at my initial post.

Also, it's easy to "post the facts" AFTER the fact and then say I insulted you. If I did not "have the facts" from your initial post (and they most certainly weren't there) I don't understand how you expect me to read your mind and/or teleport to your location to find out what the "True facts" are/were.

Jeez dude chill out already. Your first post was concerning, and it still is. Get rid of those mods and get something else. You don't need to warn others just buy some different mods and move on with your life. I hope you aren't coming to Douglas AZ after you finish your degree because I don't want you working on MY computer.

Maybe now you know something about SMOK that you did not prior and well, growing forum pains along the way are WELL worth it, to be totally honest. You are just having a hissy fit now, and it is not necessary.

I do not understand REPEAT purchases of stuff that doesn't work. WARRANTIES maybe (do you know about those?) but not REPEAT purchases from different vendors. The vendor will NOT make the difference, even slightly.

Anna
Sophomoric literally means wise fool! I had already stated that I had been Vaping for many years and that I have a wide range of mods, tanks, etc at my disposal. I also know my of VG/PG Ratios. It's just that I've been watching these Vape Pen 22's with a somewhat clinical eye due to the constant leakage behind the fire button. But that is neither here nor there, what I would really like to do is apologize to you! I have a TBI and and have had a Stroke! I get easily frustrated and in my post to you it showed! Once again, I'm sorry! I was just so horrified to wake up to the sound of a device going right next to me because I have difficulty walking and especially after having being burnt by the same type of device while rescuing my backpack and it's contents just a few days before! And just to set the record straight,I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette and no, I will not be driving to your house! Your the 2nd person to automatically assume that just because I have a degree in Comp Sci that I must be a guy! Nope, Geek Girls Rule! I hope you can accept my sincerest apology.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
My apologies to anyone who I might have offended in my earlier reply! I'm get nervous in these forums and sometimes I might not pick up things or take things the wrong way because I've had a TBI and stroke.

I was on!y trying to get the message out about these cheap Smok Vape Pen 22's and their fire hazards! I have owned plenty of mods, tanks, clearomizers, Evods and everything in between! I am well versed at dealing with juice leaks from air holes, from bases and just about everywhere else you can think of! But to have juice leak from behind the FIRE BUTTON? And then have 2 of those devices short circuit and AUTO FIRE, I just thought people should be aware of the risks!
Once again, my apologies, I don't normally post in forums and BTW, I'm a WOMAN, not a man! Surprise!

Oh, I share your frustration. I didn't take any offense to anything you said. One example, was when I was first getting into mods. I bought a VAMO V3 as an upgrade to an EGO type atomizer, and was wondering how to fix the center pin. I went from forum to forum asking how to fix the center pin on it, and all I heard was "get a provari" or "that Vamo is garbage, get another one" etc... Like you, I didn't get the answer I was looking for. Yes, I knew the Vamo had a weak 510, but I knew that when I bought it. I knew they used soft metal for the 510, and can easily strip. I kept being frustrated, since I knew that wasn't the issue with mine, and I babied my vamo.. but still, it wouldn't fire and the threads were fine for me. I finally got the answer, but I was so frustrated at hearing the same advice that didn't apply to me that I still remember the issue to this day.

For me, I am a tinkerer. If a mod is malfunctioning, I don't mind taking it apart and trying to fix it. It beats throwing it away, and I learned some things by doing so. Many of the Chinese manufacturers LOVE to use hot glue and press fit devices. The Smok22 is such a device. The fact that it's an all in one device makes matters much worse.

Because of juice leakings into the mods, I have started using something called a Kepler style heat sink on the 510 of all my devices. Since then, the juice leaks have not become an issue. I have had three mods die due to juice leaking into the mod, and have had it happen to more than just those three.. Only three died because of it. It's not a Smok only related issue, but has to do more with how they do their "spring loaded 510".... it's the spring part that is where the juice leaks. The more durable of the mods tend to protect itself by having the circuit board away from the 510.. juice still leaks through, but it doesn't touch any vital parts and there is proper insulation on the wires to keep it from shorting.

With the Smok 22, there is no 510, so I couldn't recommend the heat sink..but in the future, if you get a mod, I do highly recommend the heat sink. Theoretically, it does raise the resistance a bit, but I really don't notice a difference. Perhaps the cloud chasers do, but I am not one of those. For me, put a heat sink on, bump up the wattage by one, and everything is fine for years in the future (literally) Just do proper maintenance.

And I don't accept the apology, since I really don't see anything to apologize for.. but I do like the respect. And here, girls are just as technical as guys. :) so it's quite common. :) welcome. :) And, like you, I am computer oriented... I dropped Comp Sci because all they were teaching was Pascal, which at the time, C++ was the thing, so I thought it was a dated degree. I chose to go A+, Net+ MCSA and CCNA certification.... which was for naught... because they hired the programmers/database engineers to administer the networks and fix the hardware.....go figure. :)

And isn't a woMAN just a sub-category of MAN? <running and ducking for cover>:eek:

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread