Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
You're off my ignore list Tibs.

The ignore list wouldn't work for me, 'cause of the big red etters saying that someone has posted and giving me the option to see what I'm attempting to ignnore.

(BTW, the list is under 'settings/edit ignore list' , and is in the left hand column)

ditto^^^^^ - never could figure out why somebody would want to be reminded of the agida caused by a poster ;) much easier to just skip over posts that irk me! :laugh:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
but you didn't get a notification other than my copy of what i saw?

yup! no other notification ....................

where's that classy when you need her? :?:
i insist 'ignored' people deserve to know when they were deemed important enough to end up on somebody's 'ignore list' :laugh:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
yup! no other notification ....................

where's that classy when you need her? :?:
i insist 'ignored' people deserve to know when they were deemed important enough to end up on somebody's 'ignore list' :laugh:

oooh! now that would ratchet the tension up another notch. :facepalm:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
IDK if I can 'like' that post CES. :D :lol:
I suppose 'agitator' depends on personal perspective...
I'm probably an agitator to some, they are agitators to me.
However, most of my posts were all 'defensive'. Replies to attacks. Not attacking. Kinda philosophical.

s'okay if you don't 'like' it Atty. It won't hurt my feeling none :cry:

IMO, 'defensive' tends to lead to people poking a little harder....nonchalant and unbothered tends take more wind out of other people's sails...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
s'okay if you don't 'like' it Atty. It won't hurt my feeling none :cry:

IMO, 'defensive' tends to lead to people poking a little harder....nonchalant and unbothered tends take more wind out of other people's sails...

Yeah, it does do that.... ;)
Some things just can't remain uncorrected.
For example....

"Gee CES....I'm so amazed that you think science is all hokum. You shouldn't insult all the scientists like you did in that last post of yours. They should demand an apology of you. That scientific data is important to the case. I don't know how you could say they should all be arrested and re-educated! Wow."

Now of course, anyone that knows you (like us in this thread) would just laugh at that. Knowing you never said it. But if you were making a post in the OUTSIDE, and people otherwise didn't know you (you are just another one of the 100,000 posters to them)...you might want to correct that....
It libels you in the thread......

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
For example....

"Gee CES....I'm so amazed that you think science is all hokum. You shouldn't insult all the scientists like you did in that last post of yours. They should demand an apology of you. That scientific data is important to the case. I don't know how you could say they should all be arrested and re-educated! Wow."

Now of course, anyone that knows you (like us in this thread) would just laugh at that. Knowing you never said it. But if you were making a post in the OUTSIDE, and people otherwise didn't know you (you are just another one of the 100,000 posters to them)...you might want to correct that....

see, atty - that's where you go wrong! :D the proper answer from ces in this case and suited for the outside would be

mea culpa - how could i??????? let me go and fix this right now! :lol: :D :lol:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
For example....

i guess i'll apologize to myself, and BTW, some scientists ARE idiots.

but...really, since the point of many of the posts I've read out there is to twist what someone else says into a "have you stopped beating your wife?" question, there is no answer that will make people change their minds

see, atty - that's where you go wrong! :D the proper answer from ces in this case and suited for the outside would be

mea culpa - how could i??????? let me go and fix this right now! :lol: :D :lol:

see, that's the other problem with the forum. We STILL don't have a good sarcasm font.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
see, that's the other problem with the forum. We STILL don't have a good sarcasm font.

yup - misinterpretation happens very easily on a forum and in the outside they're known for playing dumb and it's done on purpose ;)

that's why i don't post in the outside as a rule, i can't be bothered -

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
only in certain threads do i take the time to get to the bottom of a possible misunderstanding and snails is one of them ;)

case in point - our bear! :D i'm sure, now that bear knows me better and vice versa, those 'mean posts' from the earlier years look different now ;)

and that's been the case with most regulars in this thread - i recall pms with frannie and atty to clarify :D thankfully, by now we know each other so well misunderstandings/misinterpretations happen rarely :laugh:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
only in certain threads do i take the time to get to the bottom of a possible misunderstanding and snails is one of them ;)

case in point - our bear! :D i'm sure, now that bear knows me better and vice versa, those 'mean posts' from the earlier years look different now ;)

and that's been the case with most regulars in this thread - i recall pms with frannie and atty to clarify :D thankfully, by now we know each other so well misunderstandings/misinterpretations happen rarely :laugh:

Yep.

Of course we also have a vested interest (internet friendship) in maintaining communication. I've never enjoyed games that involve deliberately misunderstanding someone just to make a point. (I'm just a timid soul with a very low rating on the witch meter ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread