SmokTech The Natural - New mechanical device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
Really? How is it losing ground when the others are charging $25-$30 more?

They really aren't.

madvapes want's $55.99 still for their "slanted" top and not even offering the flat top version.

Just one example Exhale Vapors is having a what appears to be now a pretty long 40% off coupon publicly with free shipping they have it for $47.39

madvapes used to have really good initial pricing especially for smok stuff since they can meet the order quality they want but I agree they seem to be going in the wrong direction now on price.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm looking at the Natural for a backup to my Provari. I find myself vaping quite a lot at 3.7v with cartos reading 2.7 ohms or so and sometimes with cartos that ring in at 3 to 3.1 ohms. It depends on the juice I'm vaping. I'd like to have something a little shorter to carry for after meal vaping.

I also questioned the bottom switch. When you look at the pictures on Madvapes web site, you get the idea that it is a good deal shorter than the Provari. Maybe that's because there's no electronics to extend the required tube length. That would make it just about right for stealth vaping and I'm looking for something that can use my AW 18650 IMR's.

$54.99 sounds about right for the early pricing of the Natural, IMO. Maybe when the world sells them, pricing competition will reduce it a couple of bucks. Considering that you get stainless steel construction and cheaper replaceable batteries instead of eGo/Riva batts, it looks like a pretty good deal to me. I'm sold on SS from the Provari.

ETA: What advantage would a flat top bring over the slanted version? Just curious. I kind of like the slant version myself.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
ETA: What advantage would a flat top bring over the slanted version? Just curious. I kind of like the slant version myself.

no real world advantage other then looks and a bit of support. if you go over 20mm on a provari for example the slanted cap doesnt look right as the atty hangs over the sides but if you make it flat it looks more refined and possibly can help support the tank better if it screws down that tight.

fooey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
chicago
I wish smoke would cut grooves for airflow on the top cap instead of a raised 510 connector. Slant or flat tops, atties not going to sit flush on the top. Some atties with longer 510 connector looks weird the way the gap looks. I'm getting one myself but I wish smoke would put more thought into their products...

Last edited:

SteveDTF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
Fullerton, CA
A local vape shop here had one in stock that the owner requested as a test unit. I tried to buy it from him but he was set on keeping it. He ordered the Natural and the Zmax Mini. I had a chance to play around with the Natural and let me tell you, it is a solid mechanical mod. We tried it with an 18650, an 18490, an 18500, and an 18350. With the 18650 and 18350 it is a seamless fit. With the 18490 and 18500 we had to separate each of the tubes and connectors about a couple of mm each to fit the 18490/500, but the slight gaps added an aesthetic that we all liked. One guy was talking about slapping rubber o-rings in the gaps for looks. All in all, the build quality was solid, and there was a lot of weight to this mod...it felt really solid in the hand. We used an ERA and an Ody on it and it was quite the experience. I ordered 2 from him which he expects to arrive in 3-4 weeks.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I just grabbed one for pre-order (to be shipped by Feb 5th), FLAT TOP (I was waiting for this one) for $52 bucks shipped. Wont mention vendor in this thread but is for all to see at vaporjoes.com (man, that sire is becoming addictive)

I hope it's as good as it seems to be, I was looking for a cheap, decent quality device I can run my .9 to 1.1 omhs phoenix. I was about to grab a Bolt but read about problems with the switch and the thin gauge wire. I dont see why I have to go modding something new - modding a new mod! - (although, I have a new provari and another where I put its internals in a wood box)

I'm new to mechanicals though, if anyone could tell me what the best batteries for these are that would be superb. I have a bunch of AW IMR 18650 & 18490 but from what I get I should be buying some protected ones, right?

what troubles me now is that an IMR fresh of a charger goes at 4.2V, if I use a .8 ohm that's 5.2A!!! (ouch!). Is this safe at all?

again, noob, to unprotected devices

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I just grabbed one for pre-order (to be shipped by Feb 5th), FLAT TOP (I was waiting for this one) for $52 bucks shipped. Wont mention vendor in this thread but is for all to see at vaporjoes.com (man, that sire is becoming addictive)

either the flat is out of stock and not listed or you need to check your order again. all they show is a slant top.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Trasher:

it's not from the first vendor, go to the previous posts. someone here mentioned the vendor too on page 3 of the thread, I just dont know if it's good etiquette to do so. This is for PRE-ORDER, ship Feb by 5

from my receipt:

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
6024 New! The Natural (FLAT TOP) by Smoktech - Preorder
1 $78.99 $78.99
DSC-22 40 Percent Off!
1 -$31.60 -$31.60

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Trasher:

it's not from the first vendor, go to the previous posts. someone here mentioned the vendor too on page 3 of the thread, I just dont know if it's good etiquette to do so. This is for PRE-ORDER, ship Feb by 5

from my receipt:

Code Item Qty Price Grand Total
6024 New! The Natural (FLAT TOP) by Smoktech - Preorder
1 $78.99 $78.99
DSC-22 40 Percent Off!
1 -$31.60 -$31.60

all im saying is i followed what you said i went to VJ clicked his preorder link to the vendor and the only device they show on the website for PREORDER is a slant top. so i was just trying to clarify if this is the vendor they either pulled the listing for the flat top or have the wrong picture up. nothing more.
Wont mention vendor in this thread but is for all to see at vaporjoes.com

you never said this wasnt the vendor that you got it from. so I took it this is the link you were referring to, as you werent very clear this was just for a reference picture. the one he is listing links to a slant top. so my bad i guess.

Last edited:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Vaporjoes is not a vendor trasher. He just gathers vaping stuff
that is on sale every day and posts it on his site

Heck with it: exhalevapors.com ( with S at the end). Someone seems to have already put another site without it

Not affiliated, im on my second order there, new vendor, but the guy is nice and fast when answering my emails

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
anyone know how well the button assembly is put together? wondering since i saw the review of how thin the tubing is, just want to see if you all think this MOD will last a fair amount of time/abuse. I am looking for something with the LEAST amount of parts to fail/break/degrade over time.

Would also like to know this.

thecatanddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Earth
it has a .36v loss in in voltage under load. that's not horrible, but man that's a decent amount. I may just stick with some higher end mechanicals, as a 3.7v battery would read 3.34...that's a large amount considering some other mods that use brass contacts can be had for $100 or so (one just came out and is on sale) and i do believe the loss would be way less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread