hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I guess one thing in the back of my mind about mrsnuff is that they recently had shipping issues. I don't know if it was their fault or not though. I think my last order from snuffstoreuk took about six days. I ordered yesterday and had an email shipping confirmation this morning but they don't give tracking numbers. It is shipped royal air mail. I don't know how they get away with shipping airmail which is transferred to usps.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
    Nov 1, 2010
    Fallbrook, CA
    I guess one thing in the back of my mind about mrsnuff is that they recently had shipping issues. I don't know if it was their fault or not though. I think my last order from snuffstoreuk took about six days. I ordered yesterday and had an email shipping confirmation this morning but they don't give tracking numbers. It is shipped royal air mail. I don't know how they get away with shipping airmail which is transferred to usps.

I'll give them a try, they have a nice selection. By the way, I've been snuffing some Ozona Orange which I got in a trade recently. I love this stuff, it actually clears my sinuses. Problem is, I'm running low and don't know where to find more. Both snuffstore and Mr. Snuff don't carry it. In case it's been discontinued, can you recommend something similar? I really like the citrus element, but it doesn't necessarily have to be orange.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I haven't had the ozona orange but I would assume that it is a menthol. I have been mixing WoS tangerine with some toque menthol to get that same effect. I do believe that the ozona has been discontinued but am not sure. I also picked up some tangerine essential oil to give my WoS an extra citrus kick. I have some new lemon scented ones on the way and think at least one of them is mentholated so I can let you know if you want after I get those.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    :banana::banana::banana: Time for the snuff happy dance. I just got my order from snuffstoreuk. It was shipped on the 17th and arrived today. Not bad shipping time at all. I immediately broke open the hedges L260. I had heard horror stories about how strong the menthol was in this one so I took only about half of what I normally would. I took it about ten minutes ago and it is just now subsiding a little bit. At first it seemed like the menthol was getting stronger as time went by. I'm not really picking up much of a scent besides the menthol. It's a dark snuff with probably a medium moisture level and kind of fine ground. I like it. It may take me a few days to get thru all of the new ones. Also the nic level seems like it's probably medium to high and after eleven minutes, the menthol is still there. Here's a copy of my order

1 x McChrystal's Original And Genuine Snuff Large Tin () = £2.37
    1 x McChrystal's Mild Lemon Snuff () = £1.58
    1 x Dry Orange Snuff Kendal () = £1.45
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck (Extra Strong SP) Snuff () = £1.40
    1 x McChrystal's Raspberry Snuff () = £1.22
    1 x Red Bull Snuff () = £1.65
    1 x Wilsons Best SP Snuff () = £1.40
    1 x Wilsons Lemon Grove Snuff () = £1.40
    1 x Wilsons Lemon Toast Snuff () = £1.40
    1 x Wilsons Thyme & Lemon Snuff () = £1.40
    1 x Hedges Snuff L260 'The Snuff' () = £3.35
    1 x Fribourg & Treyer High Dry Toast Snuff () = £3.15

I have a bunch of lemon grove already but wanted some fresh so that's why I got the small tin. I think the F&T will be next to try.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    :banana::banana::banana::banana: That's great Hitt. A lot of citrus and menthol. I'm interested to hear you''re take on the best SP. It's one of my favorites. Have you ever tried WoS Irish High Toast #22? I think the F&T is the same. At least it is to me,and since Wilson's makes it, it makes sense.

I'm looking forward to a you're reviews on all of them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Skrymr I think you are right about the F&T. I do have some of the #22 and the two are very similar. The F&T seems a little smokier to me but that might be because my #22 is a little old. I also tried the McChrystals mild lemon. It is a good snuff. It comes in a tap box which I like. It's not very moist so it pours easy. It is a fine grind but not as fine as a toast. It was easy to take without a brain hit. The lemon scent isn't as strong as the WoS lemon grove but it is still very pleasant. It's a little bit of a different kind of lemon scent from the WoS. I had several pinches of it yesterday. The nic strength I would guess to be somewhere in the light to medium range. The hang time is about average. I forgot to time it but would guess it's around the five to seven minute mark.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    skrymr, your post motivated me to get the best sp out first to try this morning. I could smell the citrus/bergamot as soon as I peeled the green tape off of the tin. I took a couple pinches and do like it. It immediately reminded me of the Irish D.H. toast #20 that WoS makes. If you haven't tried it, you should. I think you would like it. It is a grind between the #22 and this best sp. I wish all snuffs could have about a 20 minute strong hang time. I think that's one reason I like menthols so much is that the hang times are usually really good. I think I'm gonna use the best sp a few more times between now and lunch to try to get a good feel for it and then open one more new one today. My first impression of the best sp is that it is a winner and deserves a place in the snuff stash.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    After lunch I opened the Red Bull by Poschl. Not thinking about the fact that I had not tried this one before, I took a couple of rather large portions of this one. I thought I picked up a scent of something at first but then it was gone and it was straight strong menthol burn. I've had it in for about eight minutes so far and it's still burning pretty good. In case you haven't tried it, it comes in the tap box like the ozona president does. It's a fairly dark snuff with an average moisture content. If you like strong menthols then this might be one to add to your arsenal. I don't know if I've had a menthol besides the hedges that was this strong. It could have something to do with the large portions. I had heard horror stories about the hedges so I was careful to take small pinches with that one.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 5, 2009
    Great reviews Hitt. Best SP is one of my favorites, so I might have to try the toast #20. The red bull sounds pretty hard hitting. I wonder how Wiz likes it. I know he loves Hedges. I need to get some snuff back out to go with my snus again. Lately at night I've been getting some pretty strong cig cravings. How is the thyme and lemon snuff? It sounds interesting.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Skrymr I tried the tom buck too and it seems very similar to the best sp. The citrus seems a little bit fuller than that in the sp. There is also another scent in the background but I'm not sure what it is. My nose doesn't work right some days it seems. The McChrystals raspberry was a big let down. I like other raspberry snuffs and thought this might be a good addition. Not. There is a mild raspberry scent when I first take it and then it disappears almost immediately. I'm talking within a minute or so. The thyme and lemon is good. It seems like lemon grove to me with the thyme scent added. My biggest complaint with any of the citrus or lemon snuffs is that the hang time is too short. I have yet to try the lemon toast but I will most likely open it this morning. I almost forgot, I tried the Gawith Dry Orange. It is a pleasant mild orange scented snuff. I like it. Like the name says, it is a dry snuff that is kind of fine ground but not as fine as a toast. Once again my only complaint is the hang time. That's one thing I like about the tangerine menthol that I made with the essential oil. The hang time is much longer than any other citrus snuff I have bought.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I tried the WoS lemon toast today. No great mysteries here. It is a fine powdery toast with a nice lemon scent. When I opened the can, I could immediately smell the lemon. Like I said it's powdery so a little care needs to be taken when sniffing. It is a combination of scents that I would have never thought to combine. At first I smell the smoky scent of a toast pretty strong and the lemon is not weak but kind of in the background. After the smoky scent weakens some the lemon is still detectable. It is a strange combination but I do like it quite a bit. It has a fairly decent hang time too which is always a plus for me.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Great reviews Hitt. Best SP is one of my favorites, so I might have to try the toast #20. The red bull sounds pretty hard hitting. I wonder how Wiz likes it. I know he loves Hedges. I need to get some snuff back out to go with my snus again. Lately at night I've been getting some pretty strong cig cravings. How is the thyme and lemon snuff? It sounds interesting.
    I agree with Hitt's reviews Skrymr. I do enjoy the Red Bull and Hedges goes without saying. Those two are the hardest hitting menthol snuffs I have. They get a lot of use in the winter time. With the weather changing(at least it's supposed to...brrr),I will have to break out some of my spring/summer snuffs(Chococreme and my sweets/scotches).

Hope everyone here is doing well!
    :)Wiz!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread