Ended Smoktech giveaway! 250 Cloud Machines to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
darkness.jpg

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I got a couple LG 2500mah 35A 18650 Batteries that came with my VaporSharks, but they the red ones.
    They last pretty long & I like them :)
    Lg-35-Amps-500x500.png

The HE2's are pretty good batteries!
    But they're rated at 20A. The 35A is a "pulse" rating that really can't be used to determine anything about the battery's performance.

coldwind

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2015
    Almost any of our batteries can pulse to 70A. But how long is that pulse? How often can it be pulsed? How hot does the battery get?

Without the answers to these questions, the rating is essentially useless. I can rate a LG HG2 at 30A burst or 70A burst. Which is correct?

And if you set up a coil build that draws current at a battery's pulse rating, above the continuous rating, what happens if your mod autofires or your mechanical mod had its button get stuck or accidentally pressed in your pocket? Your battery could vent, or worse.

In my opinion, only build your coils to draw the continuous current rating of the battery or less. And if you want your batteries to have a long life before needing to be replaced, set up your coils to draw less current than that.
    Thank you @Mooch for such an important information. I hope i didn't bother you. I will read your guides & posts today. But i'm not going to build triple coils or something like that. I just want to be sure that i'm getting the right batteries.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    I got a couple LG 2500mah 35A 18650 Batteries that came with my VaporSharks, but they the red ones.
    They last pretty long & I like them :)
    Lg-35-Amps-500x500.png

Not to upset, but look up specs.
    20A continuous

LoLoThatIsMe123

ECF Veteran
    May 26, 2015
    I do use a 306 and a 901, I have my empire and a couple of drip shields(good thing too as he quit making the empires, don't know on the shields), I don't currently own a provari tho.

And yes the 306 and the 901 are attys you drip in.
    Thank for sharing.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Thank you @Mooch for such an important information. I hope i didn't bother you. I will read your guides & posts today. But i'm not going to build triple coils or something like that. I just want to be sure that i'm getting the right batteries.

You didn't bother me in the slightest. Ask away at any time. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread