Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Welcome to the new "Snails - Response on Threads Part 3 "

Well. the time has come to split into another thread :)
This one will be known as "Snails - Response on Threads Part 3"

Link to the previous (Part 2):
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/lounge/322639-snails-response-threads.html

Welcome to the new "Snails - Response on Threads "

8/10/12
We outgrew our original thread, 150K posts was just lagging us down
Response on threads, started by martha1014 on 1/26/2010
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/outside/65725-response-threads.html
Many friendships were made, crazy and wonderful times.
Joy and sorrow... practical jokes and arguments.
We stuck it out...bonded by ECF !

Please, join us...We aren't done yet !
Everyone is Welcome !
BUT BEWARE : You can never leave... !!

2wgx7ra.jpg

m9nb6e.jpg
35m4fmv.jpg
2j5j3eq.jpg
2qi7cwo.jpg
21es4nb.jpg
347ees0.jpg

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
and the same to you, stony! ;)

btw the boy and dil preparing for another food trip to nyc. they think they got their sushi places down pat ;) but are looking for info on good steak houses ....
I hope the guys have a great time here...good food is easy to find, especially if they are willing to pay for it :D Steak Houses, of course, are pricey by nature...and how a steak is aged and cooked matters. Peter Luger's, of course, is the most imitated and most loved of the Steak Houses. It's not my favorite, but it is the most famous of the "original" Steak Houses. I've heard a little chatter in the last few years that the quality and service have slipped as if PL is resting on laurels, but I have never had a bad steak or service there. I don't go out and eat steak every week either. One of my favorites is The Old Homestead, partially because I like the more casual atmosphere and partially because it is not in midtown. I've always had excellent food there, and no complaints about the service either :) If they are looking for a midtown place, I would go to Del Frisco's. The clientele is more corporate, the restaurant is pretty big and roomy, and the food is excellent. It is a little "New York sleek" in design, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...but I suppose I favor a more welcoming atmosphere. For me, this is more of a "put on a suit and go celebrate" kind of place, if that makes any sense. It doesn't fail to impress family from out of town :D Spark's is on the east side, and it is a relative new comer. The food and service are very very good, and it gets great reviews for both, but it's not my personal cup of tea. I would be remiss if I didn't include it in the suggestions, though. Keen's is another midtown staple that gets great reviews that is not for me. I think steak can be such a personal preference (it's a guy thing??) that it is tough to recommend the "best, most life-changing" place for someone else. What I can say is that they won't get food that sucks at any of these places :) Zagat's might be worth a look, and I'm sure a Google search for some reviews might help narrow down the choices.

A great steak can also be had at thousands of other restaurants...but if they want to have a great steak, and if that's the point of the meal, then I personally would go with a Steak House. I hope that helps more than not :D

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
A great steak can also be had at thousands of other restaurants.

exactly! and i see things haven't change much since i left ;) with all the ''choice'' places somebody got to pay for the rent ;) and that somebody was rarely me when i lived there :D
i'll send them your links :laugh: and hope for the best :D

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
exactly! and i see things haven't change much since i left ;) with all the ''choice'' places somebody got to pay for the rent ;) and that somebody was rarely me when i lived there :D
i'll send them your links :laugh: and hope for the best :D
Yes, well, IMO cooking a great steak is all about execution and not about coming up with something new...so sometimes the established places are tough to dethrone :) Del Frisco's is probably the newest restaurant that I mentioned, but there are a ton of new restaurants opening every month. I may be missing out on the trendiest of places, I wouldn't be surprised...but I'm not so sure I would go to a place with a molecular gastronomy chef for a steak, or one of the giant new restaurants in Times Square built specifically to snag the tourists in (like Guy Fieri's catastrophic disaster) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread