Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
LOL, on the ball tonight..

It doesn't seem like there have been any good reports about this company. Just looking, their website now has a message on it saying they have stopped taking orders - I'd get onto them straight away SmokeNoTar.com

EDIT Noticed they were taking orders for starter kits at £10 which I suspect is below cost price. Not normally good business practice :confused:

Last edited:
Hi to you all,

I am ever so sorry - I was the chap who ran smokenotar.com.

I would like to inform you that I was hospitalized, I am currently an in-patient in a hospital and I have been for some time now, and it looks like I will be released in about 2 months time.

However, I am about to start to be given leave from the hospital and so there will be time for me to deal with issues where money has been paid for product, and the product has not been received yet, I admit a considerable wait in some peoples' cases.

The reason Smokenotar.com crashed was because I was hospitalized, although there were some problems arising just before I was hospitalized, and whilst a good many of them were factors and mistakes by contractors outside my own control, I did make mistakes myself, not least eventually selling the starter kit at a loss seeking to recoup monies on cartridge sales, this WAS silly for someone with insufficient financial resources to pull this off, and I am very sorry indeed that things went wrong.

What happened and why smokenotar.com did not fulfil its vision is a long story, a lot of things happened as I mentioned outside my control, but I will not bore you with lots of excuses.

Instead, I want to try to honour 100% of my obligations, and I am an honourable man.

There are approximately 60 cases where goods have been ordered and not received. There were hundreds of orders successfully delivered as well.

Right, let me try to help you now. By the way, I did not see that much of the money that was paid via Paypal to me - again it's a complex story I won't bore you with it.

I am still in hospital, but if you were waiting for goods from me and didn't receive them, I need to remedy the situation.

I am going to come back on this forum - having spoken to some business consultants such as Trading Standards who are keen to assist me and those customers let down - and I am going to put up a mobile phone number (my personal number) where you can reach me. This will done (ie I will post again) within 7 days.

Then you can telephone me and I can, over a period of time, remedy the situation for you. If and when you do telephone me, please try to be polite and understanding - ie. try not to swear at me etc if you would(!), but I appreciate I must honour everything I can, which I believe will be all outstanding issues.

It will take some time, and please note the following:-

i. If you want a full refund, I will do it, but it may take some considerable time due to lack of funds at the immediate time.

ii. If you would like to receive goods, I am receiving a shipment from China in approximately 2-3 weeks time, and so realistically within 4-5 weeks, it may be possible for me to send you goods to the value to which you have ordered. (even if you for example ordered a starter kit, and then you didn't receive and ordered one elsewhere, perhaps I can send you nicotine cartridges?)

The above points apply to those who have not registered a credit card chargeback or Paypal dispute.

I would prefer to deliver you goods.

Once again, I am an honourable man, and I am sorry that I did not execute the creation of "smokenotar.com" correctly.

I will post again in a few days time as promised.

Do link and direct people to this post, thank you.

All the best,

Peter Dew
ex-proprietor of smokenotar.com

falling

Dec 10, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Hi Peter,

You may be wondering why no-one responded to your post so far. Originally, I planned to stay out of this, but there are still a few points that rankle me (and, I suppose, a lot of others out there as well).

1. You claim that smokenotar crashed because you have been hospitalised. Sorry, your website ceased trading on 22nd January - does that mean you would still be taking people's money if you hadn't been hospitalised? The site was still up and running Mid December and the price for the starter kits was reduced around that time. At that stage, there were many people, myself included, who slowly realised that their order would never arrive.
  2. I accept that part of the problem was caused by third parties involved. ... BUT ... the complete lack of communication with your wronged customers was your biggest mistake by a long shot. Being ignored like this is plain humiliating, not to mention the loss of money during a time when every penny (cent) counts.
  3. You say it that approx. 60 cases were affected by this and that hundreds of orders were successfully delivered? No offence, but I find that hard to believe. Only 60, and you didn't even manage to send out a blanket email to explain the situation?
Seeing that you didn't, as promised, come back on the forum to post your mobile number after almost 3 weeks, the words 'honour(able)' and 'sorry' are sounding hollower by the day. You are asking people to be polite and not to swear. Well, what good are swear words if you don't use them in extreme situations - and you are not in any position to be sensitive.

Your post was the first step in the right direction (I have a feeling that the consultants from Trading Standards had something to do with this), but you are going to have to follow it up with deeds.

My advice to everyone affected would be: Don't wait for a micraly and try for credit card chargeback (worked for me) or PayPal dispute.

Wishing you a speedy recovery (I really mean it, honestly!),

Ingrid
(ex-customer of smokenotar)

I'm really sorry I did not post a few days later as promised. Two things really; firstly sadly my Dad suffered a mild heart attack and I was preoccupied with issues around this, also I was detained in the hospital (psychiatric) for longer than expected. Now completely out, if there are any unresolved issues you can email me at peterdew at symbol hotmail dot co dot uk. If you do email, please allow up to a few days for me to get back to you, because currently I have very limited internet access (which has also been a problem). Best wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread