Snus Survey in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

antman012

May 12, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Hello all..

We will be conducting a school project on Harm Reduction here in AZ in the not so distant future. To be brief, we(students) will be asking some questions and giving out some info about harm reduction and some of the products like snus that are considered helpful..

In short, We will take a brief survey and you will get free snus.. You will learn what harm reduction is and where you can purchase real snus here in the states and from overseas(even cheaper). If you are in AZ next semester and are over 21 we would love to talk with you about our project..

Some of the free snus you will get are brands from V2, and GN tobacco.(Awesome Companies!!) We are trying to get others on board but as of now will not mention them..

Thanks...

antman012

May 12, 2011
Phoenix AZ
Good luck with your project. Hopefully it will get published and get attention. Haven't seen many (any) from your neck of the woods around here, just people that have been getting AZ type weather lately. Would this be an ASU project?

Hey Thanks..

Published? Not so much but we will get the word out about snus and harm reduction.. Snus is the only thing that helped me quit smoking and I will do everything I can to promote it's use over cigs that I can..

It will be taking place on the campus of ASU(which is Tempe) and we are building a little grassroots website for the promotion of snus. I am not spamming because we sell nothing!! It's just a site where people from AZ can register for updates about our projects in the future.. it's brand new and still totally under construction so don't laugh at it..lol.. Snus Now

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I'd second Hitt's comment. I'd feel a lot better if snus had been available decades ago and the government and ?non-profit?"health" associations had been honest about the relative risks of various tobacco products. In fact, all honesty disappeared when they moved from anti-smoking to anti everything involved with tobacco.

A couple things for you to check out. Rather than stating "The tobacco that is used in Real Swedish Snus is air cured not flu cured which is one of the many things that bring down the high levels of carcinogens typically found in American smokeless tobacco." You might want to change "high" to "higher" and add "and high levels in cigarettes" at the end.

Back in the day, American smokeless was pretty bad, but BT has been working on bringing those levels down in their current offerings. In my mind spitless is a bigger selling feature. When I was smoking, I never would have used ST products regardless of health. The following may give you some insight-

For Smokers Only

Also Elaine Keller put together a presentation for a TPSAC meeting that has tremendous information in it-

http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA_Dissolvables_110722.pdf

Finally, you could open a testimonial/forum area on your web site to allow people to tell their stories. There are two problems in getting people your age to understand the benefits of snus over smoking. First, they've been programmed to believe smokeless is at least as dangerous as smoking and, second, mortality isn't a major concern at this point in their lives. Most feel they could quit whenever they decided to and a few are correct. For many, it could be a life long quest once the habit is ingrained.

Just a few thoughts.

antman012

May 12, 2011
Phoenix AZ
I'd second Hitt's comment. I'd feel a lot better if snus had been available decades ago and the government and ?non-profit?"health" associations had been honest about the relative risks of various tobacco products. In fact, all honesty disappeared when they moved from anti-smoking to anti everything involved with tobacco.

A couple things for you to check out. Rather than stating "The tobacco that is used in Real Swedish Snus is air cured not flu cured which is one of the many things that bring down the high levels of carcinogens typically found in American smokeless tobacco." You might want to change "high" to "higher" and add "and high levels in cigarettes" at the end.

Back in the day, American smokeless was pretty bad, but BT has been working on bringing those levels down in their current offerings. In my mind spitless is a bigger selling feature. When I was smoking, I never would have used ST products regardless of health. The following may give you some insight-

For Smokers Only

Also Elaine Keller put together a presentation for a TPSAC meeting that has tremendous information in it-

Finally, you could open a testimonial/forum area on your web site to allow people to tell their stories. There are two problems in getting people your age to understand the benefits of snus over smoking. First, they've been programmed to believe smokeless is at least as dangerous as smoking and, second, mortality isn't a major concern at this point in their lives. Most feel they could quit whenever they decided to and a few are correct. For many, it could be a life long quest once the habit is ingrained.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks for the input.. Part one of your request is done an I am working on the other...

Thx..

antman012

May 12, 2011
Phoenix AZ

For Smokers Only

Just a few thoughts.

Part two is done as well.. I think? Give it a shot to see if it works..lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread