Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Hey Guys,

Just thought id post another couple of interesting sites you might want to check out, this guy has a blog, i have only just started to read it but from initial impressions it looks like it is and will continue to be a good read on snus... Gink(')s Matter(s) and another forum / shop that i have been told to check out but not really got around too yet is SNUSCentral.Org - Your Source For Everything SNUS

The more i read about Snus the more impatient i get for my order to land on my doorstep lol.

Lee.

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
I did that. Took longer to get to me than a regular order from one of the online vendors, like about 2-3 weeks, and I almost forgot I signed up with Swedish Match to get it, but I have it now.

The sample they sent me includes: General White Portion Wintergreen, General White Portion Mini Mint, General White Portion, and General Original Portion. I haven't opened any of them yet, but I think there are only about 3 or 4 portions in each of the packets, so it amounts to about 12-16 portions total.

So it looks like they are still giving out free samples then, i would advise anybody wanting to try snus then who is not sure enough to put an order in to get a free sample!

I wish they were marketing it here in the UK, i suppose they are testing it out in the USA first.

Cheers Lee.

P.S From reading the rest of your post it seems like they are not taking to the camel snus very well, i wonder if this is the same for all parts of America?

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
P.S From reading the rest of your post it seems like they are not taking to the camel snus very well, i wonder if this is the same for all parts of America?

Yeah. From what I gather, the girl at the convenience store I got mine from had never sold any of it.

She had to ask me if I "really like that stuff?"

After saying that I did, she replied "It's weird."

I think it's hard to justify it to people that are smoking cigarettes. That's how they're being marketed here. They're just freebies when you buy a pack of smokes.

One place was still selling the Marlboro Snus last week. I guess they're just trying to unload their stock. That stuff is god awful.

Small town Texas. We're slow to get anything different.

Boomer

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Lol i just read this Ginks blog and thought it was interesting to us vapers,

This is the ingredients of General Portion Snus

Declaration of Contents: Water, tobacco, Humectants (E 1520), Taste enhancer (common salt), Acidity regulator (E 500), Flavour substances incl. Smoke flavour.

Analytical Data: Water 50%, Nicotine 8 mg/portion, Salt 2,5%

Can you guess what E1520 is????

lol it's Propylene Glycol :)

Mohave

ECF Veteran
One place was still selling the Marlboro Snus last week. I guess they're just trying to unload their stock. That stuff is god awful.
If my neighbor's annoying little pet comes over and sh*ts in my yard one more time, it is possible I might get mean enough to feed one of those things to darling little Fluffy. So far I haven't been able to come up with any other possible use for them. I'm certainly not going to try putting any more of them in my mouth. Wal-Mart has them on sale for sixty-nine cents, in the unlikely event anyone is interested.

Last edited:

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
I got 3 cans of Camel I haven't touched since I got the stuff from Sweden. I just got my Thunder Frosted from Northener today finally. This stuff smells great can't wait to try it.:)
I could smell spearmint as soon as I opened the envelope without the cans even being opened yet. Hope its not to over flavored I like to taste the tobacco also not just flavor.

Mohave

ECF Veteran
Pringles are on sale for $1.49 at a local grocery store. And why would this idiot be posting that here, you may ask? He's gone nuts, maybe from too much Thunder ES roasting his noggin. While there may be some truth in that, the reason I mention it has to do with storage issues Smokingclam brought up a while back.

It turns out 'Pringles Super Stack' containers are just the perfect size for holding all those tins of Swedish snus. Exactly the right diameter, so a roll slides right in there with room for a few more stray cans on top, and it has a snug fitting plastic lid. No more wasted space in bulky awkward plastic containers cluttering up the fridge and freezer, or dried out stale cans of snus smelling of bacon. Plus, for anyone here sharing a home with someone not completely appreciating your enthusiasm for snus, those containers look like something that belongs there, or in a kitchen at least. They are also easy to label.

Only drawback is getting rid of all those annoying tater chips inside the 30 Pringles tubes I just bought. So far the sour cream & onion Pringles seem to go well enough with a portion of Gotland Green, but I'm not yet sure what to snus with the barbecue or jalapeno chips to clear out those tubes.

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Got my Thunder Frosted two days ago and treated it like a roadside explosive device. I mean, I was concerned to pop one of those in my mouth. But there was no massive hit, and the only small problem was a slight frontal lobe headache. The effect lasted about two hours. I didn't e-smoke during that time.

I do think steady use would increase my already high nicotine tolerance, however, so I don't plan on making Thunder a regular order. Once a day .. maybe. The rest of the time I'll stick to 6mg snus.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Got my Thunder Frosted two days ago and treated it like a roadside explosive device. I mean, I was concerned to pop one of those in my mouth. But there was no massive hit, and the only small problem was a slight frontal lobe headache. The effect lasted about two hours. I didn't e-smoke during that time.

I do think steady use would increase my already high nicotine tolerance, however, so I don't plan on making Thunder a regular order. Once a day .. maybe. The rest of the time I'll stick to 6mg snus.

That's what I'm planning on trying out.

Just using it once, probably early. Just for a good kick in the rear.

walkstheplanes

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
South San Francisco
Well, I got my orders from Northerner and Getsnus on Monday. Initially, my reaction was "yuck, how are these guys enjoying these so much?" A few days later, I got used to the sting. The flavors are pretty subtle in them (which I assume that if you do more of them, the flavors will be brought out more to an experienced tongue, much like conventional cigarettes). I still am not sure if I really like them, though. HOWEVER, they are great for when I know I can't e-smoke. I got a carwash today (it rained later tonight, bleh), and before I drove out to the wash, I popped in a Catchdry Mint Vanilla, and it sated me pretty well while waiting for my car to get shined up.

I don't think I'll be stocking up on cans like I see you ladies and gentlemen doing, but I will have a few handy for whenever.

Thanks again, forum, for introducing me to this avenue of nic fixing.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
So how long does a can of snus (snoose?) last? I mean, does a single portion last a good amount of time? I'm wanting to replace my cigarette habit with something that doesn't go into my lungs. I ordered a couple cans from getsnus.com, but I really don't want to run out and have to go back to cigarettes.

Well, in my circumstance, snus couldn't completely replace my cigarette habit.

I use it in tandem with electronic cigarettes.

Each portion of the Camel snus lasts me about an hour (maybe less), but they are fairly weak, dosage-wise.

Many of the Swedish snus portions can last you several hours at a time, and have varying levels of nicotine, based on brand.

If Tropical Bob uses about 6 portions on a rough day, coupled with some pipe smoking and e-cigarattes, expect to use that much or maybe less, as he takes in quite a lot of nicotine a day.

smokingclam

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Punta Gorda, Florida
Well, I got my orders from Northerner and Getsnus on Monday. Initially, my reaction was "yuck, how are these guys enjoying these so much?" A few days later, I got used to the sting. The flavors are pretty subtle in them (which I assume that if you do more of them, the flavors will be brought out more to an experienced tongue, much like conventional cigarettes). I still am not sure if I really like them, though. HOWEVER, they are great for when I know I can't e-smoke. I got a carwash today (it rained later tonight, bleh), and before I drove out to the wash, I popped in a Catchdry Mint Vanilla, and it sated me pretty well while waiting for my car to get shined up.

I don't think I'll be stocking up on cans like I see you ladies and gentlemen doing, but I will have a few handy for whenever.

Thanks again, forum, for introducing me to this avenue of nic fixing.
Give it some time you'll get used to it. The first time I tried a regular General Portion my reaction was " My God this tastes like ...". Now it is one of my regular everyday must haves. Takes a little while to get use to the salt content and such.

Elwin

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Missouri, USA
Well, considering the events taking place in the e-cig world this last week, I'm doubly happy I found out about both swedish snus and nasal snuff. If e-cigs are banned, I really don't think I will try beating the law to continue vaping. Of course, if a miracle were to occur, and we can continue, then, hey - great.

In the mean time, I'm hedging my bets with all the tools at my disposal. Snus, nasal snuff, Stonewall, gum, patch... Whatever it takes to get through another day.

But with the sheer vaviety of snus available, I don't think I'll be bored.

:)

cowgal

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco, TX
edithfrost.com
It turns out 'Pringles Super Stack' containers are just the perfect size for holding all those tins of Swedish snus.

That was a great idea and got me looking around for other container-shapes that might work. Didn't find anything until I saw one of these in our trash can... bf threw it away, I rescued it!

bushmills malt - Google Image Search

Only thing is, it's just cardboard, no foil lining or anything to protect it from dampness. However, it's wide enough around that you can easily pack the snus in ziploc baggies before stacking.

Also, you have to buy the bottle too. ;-) But it's good stuff!

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Give it some time you'll get used to it. The first time I tried a regular General Portion my reaction was " My God this tastes like ...". Now it is one of my regular everyday must haves. Takes a little while to get use to the salt content and such.

This is so true, I now like all of the snus that I bought even the one's that were vile to start with. I now have 12 different types on order from Sweden (fingers crossed that they make it through customs).

I was in Thailand recently and managed to get some of this Thai snus: Swedish snus in Thailand. Buy lsnuff or become distributors. Vikingsnus to your home. Wow, it was very strong tasting and not very pleasant to begin with but now I really love it and I'm mad at myself for not bringing back more.

I'm thinking that I might just give up the e-cigs altogether now and just use snus, being able to just pop one in and forget about it for a few hours is very convenient.

EDIT - And as an aside, for the first time I can truly say that not only don't I need a real cigarette, I don't even want one - I never thought this day would ever come...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread