Status
Not open for further replies.

jralabate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
www.about.me
Is the nail held fast or is it loose? I may check this one out. I was just trying to think how I would get my wick closer to the intake hole (maybe we should call it the carb?).

I assume that dot of silver is a closing off the old intake hole? Is it smooth? Maybe I should do something like this, to keep the juice from running down out the carb.

Just a thought but if you can take out the posts all the way, why not put a spring, like the ones they use in electronics kits, so you could just bend the spring, load in a new coil and go. Would allow for all kinds of flexibility in coil placement.

I will have to look into this after I get a batch of juice done.

So it does not have a solid center post its a two part post with a wire to connect the two. I put the nail in the bottom part where the air hole is. And that closed off the air flow. I did not plug the air hole on top but I will. This is just my first shot at moding this tank. I need to get more tho.

Sent from my NS4G powered by AOKP ICS

Ok, I have been using my tank for a few days now and I noticed little bits of the SS mesh are breaking off and are cluttering up the inside of my tank.

I am curious to know if anyone else has noticed this or if it is just me. I carry my tank around it it may get treated a bit rough in my pocket sometimes. Im using 370 mesh.

Is there anything I can do to stop this, should I be worried that little bits are getting inhaled (can't imagine that would be good), do you have this problem with your SS mesh?

Maybe I oxidized it too much and it is brittle? Not sure about this, but maybe I will try a cotton or bamboo wick if my treatment of the tank is too rough for SS (can't treat it much better and expect to get any real use from it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread