Snow wolf v1 rda building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekins92

Dec 21, 2015
Hi vapers! I need help!

Ive been vaping for a fair few years now but always tanks, im currently using a crown tank with there .25 coils, i really want to get onto rdas but im struggling with the best builds and what wire to use kanthel or ni and what to build down to i currently have 22,24 and 26g kanthel but havnt attempted anything yet as i dont want to bust my batteries. Really appriciate the help in advance
Ben

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Brand efest and discharge is 35a
Efest (as well as many other rewrap resellers) is notorious for printing the PDR (pulse discharge rating) on their batteries. The actual CDR (as tested by @Mooch (one of ECF's battery experts) is 15A. Efest 35A 2900mAh 18650 Bench Test Results...only a 15A+ battery

Here are some of his blog links I often post for others.
If you use you efest batteries in your Snowwolf, keep your wattage at 75 watts or below.

Also, the batteries need to be married.
  • Keep in pairs, use in pairs, charge in pairs
  • Mark them 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B etc.
  • Rotate them on the charger. (i.e. 1st time -- 1A goes in slot 1, 1B goes in slot 2; 2nd time -- 1A goes in slot 2, 1B goes in slot 1)
  • Rotate their position in your box mod as well

Reactions: Mooch

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
More on Batteries

There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. So, in order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

* (AW is Andrew Wan, a former Panasonic employee who branched out to create his own "brand" of batteries. He allegedly has agreements with the major cell manufacturers to purchase first tier batteries from them. Not all batteries are created equal, so AW tests these batteries for quality. The best get chosen to be AW brand, and are re-wrapped as AW.)

Efest, MOJO, AWT, Basen, Eizfan, IMRen, Sub-ohm Cell, Vamped, Vappower are all re-wrap resellers that are buying these "second and/or third tier cells" (sometime referred to as "B & C bin discards"). They print the "pulse discharge rating" on the label and pass it off as their CDR (continuous discharge rating). They often charge double what the authentic is worth. Unless you know what you are getting, stay away from these brands as you never know what is under the wrapper.
Batteries - Where to Buy

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

Ekins92

Dec 21, 2015
More on Batteries

There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sony.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. So, in order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

* (AW is Andrew Wan, a former Panasonic employee who branched out to create his own "brand" of batteries. He allegedly has agreements with the major cell manufacturers to purchase first tier batteries from them. Not all batteries are created equal, so AW tests these batteries for quality. The best get chosen to be AW brand, and are re-wrapped as AW.)

Efest, MOJO, AWT, Basen, Eizfan, IMRen, Sub-ohm Cell, Vamped, Vappower are all re-wrap resellers that are buying these "second and/or third tier cells" (sometime referred to as "B & C bin discards"). They print the "pulse discharge rating" on the label and pass it off as their CDR (continuous discharge rating). They often charge double what the authentic is worth. Unless you know what you are getting, stay away from these brands as you never know what is under the wrapper.
Batteries - Where to Buy

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.
I do have a pair of samsungs too but it doesnt have the cdr printed on the battery itself but is certified by joytech

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Wow i never realised that! I appreciate this! What batteries do you recommend to vape at high watts with my mod
A pair of LG HG2's, Sony VTC5's or Samsung 25R's would be OK up to about 130W or so.
Up to about 150W the Sony VTC4's would be good.
Over 150W I would use the LG HB6's.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I do have a pair of samsungs too but it doesnt have the cdr printed on the battery itself but is certified by joytech
Does it have any other printing on the wrapper like below?

upload_2015-12-21_17-18-51.jpeg

Ekins92

Dec 21, 2015

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I would use Sony VTC4s in that mod. That's what I use in my V1. If you were usually going to vape at or under 100 watts, then Samsung 25Rs would be a good choice. As to a build, it's going to depend on what RDA you're using than the mod. What do you have your eye on?

Ekins92

Dec 21, 2015
I would use Sony VTC4s in that mod. That's what I use in my V1. If you were usually going to vape at or under 100 watts, then Samsung 25Rs would be a good choice. As to a build, it's going to depend on what RDA you're using than the mod. What do you have your eye on?
I have a mutation x v3 at thein but its a struggle getting anything thats not a clone in the uk

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I have never built one so I can't offer you a good build on a Mutation. I will observe the quality of clones varies. Some of them are quite good (think Tobeco) and others are junk. I have a clone Plume Veil, Vector and Dark Horse; and I have authentic Aris Pro, Sapor, and Mini Freakshow. I vape them all, and all of them vape well.

Reactions: Ekins92

Ekins92

Dec 21, 2015
I have never built one so I can't offer you a good build on a Mutation. I will observe the quality of clones varies. Some of them are quite good (think Tobeco) and others are junk. I have a clone Plume Veil, Vector and Dark Horse; and I have authentic Aris Pro, Sapor, and Mini Freakshow. I vape them all, and all of them vape well.
What would you recommend for the sapor as i could pick one up tomorrow?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
You'll love it, it's currently my favorite dripper. It can be built in the .7-1.0 range for superior flavor, or .3ish-.6 for merely great flavor and cloud. Right now mine is built 5/4 wrap, 3mm mandrel, twisted 30ga Kanthal, .32 ohms; and it's making 15 amps/55 watts on a mech. If you're going to put it on a SW, I think I would recommend some large, hairy Claptons and more watts for cloud. Or build it down and vape it 15-25 watts for flavor that will make your eyes water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread