Smpl aesthetics/usage modifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Long story short, may be picking up a smpl mod (would rather a 4 nine due to aesthetics and button curvature but switch problems)

Wondering what kinds of modifications if any, have smpl users done? Aesthetics, saftey, any mods. All info welcome

IF I get one, I will be grinding in my own finger slots similar to the 4 nine

(In light of current trending subjects, I understand the dangers of hybrid type mods ect and understand that I myself am the safety mechanism of any mod. Please spare the "info", I just want discussion on just modifications)

Last edited:
Reactions: MMW

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Any pics or info on how to switch to magnets? Just curious.
No really much to modify. Top venting and magnet vs spring switch. If brass or copper, I'd brush it and/or patina it, not a fan of polished metals.

Was either going for a SS one, or a copper one with thick black plating. I don't like polished mods either.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I wouldn't add magnets.
Especially on a SMPL.

This.
Magnets don't offer any significant advantages vs a well fitted spring, which shouldn't be carrying current on a properly designed, clean mech anyways. If the spring is well fitted it will not add extra friction to the switch throw.
You'd be hard-pressed (no pun intended) to tell the difference between magnets and a good spring in the same mech.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
This.
Magnets don't offer any significant advantages vs a well fitted spring, which shouldn't be carrying current on a properly designed, clean mech anyways. If the spring is well fitted it will not add extra friction to the switch throw.
You'd be hard-pressed (no pun intended) to tell the difference between magnets and a good spring in the same mech.
Sorry, but with the "well-fitted" statement are you referring to being carefull when assembling the switch so there's a little ring of air/space around the springs inside before assembly? I've never known that the spring needed to not touch, at a side, the "thing" it's placed around(since it's "in-circuit" allready by touching the "top/bottom")...

Thanks! :)

Edit: Sorry, you're talking about the throw smothness with the friction/fitment statements I see now... Please disregard my above question :) However, a new one being I don't understand how the spring is not part of the closed circuit always unless insolated out? I do get of course that everything needs to be clean of course...

Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I wouldn't do anything to a SMPL mod. They're perfect just the way they are.
I couldn't agree more :)
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread