Smokys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-dub925

Jul 10, 2011
Texas
Just got my smokymizers and they're not bad, not great either. I lose a little flavor from one of my juices and gained some from another. TH seems to be a lot better, and vapor production is so so. My main concern is the build up of condensation at the top of the smoky, it looks like it might start running down the air tube. Its not really that big of deal I guess. I would like to see what the forum thinks about the smokymizer, so lets hear it folks!

:vapor:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Just got my smokymizers and they're not bad, not great either. I lose a little flavor from one of my juices and gained some from another. TH seems to be a lot better, and vapor production is so so. My main concern is the build up of condensation at the top of the smoky, it looks like it might start running down the air tube. Its not really that big of deal I guess. I would like to see what the forum thinks about the smokymizer, so lets hear it folks!

:vapor:

There's a pretty good thread about them going on here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/214647-new-ce-3-smokymizers.html

So far the juice condensation hasn't been an issue. It probably does run down the tube as the inside top has a slight funnel shape. The only issue I get from that is it makes that little plug slippery and hard to remove when there's juice in there. Cleaning with a tissue solves that problem though.

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
Hi g-dub925 I have heard of this but I haven't used or seen one. Can you post a pic?
Oops!! ok, I know what they are I think:facepalm: It's basically a G4 right? I have used a few but wasn't a fan of them. A parallel coil at the bottom like the CE's and tank above right?....they the same?

permafrying

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
montrose co
Oops!! ok, I know what they are I think:facepalm: It's basically a G4 right? I have used a few but wasn't a fan of them. A parallel coil at the bottom like the CE's and tank above right?....they the same?

waaay better then the g4, i tried the g4 when they popped up at lf and hated em, barely any throat hit or vapor and horrible wicking, the smokeymizer runs great all day and has a pretty good throat hit and decent vapor, have started using them over dual coils

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com

Kind of. Same concept, the wick design and internal housing is different. I did a review with pics including tear down pics of the internal workings. CE3 Smokymizer cartomizer - Impressions

DM

Sir Vapes A Lot
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Where I usually am
waaay better then the g4, i tried the g4 when they popped up at lf and hated em, barely any throat hit or vapor and horrible wicking, the smokeymizer runs great all day and has a pretty good throat hit and decent vapor, have started using them over dual coils
Thanks you guys:) I will have to give them a try
110gihl.jpg

g-dub925

Jul 10, 2011
Texas
Awesome review, StotheK. I also wanted to mention that i bought these from Totally Wicked (mistake, I know) this is what Totally Wicked states that a 5 pack of smokys comes with:

Each pack contains:

5 x CE3 XL Smokymizers 2.4 – 2.7 Ohms
1 x delrin contoured mouthpiece
1 x pair of tweezers
1 x blunt metal refill needle
1 x maintenance and refilling instruction leaflet

I didn't get the tweezers or the maintenance guide, they did send me an extra rubber stopper, if that counts for anything. I wasn't too upset about the tweezers because I have a pair, but I was really looking forward to the guide so I can properly maintain these things. If anybody knows of a link to a good maintenance guide, could you post it for me?

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
The tweezers are pretty cheap and flimsy, but yeah you were hornswaggled. I basically went for the first place that could ship them, which I thought would be TW, but they got delayed a few days.

The guide isn't that great, a little card that comes in the box, but it's in PDF form on Royal Smoker's site...

You'll find a download link for the guide here (for some reason I can't copy/paste the pdf download link directly) CE3 Smokymizer Also note that they have a little blurb claiming there is a dual coil version of the CE3 in the works. Hmmm :)

Awesome review, StotheK. I also wanted to mention that i bought these from Totally Wicked (mistake, I know) this is what Totally Wicked states that a 5 pack of smokys comes with:

Each pack contains:

5 x CE3 XL Smokymizers 2.4 – 2.7 Ohms
1 x delrin contoured mouthpiece
1 x pair of tweezers
1 x blunt metal refill needle
1 x maintenance and refilling instruction leaflet

I didn't get the tweezers or the maintenance guide, they did send me an extra rubber stopper, if that counts for anything. I wasn't too upset about the tweezers because I have a pair, but I was really looking forward to the guide so I can properly maintain these things. If anybody knows of a link to a good maintenance guide, could you post it for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread