Snickerdoodle DIY Recipe please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DezRo

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2012
Seattle
Well, it's not so much a recipe as it is a suggestion for which 2 flavors to combine (and at what ratio). You know?
Strength is up to you. Try 10% total flavor and tweak it from there. I used roughly 15% just because it made 2:1 mixing easier to do on the fly.
Catalan Cream is a handy one because it is like 5 flavors/ingredients in one, but it's still light and not overwhelming.
I feel like if I tried to make my own catalan cream using the appropriate precursor flavors it would come out tasting jumbled and busy, like the individual flavors are competing for your taste buds instead of cooperating as one homogeneous flavor.

As it is now, "Catalan Cookie" has a real nice bready, crumby taste, with just enough creaminess.
If it's too dry, try adding a tiny amount of marshmallow or sweet cream or something.
Would like to see this flavor evolve. Play with it and be sure to post what you find.

alexhaj

Jul 3, 2011
Canada
Hi guys, I am a new DIYer and wanted to try making my own snickerdoodle but when I saw your Catalan Cookie recipe I could not resist. Now in the process of making it I have a couple questions if you don't mind. What PG/VG ratio are you using Dez and BostonBoxers? Also are FlavorArt Cookie and Catalan cream dissolved in PG? And what nicotine level are you two using? Also do you add any water? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread