Smoking, New E-cig, Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maleta

Apr 8, 2010
Alright so today after doing so much research... i went from the NJOY that i was gonna buy at a smoke shop (then they kept being ....ty so i decided to go online) then i saw the awesome BLU cig with the charge case AWESOME!! and red the reviews... well obviously that wen down the pooper... THEN i saw the volcano... and i was going to do it but i kept hearing a few people upgrading to the sideshow... so WHY NOT just get the sideshow now and save myself the headache..

So i call modernvapor's Tony... and let me tell you the reviews of this guy are on point... He was so helpful even with a few stupid questions that i had and everything... so i just placed my order and ill get it... uhh whenever i get it lol.. i actually told my buddy about it and i had to call back to change my order around to add a whole other SIDESHO HYBRID... and another bottle of e-liquid.. that dude tony was awesome.. and just so everyone knows HE'S GOT NEW LED CASES FOR THE SIDESHO... which saw the pics and they are SICK!!!! if you want pics i got some he forwarded them to me.. which he said will be on the site soon.. (btw there was a small order issue with what i wanted.. he fixed it and adjusted it immediately... ) so deff not worried about it... oh and even though i know the site says no refunds .. after all the reviews and how helpful he was im not even worried about it .. i know it will be a great product and ill be pleased.. :)

1) Okay so some questions... i smoke about 1.5 packs a day of turkish silvers a day so thats about 30 cigs... (about .8mg of nicotine per cig) so i bought the 24 mg nicotine fluid for the refills... is that about right or did i get to high of fluid..???

2) any tips for a newbie?

3) where do you guys the fluid at... the modernvapor is about 8bux with the discount from tonys name thiny... but i saw cheraper for like 16ml or or 32 ml... so what size and where did you guys buy them from? (theres a lot of ....ty stuff around so im curious about it)

4) how is it coming off the cigs to the vape? i heard its a little rough at first cause you body was addicted the chemicals too...

5) also i can easily see a million people asking questions about it does it get annoying? and is there ways to avoid it? lol :w00t:

6) does free fluid trial packs exist?

7) what flavors are good.. i got recommended the B&N for smooth yet thickness???

8) WHERE ON EARTH IS EVERYONE GETTING THE COOOOL counters?? like how many you didnt smoke how much you saved??? where are they??

9)and whats going on with the law stuff?? i heard it was illegal in some states and now its legal??? whats up with that?

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!!

thanks guys

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I answered whatever I could, hope it helps. and WELCOME!:)

1) Okay so some questions... i smoke about 1.5 packs a day of turkish silvers a day so thats about 30 cigs... (about .8mg of nicotine per cig) so i bought the 24 mg nicotine fluid for the refills... is that about right or did i get to high of fluid..???sounds about right to me

2) any tips for a newbie?don't drop all your cash right in the beginning, as soon as you start you'll know exactly what you need to get next

3) where do you guys the fluid at... the modernvapor is about 8bux with the discount from tonys name thiny... but i saw cheraper for like 16ml or or 32 ml... so what size and where did you guys buy them from? (theres a lot of ....ty stuff around so im curious about it)

4) how is it coming off the cigs to the vape? i heard its a little rough at first cause you body was addicted the chemicals too...vape like a madman! vape often, vape early. don't wait until you have a craving-beat it to the punch. You'll know if you've over done it just like you knew if you've smoked too much one night (little sick feeling w/ headache) so don't worry about "nicotine poisoning" cause its not going to happen. Oh, and if you DO start jonesing for a smoke just start vaping while you decide whether or not to have one. don't be surprised if you still have a smoke or two (or three) for a while after starting to vape, eventually the nasty taste will drive you into the welcome arms of your favorite PV and that'll be that. IF you have been vaping for a while and still craving cigs a lot, you might try either snus once in a while or maybe, maybe higher mg nic.

5) also i can easily see a million people asking questions about it does it get annoying? and is there ways to avoid it? lol :w00t:don't worry, you'll probably want to show it to everyone you meet and have a tee-shirt made too. but if you find people bugging you about it just tell them you are "pretend smoking"

7) what flavors are good.. i got recommended the B&N for smooth yet thickness???

8) WHERE ON EARTH IS EVERYONE GETTING THE COOOOL counters?? like how many you didnt smoke how much you saved??? where are they??click on one you like and it brings up the site where you can get your own. add the link to your counter where you'd add your custom signature

9)and whats going on with the law stuff?? i heard it was illegal in some states and now its legal??? whats up with that?yeah, big tobacco can't make money on it and big pharmaceuticals can't make money on it so now the government is trying to ban them "pending FDA trials" -which, I'm sure they are in no hurry to have done and which would have to be paid for my the small time juice vendors (like that's happening anytime soon) I, for one, sort of wish they would just go ahead and call them tobacco and start the taxes and leave us alone to gather our resources so we could overturn it all later.

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!!!

thanks guys

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
1) Okay so some questions... i smoke about 1.5 packs a day of turkish silvers a day so thats about 30 cigs... (about .8mg of nicotine per cig) so i bought the 24 mg nicotine fluid for the refills... is that about right or did i get to high of fluid..???
You'll have to figure that out through trial and error. In general, the more you smoked the higher nic levels you'll want, but some heavy smokers find that they prefer lower nic levels and vise-versa. It's a personal preference thing.

2) any tips for a newbie?
Try everything. There are a lot of options, and no matter what the reviews say, you'll never know if you prefer a particular atty/battery voltage/juice unless you try it for yourself. All this stuff is subjective, and you'll always find at least one person who swears by something, even though most others swear at it.

3) where do you guys the fluid at...
There's a great database of liquid suppliers here. If you prefer to shop by price, I made up a chart here. I'm really liking Viking Vapor myself, but again, it's all a matter of taste.

4) how is it coming off the cigs to the vape?
For me it was easy. For a lot of people it was easy. Others had more trouble. If it's not working out for you, you might need to try stronger/different juice or a different PV. A lot of people here have spent a lot of money finding what works best for them. It's not super efficient, but considering the advantages of quitting, it's worth it in the long run.

5) also i can easily see a million people asking questions about it does it get annoying? and is there ways to avoid it? lol :w00t:
There is a lot of turnover on this forum, so for every person who gets sick of answering questions, there's another willing to step up. Scorched wrote up a great musing on the phenomenon here.

If they do, they're probably a scam. Nothing is really free.

Again, it's all up to personal preference. Anything you don't like in a food you probably won't like in an e-liquid. Find a shop that sells cheap samples (see above) and try stuff out.

8) WHERE ON EARTH IS EVERYONE GETTING THE COOOOL counters??
Click on a counter and it will usually take you to the site that offers them.

9)and whats going on with the law stuff?? i heard it was illegal in some states and now its legal??? whats up with that?
There's a lot going on with the law and stuff. There's a whole section of the forum devoted to the stuff that's going on, so if you're interested, I suggest you start reading there.

Last edited:

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Hey Maleta good decision not getting a blu its just a more expensive 306 with (I must say) a cool charging case. For nicotine liquid I think you should start small and see how it goes. An e cig is a much more efficient way to get nicotine into your body. I'd recommend something like 11-12 or 18mg. As for the Volcano. I think you may have just bought a blu cig with a diff logo. It looks to me like a model 306. Don't expect the cartridges to work very well. I had a 306 to start and was on to a 510 within a month. Many of these companies sell the same product with diff packaging. a blue cig= a volcano= a janty mini fogger= a joye 306. Carts for this device never worked for me. If the vocano is advertised as say 100 puffs on a cart, expect 20. Don't want to rain on your parade but I had a mediocre experience with these "super mini" e cigs. The best deal I have found for liquid is awesomevapor (16ml bottle + a 3 ml bottle of a diff flavor $10) I thought I would want a tobacco flav but after experimenting with diff ones I found I didn't want tobacco flav I just had associated that flav with getting nicotine. That said the 3 I really like so far are coca cola, vanilla, and RY4. cappuccino isn't bad either. The customer service and liquid is good quality as well from awesomevapor. As for the switch from analogs to vaping: There was indeed a transitional period when I quit. I still had a sort of craving for cigarettes I think it was just my brain rewiring to disassociate cigarettes with getting nicotine and replacing it with e cigs. The other chemicals I feel could also have been a factor. After a month I never really felt like having a cigarette. Hope to hear about your experience when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread