smoktech bolt 18500 1600 mah mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
No doubt they are good people, but I've damaged this thing to the point I don't want to bother them with it. I think it was worth the money to educate myself about mods and a little about battery safety!

Thanks for taking one for the team, and sacrificing the Bolt :D!...and for posting the pics in that other thread. Seriously very informative and appreciated.

Last edited:

micksf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
San Fran
so I've been wondering if my Bolt button fails down the road if I could replace it. did your deconstruction reveal if that's possible?

just saw your other post, so question already answered.

No doubt they are good people, but I've damaged this thing to the point I don't want to bother them with it. I think it was worth the money to educate myself about mods and a little about battery safety!

Last edited:

silentbrains

Jan 1, 2012
so I've been wondering if my Bolt button fails down the road if I could replace it. did your deconstruction reveal if that's possible?

One more thing, the button is held in place with hot glue or silicon or something, and if it's like mine then it's all over the wires also. I kinda just pried it out but have no idea if I damaged the wires or solder joints in doing so. It might be difficult to replace the button because of that, and also because I have no idea what that stuff is exactly.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Correct me if im wrong, but the ego-t 18650, from what i read, is regulated at 3.5v. The bolt, like any other mechanical mod, is around 4.1v with freshly charged batts, but then slowly tapers down. The voltage drops to 3.0v when it's about to die, me thinks.

The bolt is not a mechanical mod. Mechanical mods dont use wires. The Bolt has a wired switch.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
Correct me if im wrong, but the ego-t 18650, from what i read, is regulated at 3.5v. The bolt, like any other mechanical mod, is around 4.1v with freshly charged batts, but then slowly tapers down. The voltage drops to 3.0v when it's about to die, me thinks.

I read somewhere that running a 18650 with an ext. cap for the Bolt would be 4.8 volts. And 2 LiFe P04's would be 6 volts. I don't even know what LiFe P04's are...lol. Can anyone confirm this? Is it safe to stack for the Bolt. I think 4.8 sounds good to me and am thinking of getting the 18650 with ext. cap

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago

This should be absolutely correct, I have an ego 18650 mod and my Volt 808 is out-performing it BIGtime! It can't be more than 3.4 (the ego mod)

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Just got my Bolt from CCV and it is great! It's a basic, no frills 3.7 volt tube mode which was exactly what I wanted. I'm really hard on PVs so needed something that could hold up or repair myself if need be. Using the 18500 battery to help keep the size down and it still lasts me all day even on my longest days. CCV not only had the best price, included a battery, and free shipping! I already get my cartos from there so it just made sense to include this with my last order. Thank you again, Andrew!!

Dougers

Nov 15, 2011
AZ
I read somewhere that running a 18650 with an ext. cap for the Bolt would be 4.8 volts. And 2 LiFe P04's would be 6 volts. I don't even know what LiFe P04's are...lol. Can anyone confirm this? Is it safe to stack for the Bolt. I think 4.8 sounds good to me and am thinking of getting the 18650 with ext. cap

No, 18650's are still 3.7 volts (4.2 off charger).

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I've been very tempted to get one of these many times but it seems to be pot luck whether you get a good one or a dud!

There have been some that have had trouble but if you are "handy" they are easily fixable. This is one thing that drew me to the Bolt - I can fix it if I have to. Also, CCV is very good with customer service. Even though it was my mistake, Andrew fixed me right up.

oldjoe

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
Il.
I got a Bolt w/extension from Hoosier e-cig and a 18650 3000Mah battery.
It's made very well and fits comfortably in my hand. The threading needs some lube but it's machined aluminum so that was no surprise.
Bolt-18650 3000Mah batt - charger for about $50 made Joe happy.
The only negative thing I can say about the Bolt would be it's too big to comfortably pack around when I go out but I'm working on a device of sorts to carry it.

beamrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2012
C-Bus
May not be the place to ask this, but has anyone found a GOOD replacement switch for the Bolt? I don't mean the cheapies from madvapes, I mean a nice metal switch, to last a few hundred thousand mechanical cycles. The wife LOVES this mod, it's perfect for her, but the switches keep crapping out. I don't mind spending the coin for a good switch, I just don't want to plunk down more for the switch than the mod costs in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread