SmokTech The Natural - New mechanical device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings; I'm looking to get my first mech mod, and the natural is a model recommended to me by someone i trust at a vape shop.

Judging by the volume of posts, it seems like people generally prefer this version of the natural (i.e. with separate tubes) as opposed to the telescoping version. Can someone tell me why that is? Is there any great difference between the two, other than the 'look?'

Also, for this fixed-length version, is there any way of using an 18350 with a Kick?

Regards
Glenn

Edit: Maybe i should put this up in a separate post

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Greetings; I'm looking to get my first mech mod, and the natural is a model recommended to me by someone i trust at a vape shop.

Judging by the volume of posts, it seems like people generally prefer this version of the natural (i.e. with separate tubes) as opposed to the telescoping version. Can someone tell me why that is? Is there any great difference between the two, other than the 'look?'

Also, for this fixed-length version, is there any way of using an 18350 with a Kick?

Regards
Glenn

Edit: Maybe i should put this up in a separate post

I have enjoyed mine. I purchased it the first week they came out. The telescopic version never went over too well. It wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as the this version. I believe this version, the conductivity was better as well. I'm sure you read in this thread that there was a little modding to do to it to make it as good as it is. The 510 positive pin needed to be sanded down as well as the switch pin in the bottom of the device. It is just sanding off the plating to expose the brass parts. I also sanded down the top of the 510 connector to get my RBA/RDA's to sit flush. Both mods were very easy to do. Only took about 15 minutes total and improved the device a great deal. As to the 18350/kick, it won't work in that configuration unless you buy the additional 18500 tube for it. It will work in 18500 w/ kick though using the 18650 extension tube. I have never had a need to use the kick on mine since I only have used RBA/RDA's on it. Too many of the mechanical's coming out lately cost more money to mod in the way of springs, magnets, and such. There were no additional purchases I had to make to mod my Natural at all. I think it would be a good starting place for you.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
@ muzichead Mine came with a 18500 tube and a 18650 tube. (18350 tube + 18500 tube=18650 mode)

@ Glenn K I would get a HCigar Nemesis clone unless you want the side button.

Where did you buy yours from? I know @ the time I ordered mine, everyone's descriptions read that it would work with all 3 battery type's, but after they hit circulation it was found that the 18500 would only work with the 18650 tube and a kick installed. As far as I know, Gotvapes and Exhale Vapors are the only places to get the 18500 tube and was an additional cost. Have you ever tried an 18500 in yours? I think you will find what everyone else, (including myself), found out, it was 18350 or 18650 only...

GoodInk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2013
Whiteman AFB, MO
Where did you buy yours from? I know @ the time I ordered mine, everyone's descriptions read that it would work with all 3 battery type's, but after they hit circulation it was found that the 18500 would only work with the 18650 tube and a kick installed. As far as I know, Gotvapes and Exhale Vapors are the only places to get the 18500 tube and was an additional cost. Have you ever tried an 18500 in yours? I think you will find what everyone else, (including myself), found out, it was 18350 or 18650 only...

Never tried, I only have 18350 & 18650 bats. I was going off the description, I thought it was like most mods like this that the two tubes were 18350 & 18500 tubes and you would use both for 18650.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You will be just as disappointed as the rest of us were... The original description said it worked with all 3 batteries, because that is what SmokTech released to the vendors, but within a few days after release they had to change the description as it was only 18650/18350... I don't think I would've purchased mine if I had know it didn't work in 18490 mode. That was the reason I bought it originally, but in hindsight, I do use it daily and it is a good APV after a little modification...

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
@ Glenn K I would get a HCigar Nemesis clone unless you want the side button.

Excellent call Goodink, I decided to go with an Nemesis clone (HCigar), and i'm really happy with it. I decided against a Natural because I didn't want to have to mess with my first mod to get it working as well as it could. The Nemmy was plug-and-play perfect.

I do have one complaint, namely how the HCigar-Nemesis logos look identical to the original -- as one vape reviewer put it, this HCigar Nemmy is more counterfeit than clone. I appreciate how Smoktech has come up with a unique design of its own for the Natural, rather than simply copy a high end mod. (I'm not trying to moralize btw, I don't care what other people do with respect to intellectual property rights and personal buying decisions -- I'm just saying that if I had known how closely HCigar copied the original, I would have bought something else instead. But it is a great vape :thumb:)

Regards
Glenn

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Vape mail today.... Ordered an 18500 tube for my Natural so now my 18490's are no longer lonely... Oh yeah... The only thing missing now is the hybrid kit I ordered for it. That will be here on Monday, hopefully... I already liked the 18350 mode it offered and now I will have it in 18490/hybrid mode and gained no height at all... Sweet... I'll post a pic after I get the hybrid kit on it.

Almost forgot, I ordered 1 tube but the vendor screwed up and sent me 2 of them... I guess I either have a spare or need to buy another device to use it with... Decisions, decisions....

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I won one on FB from Vapor Logic Boutique

I currently have a 18500 in it with a kick at 8 watts, running an AGA-T2, vapes VERY VERY good

1st ever attempt at an RBA build was 32ga 5-6 wraps at 3.0Ω. Next build on the AGA-T2 was twisted 32gauge kanthal at 5-6 wraps and 1.9-2.0Ω, current build which will be going back to 32gauge is 30gauge twisted at 8-9 wraps at 2.0Ω...still hits well but with all that wire takes a second to heat up

Here is my absolutely LOUSY picture with crooked drip tip..uggh
thenaturalmechmodb_zpsb6b8da4f-1.jpg

1st ever attempted build with the AGA-T2
firsteverbuild_zps26b83a45.jpg

This is what it SHOULD look like!
1461728_10200713790757745_437823612_n.jpg

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Sorry I meant the hybrid kit.

It is a NAT-1 kit. They don't sell the kit anymore, but I think they might have a couple left from when they did. I originally ordered the FM-201 but was too small for the Natural and then contacted them about it and he has sent me out the one I need. Contact Todd and ask him if they have anymore...
Fusions Mods

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Got my Nat-1 kit in from Fusionsmods today... Looks good, was easy to set up, and is hitting even better now. I can't believe how small it is now in 18350 mode... Very happy with this. I can't believe I never knew about this kit. Here are the before and after pics....
20131103_083443.jpg 20131218_155441.jpg
More before and after pics next to my Ikarus 2.1 hybrid clone...
20131121_203506.jpg 20131219_081045.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread