Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDankNuggs

Feb 13, 2013
CT
So I had a problem with my Zmax today, searched all over the forums and was not able to find a solution so I figured I would solve the problem myself then post what I did that solved my problem, so with out further adieu DrDankNuggs Zmax Center post oring sealing fix thing!!!

First off the problem I had.
My Zmax was acting up I would put my tank on and it would not fire:(, the Ohm reader would jump all over the place 0.0-9.9 ohm usually displaying one or the other but occasionally .1-1.5 ohms. I cleaned the center post contact and that didn't solve the problem I raised the center post and that didn't solve the problem so this let me to the last possible solution the O-ring under the center post was out of shape and slightly out of place causing the center post to make contact with parts other than the center of my tank. I had to come up with something to put under the center post to prevent incidental contact!
My solution ended up being quite simple. I used the silicone piece from the cover of the blunt tip dropper tops(see 1st picture)! I used the thin rubber piece that attaches the tip cover to the top of the bottle, I broke off a half a inch piece of that thin rubber and with a thumb tack I worked that rubber piece under the center post to virtually replace the broken o-ring that seals off the battery & center post(see the second picture, the silicone is below the center post). It took a bit of playing around with to get it in place but it ended up fitting perfectly and instantly made my Zmax work perfectly again read ohms spot on and fired up straight away!
Just in case there was any confusion of what I'm talking about here I took a couple pictures it would have saved me some trouble if I could have found a thread like this from the start so I'm happy to be able to create it and hopefully be able to help someone out :) image (4).jpg image (5).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread