SMOK X-Priv Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Jacobs

Jul 21, 2020
I hate to bother people in forums but after weeks of searching and no results, I'm at a loss. I have a smok X-Priv, have had it for about 3 months now. Works fine when batteries are 100% charged. Once the batteries fall down to about 65% charged, it will fire for about two seconds then the voltage will drop from about 4.25 volts to 0.05 volts. I have 4 sets of batteries and it does it with all sets. I ordered two new sets of 18650 3.7v 3000mah thinking that maybe all my batteries just happened to go bad at the same time. It is still doing it with these new batteries. Has anyone ever ran into this? Any ideas on what I can do to fix? Any info, help, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Which exact cells are you using?
Name brand & any letters or numbers to help identify.
Are they matched sets?
Same brand, model, age, charge cycles, mah, CDR.

Did you buy from a known reputable source? / reliable dealer selling authentic cells.
Many counterfeit, rewrap lesser quality cells on the market.
You must use cells with a sufficient CDR for the power ranges you intend to use.

Are you charging the cells with a quality external charger?

Smok has a long term well deserved & earned poor reputation for producing low quality flaky power devices.

• Agree
Reactions: ShamrockPat

Josh Jacobs

Jul 21, 2020
Which exact cells are you using?
Name brand & any letters or numbers to help identify.
Are they matched sets?
Same brand, model, age, charge cycles, mah, CDR.

Did you buy from a known reputable source? / reliable dealer selling authentic cells.
Many counterfeit, rewrap lesser quality cells on the market.
You must use cells with a sufficient CDR for the power ranges you intend to use.

Smok has a long term well deserved & earned poor reputation for producing low quality flaky power devices.

Umm... Not sure.... The numbers on the batteries are LGDBHG21865 and then below that is P148E272AG. The batteries work well in my other older SMOK, but that one my trigger is going bad and it's such a frustrating battle to use which is why I bought this X-Priv. The X-priv works beautifully but I can only use like 40% of the battery life.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
What wattage are you running at? Even if those are genuine HG2s in good condition, the board will reduce the draw and soon stop it altogether if it doesn't see enough amperage to boost the voltage with. Those are 20 amp batteries.

If they aren't genuine. All bets are off.

I have 2 X-Privs. One I've had for 2 years and still works fine and one that was given to me beaten to death and wouldn't start. I got that one working too :) (Long story)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Those are known as LG HG2 20a CDR, should power the device up to 120w with no problem,, if authentic.
That's why I asked where you bought them.

Or are you charging using the power device/ mod?

Not knocking your choice in power devices, it is not at all uncommon for a Smok device to have issues.
X priv has multiple known issues with various battery management related.

Josh Jacobs

Jul 21, 2020
I vape on new coils around 30 watts and as they age I bump them up. Usually no higher than 60 watts on a 3, 4-week old coil (And that's very very rare). Right now I'm sitting at 48 watts, but this coil is going on it's 3rd week. The new batteries I bought from a vape store here in this small town of Frankfort KY. Probably not the best quality, but I'm not sure. I was going to attempt to reset it, I had seen a thread out here that talked about updating the firmware. So going to attempt that and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread