Smoktech VMax - Price Point Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObsceneJesster

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2012
Baltimore
I would like a metal clicky button, yes. And only if you got a can of spray paint does the vmax come in gold.

They would most likely have to redesign how the mod works in order to incorporate a clicky metal button. They use a clear plastic button for a reason. The fire light and low battery indicator are beneath the button. If it isn't clear, you can't see it. Maybe in V3, they will move the indicator light somewhere else but I don't see it happening in version 2.

I don't mean to be nosey but why care about a Gold Provari and not a Gold Vmax? They look damn near identical in silver or black so I'm sure they will look damn near identical in gold plate.

LookMa`NoSmoK

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2012
Vaporfornia
They would most likely have to redesign how the mod works in order to incorporate a clicky metal button. They use a clear plastic button for a reason. The fire light and low battery indicator are beneath the button. If it isn't clear, you can't see it. Maybe in V3, they will move the indicator light somewhere else but I don't see it happening in version 2.

I don't mean to be nosey but why care about a Gold Provari and not a Gold Vmax? They look damn near identical in silver or black so I'm sure they will look damn near identical in gold plate.

I don't care about a 24k gold vmax because I can't buy one, let alone buy one with a 2 year warranty, let alone here in the states.

lassep

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 30, 2012
Denmark
www.badlandseliquid.com
I agree we just have to wait and see how it holds up

I got two straight from the factory.

1 was sold, the other one died within 3 weeks.

Major button malfunction, it just would not fire or click.

it gradually got harder to activate the button over the weekend and yesterday it just went.. cya later ....ers!

and now i have got a nice $128 wall decoration that i don´t even think is that nice anyway.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York

it gradually got harder to activate the button over the weekend and yesterday it just went.. cya later ....ers!

and now i have got a nice $128 wall decoration that i don´t even think is that nice anyway.

Could be you have/had a protype. General thought around here smok went back to drawing board and made a few changes. Most orders paid for weeks ago have not shipped to venders yet

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut

Lassep - since you're plastering that all over the place, I figured I'd do the same with this:

Having a problem here, and wondering if you can help me out. Just a couple of things that don't sufficiently satisfy my curiosity. Here's the source of my dissatisfaction:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ech-vmax-price-point-wrong-3.html#post6036182

Some civil, yet pointed questions:

How did you "get two from the factory", when the minimum order is 50. If they were for evaluation purposes, do you know that they are the exact same as what is being shipped out now? And what color/finish are they, please?

If you got them from the factory, can you understand my confusion when you refer to it as a "$128 dollar wall decoration?" And would you be willing to eliminate that confusion by emailing me a copy of any paperwork you might have on the transaction?

And lastly, if you didn't have a complaint about the button, would you really be of the opinion "i dont even think is that nice anyway?" I think that almost all of us with still-functioning buttons, and Phil Busardo himself, think that it's actually "pretty nice", to which I would add, "at the very least".

Lastly, I would like to buy your broken VMax from you. Please email me with a price for your wall art, including shipping to Connecticut, USA, zip code 06070. Do you take Paypal?

TIA for your help and consideration.

Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Title says it all, this mod has the potential of being the hottest device on the market, but Smoktech is making vendors sell for $128. Many vendors have been put off by this as they're unable to compete and potentially not sell off their batch. To me this will hurt this mod. If this mod was in the $80 price range sales would be outrageous. Personally, out of the 30+ people I've converted this was near their price point for making the switch to vaping. As a hobbiest myself why would I spend nearly $130 when I could throw down a little more for a Provari or for half the price get two of the new Lavatubes once they arrive? Just a shame as from all of the reviews from trusted friends this mod rocks!

They should have down 99 for the kit. I have been really interested in the device but the price point is off. I wonder how long before it is reasonable. Or if someone is selling 99 buck kits already please give me the link.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Another has been started and will depend on whether or not they can get another 60 participants to complete it.

[URL removed]

Errol

We are not supposed to provide hot-button links to this, if I understand [name of moderator redacted] correctly. Trying to get clarification. In the meantime, I'm about to edit my post to remove the hot link. Do as you will.

Last edited:

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last edited:

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Yep, Nu-Vapor forum. Run by the same guy . $64 each. I bumped my order to three
Ya I don't think it is worth setting up an account at a desolate forum and dealing with some guy that can just take our money and disappear especially when prices for kits will be hopefully around that price in a couple of months. I mean after buying batteries and a charger that works with them. Am I wrong? I already have a trust fire TR 1003-P4. Will those batteries work with it or do I have to get a new charger?

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
The same could happen here or anywhere? Desolate forum? you must be joking right??

Ya I don't think it is worth setting up an account at a desolate forum and dealing with some guy that can just take our money and disappear especially when prices for kits will be hopefully around that price in a couple of months. I mean after buying batteries and a charger that works with them. Am I wrong? I already have a trust fire TR 1003-P4. Will those batteries work with it or do I have to get a new charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread