SmokeTip (you may say it's the same, but it's NOT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msqun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
MS
www.facebook.com
I realize that the SmokeTip brand of 2pc. is the same thing as any other KR808D-1, but when others say it's the same thing you can get anywhere; it bothers me. The Customer service and Warranty make them unmatched by any other competitors that I PERSONALLY know of with this same model. Why? You may ask, but here is my story long, but still a shortened version:

SmokeTip has went WAY beyond what they ever "should" have. Kristi is still just AMAZING!!!!
Remember you get what you pay for! SmokeTip may not be the cheapest of the cheap in starter kits or even the other merchandise they offer BUT they STAND behind their product more than anyone else I know of...I know of LOTS of suppliers now due to the e-cigarette-forum so, believe me this says a MASSIVE amount about SmokeTip.

HERE is my latest experience..be prepared it's lengthy and WORTH knowing::2cool:
As many of you know from this group I have begun DIY with my own flavors from Nicotine up. I have not been a regular consumer of ST in at least 2 months. HOWEVER: I purchased my starter kit from them, and they stood behind the two batts that went bad within just a week or so...Well, then we had some cartomizers not right in the kit (not filled or dryed out)...replacements sent without any questions OR hesitation and I didn't even have to send the "bad" ones back....Ordered the 2 PassThroughs and well, they were good while they lasted. (that's not the end of the PT) Did not even realize that the merchandise besides batteries had a 90 day warranty...SO, PT dies, we disassemble and attempt to modify/restore function until a cheaper "more durable" style PT gets here
(from litecigusa.net)....off to the "junk" box the ST PT's go...We have the original USB charger stop working before the 90 days, but because we didn't know about warranty, off to the box with the PT's (never know what you may can use for parts later ;) ) Just after the 90 days is up, the initial two batts that came in the OTHER starter kit we bought died. Ok, well I realize that there is a warranty that I didn't know about while directing a new member in the forums to SmokeTip....I contacted Kristi and she said send it all back. I assured her that the PT's were not even recognizable...(I meant it wholeheartedly; hey they worked) she said send it all back....Before I could even get my stuff in her hands she had already sent out replacements for EVERY single thing. I had told her in an email about a more durable PT and what do you know, SMOKETIP has UPGRADED their PT's....THEY have the better quality ones NOW. YAY!!!! Same great quality as competitors now, only with a warranty! (and not manual) Other competitors stand behind their stuff for a couple days usually, some even 30 days, but SmokeTip is UNMATCHED in the reliability of making sure what you order is what you KEEP. I didn't realize the PT they currently offer is the "more durable" style because the website pic didn't show the new and improved one. I was EXTREMELY happy to see those when I opened that package. My motto: IF SmokeTip has the hardware you need for your KR808-D1 style model (the numbers of the ST brand) spend the extra money UNLESS you just simply can NOT afford to because you will find NO other competitor that stands behind and replaces broken/faulty material like they do. Hey, an extra 5.00 for a PT that has a 90 day warranty YOU BET!!! (considering we've had two die completely and 2 that are intermittent in IF they work or not in only 100 days or so)The only difference is that soooo far, to my knowledge, they still don't have the manual PT/batts....I do love my manual. That warranty and CS of SmokeTip still makes the manual seem like a questionable option. So, even IF you see that I am elsewhere for other things, BELIEVE ME when I SAY I still say SMOKETIP hardware FTW!!! Yay for a GREAT company and service! You can email or even call them at the craziest times and regardless, you'll hear back within a couple of hours. Kristi at SmokeTip is simply Amazing!!! So, yeah, it's "just" a KR808D-1, but service and an UNBELIEVABLE warranty puts them above and beyond in my sight! Where else can you get a LIFETIME warranty on 808 batts?:2c:
Keep on vaping!!!:vapor:

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Good story, and emphasizes the point that I think ought to be. A good vendor isn't just about price. Well, maybe for some it is, but then you have to be willing to just shrug and toss stuff in the trash if it comes to that. I'll nearly always go back to the people who treat me well, even if it means I spend a buck or two more here and there.

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
msqun, I couldn't agree with you more! SmokeTip.com and Kristi are amazing and, as far as I can determine, is the only company offering a lifetime warranty in addition to their excellent, courteous, and professional customer service. Of course, for financial reasons, I now do not treat their cartomizers as immediately disposable since I have found that they can be refilled very easily. Since quitting tobacco cigarettes on April 1st using exclusively SmokeTip pre-filled -I have added and find that I prefer the manual KR808D-1 to the automatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread