Snails - Response on Threads Part 8

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
And a pleasant Friday to all!

!!! Marone !!!

Even the simplest of things ...

Bathmat: Ordered "beige". I'm not sure what this is, but it's not beige. It's not even
on the palette of available colors in the Amazon listing. It's almost that sickly light lime
color that things are which glow in the dark. But, it doesn't glow (I did check because,
who knows). Well, it's ONLY a bathmat, I suppose. Nice to have things kind of
coordinated, though.

Over-The-Door Guest Towel Rack: The old one was pretty flat. This one flares out at the
bottom, so now the bathroom door does not open as far as it did. 3" less room, and I
know we'll be walking into the doorknob after DECADES of the "usual space". When I feel
adventurous, I'll take it to the basement and use a vise to bend the bottom to a flatter
profile.

Shower Curtain/Liner Rod: The old one had 3.5" end caps. This one has 2". Problem is,
wallpaper. The color of the paper has changed a lot over the years, so the new caps
let a 3/4" ring of original color show. Old caps back on (brushed bronze), new rod
(chrome) installed. I will have to look for JUST the end caps in the proper size.

What's next? Locusts? Boils? Pestilence? Frogs?

Last edited:

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
or it's gonna bug you from now till doomsday, no? :?:
Bathmat: I can deal with it if the curtain/liner is pulled shut.
Towel Rack: Gonna try the vise thing.
Rod FLANGES (that's the keyword): Looking. Will find. Have seen some (but not 3.5").

I'm OK.

Not apoplectic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread