Smoking everywhere mall kiosk story

Status
Not open for further replies.

324productions

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Monument, CO
Someone needs to go open a kiosk in Orlando with real PV's
Someone does need to open a kiosk with real vapes ! I just get to thinking though. Why are Smoking Everywhere's prices so high? Maybe cuz they are in malls all over the place, they have advertising everywhere and the only way to pay for all of that is to charge a 400% markup? Ive wished for the same thing... I bet we all have. I personally don't mind purchasing things off the internet.. If I break something I just hope I bought another one in time, holidays i have found don't help. I respect people selling on the internet, it takes alot of photoshop and time to get everything right and your clientele set up. I think that if for example I created my own store in the mall, there would be too much overhead to deal with that then it would affect prices. Most of all, I would feel bad taking business from the good online sellers.

I don't know about all this bashing of the mall kiosk guys my guy Rowan is a really stand up guy and does know his devices. I understand that they have to make a profit, but some of them actually sell decent gear. My local guy does sell eGo's and they are well priced around 100 for a full box kit. Not a bad price considering you can get them on the fly try one out and he will warranty the batteries and attys. Not only that he even carries halo juice which I love. I run out of my smooth 8 I can get another 30ml bottle for $30 that day. I honestly think as the market expands for e-cigs in shops and online the junk will eventually just fade away.

debbir

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Orlando, FL
Not adding much here, but while I was stuck out in vegas before I heard of sincitecig and shane, I went to a Smoking Everywhere kiosk. They offered me a 5ml bottle of menthol fluid in 8 strength for 80 dollars, said it would last me ATLEAST a year. What an idiot ;]

WOW! 5 ml for $80, talk about highway robbery!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Here's my thoughts about SE. Yeah, they're fighting the legal battle and I'm glad someone has the money to do that but they have that money because they sell cheap products at a 500% markup. I don't believe their motivation for fighting this battle is to save ecigs or to be a service to people who are trying to quit tobacco. They are interested in saving that insane profit margin. Period.
That being said, if they pull this off and get the industry legitimized and raise public awareness to the availability of this alternative to smoking the public will quickly learn how much of a rip off they are and they will soon cease to exist. I love the irony of that.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
Just to add my $.02. My daughter who lives in NY sent me a SE Gold last year for my birthday. We had previously talked about E-Cigs but, as is the way with many smokers, I put off actually doing the research and buying my own. I did not start using the kit for two months. When I did start I never looked back. I have of course now done all the research and primarily use an EGO with LR 510 attys and love vaping. Although Smoking Everywhere's prices are a complete rip-off they have been instrumental in getting many people off analogs.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I don't know about all this bashing of the mall kiosk guys my guy Rowan is a really stand up guy and does know his devices. I understand that they have to make a profit, but some of them actually sell decent gear. My local guy does sell eGo's and they are well priced around 100 for a full box kit. Not a bad price considering you can get them on the fly try one out and he will warranty the batteries and attys. Not only that he even carries halo juice which I love. I run out of my smooth 8 I can get another 30ml bottle for $30 that day. I honestly think as the market expands for e-cigs in shops and online the junk will eventually just fade away.

We're bashing the mall kiosk guys because they're LIARS. And, the thread was about Smoking Everywhere..I'm not sure who your kiosk guy is, but if he has EGo's, he's obviously NOT from SE..

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
We're bashing the mall kiosk guys because they're LIARS. And, the thread was about Smoking Everywhere..I'm not sure who your kiosk guy is, but if he has EGo's, he's obviously NOT from SE..

Actually, its the same guy that roped me in. UnknownSolider is my roommate. When I first went there, they were really only selling the Smoking Everywhere stuff and cheap juice at a definite mark-up (30ml for $30 of cheap stuff).

The Smoke 51 Trio I bought almost 2 months ago is what got the both of us thinking there had to be something better out there. Since then, Unknown went back to the same kiosk and started chatting the guy up (who was a different guy than I dealt with), and since he clearly knew what he was talking about, wasn't going to be persuaded on the Smoke51 junk. That's actually where he got his eGo and first taste of Halo.

My guess is that over time, some of these kiosks will either start carrying better stuff or start folding once vaping becomes that much more main-stream.

rtbob

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
Austin, TX
I bought my first ecig from a mall kiosk also. SE Gold. Two batteries, one atty and five carts. The guy threw in a box of the larger carts pre filled with a tobacco flavor for free.

Total cost was $175.00. They made their claims about each cart equals 22 million cigs er something like that. He also hooked me into buying a 10ml bottle of PG for $20.00.

It did get me off of cigs. I hold no animosity against him. It was my own fault, I shoulda done my home work before buying instead of after.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I dunno. I guess you should do a little research before you buy anything but you can't research everything and these companies are taking advantage of desperate peoples ignorance. A vulture is a vulture. I bought an over priced POS the first time too and I quit smoking but that doesn't make it right that I got robbed.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bought my first ecig from a mall kiosk also. SE Gold. Two batteries, one atty and five carts. The guy threw in a box of the larger carts pre filled with a tobacco flavor for free.

Total cost was $175.00. They made their claims about each cart equals 22 million cigs er something like that. He also hooked me into buying a 10ml bottle of PG for $20.00.

It did get me off of cigs. I hold no animosity against him. It was my own fault, I shoulda done my home work before buying instead of after.

I certainly hope that widespread use of Ecigs results in market prices falling or at least not rising. If you think about it, you can vape for 10-20 dollars a month. I was smoking a carton a week or more at $36-$38 a pop. I saw a link one day entitled "The Truth About Cigarettes". I clicked it and it was basically an infomercial for an Ecig. I started Googling and ended up here.

The gist of marketing techniques is that prices seem to conform to "Whatever the market will bear". As long as there is competition the prices will stay reasonable. When big tobacco enters the market, Uncle Sam will see that as a reason to procure taxes from the new industry. After all, people are laying down analogs left and right after trying E-Cigs and the Feds will see that their tax horse is dying.

The good thing about E-Cig proliferation is that testing will occur and we won't have to worry about ethylene glycol contamination in our juice. The New Zealand test mentions that one sample from SE had EG as an ingredient.

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
I got duped as well. "Only" paid $100 for a 4081 with 2 batts and 3 boxes of carts (which, apparently, is a "deal" based on what some others paid, heh). They charge $30 for new batteries at the kiosk near me, and $60 (yes, sixty!!!) for an atomizer. They don't even bother selling bottles of liquid, just carts.

Am I ......? Yeah, a bit. But it also brought me here, and I've since found better PVs.

Plus, since they have a nice 1-year warranty, I have no problem dripping on my 4081, even though it has auto batts. The batteries will get clogged with juice and stop working after a few weeks, then I just go get a new one for free. Is it kinda a scumbag thing to do? Probably. But I want my moneys worth and, as far as I know, there is nothing that says I can't drip with them, soooo...

Scorps

Nov 17, 2010
orlando
Orlando does have some, i just bought a SE in the prime outlet malls in kissimmee (looking to return or exchange it right now), and i saw another one in the Florida mall.

i fell for it too, even though i haggled the guy from:

$150 for the kit.

to:

$130 for the kit, a drop bottle and a case.

my SE produces a good amount of vapor on the first puff, but afterwards, nothing, and the battery blinks three times after i unplug from the charger, which a rep said means it'd defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread