So confused. I dont wana die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
you are right, but there are no 30 amp 18650s, per mooch.
I believe there are a few 1500 amp 30a cells. Here's one of his older charts.

8e298b7d695e56eade52d80b90115768.jpg

As you can see towards the top left of the 18650's, some of the LG brands are 30A 1500MaH. Also, the Sony VTC3 comes close to 30a.

Reactions: stols001

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
Ok, so you're using Stainless steel which is a non resistant wire, then some Ni-80 is nichrome, which is resistance wire. so just what are your expectations here? Did you know that resistances change on stainless as it gets hotter? Did you know that Nichrome flexes and bends as it gets hotter? the twisting over and under of nichrome and stainless is the dangerous part.

that build is great you say... But as the wire bends and twists... it just takes one time for it to bend the wrong way... and add to the fact you don't wish to learn ohms law... All I have to say, is it's not a safe build. Please do some research. Caveat Emptor to you.

I agree. I only use stainless steel with another wire in claptons. The difference in resistance between the wires could lead to some bad things, like deforming the coil and shorting out.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
I agree. I only use stainless steel with another wire in claptons. The difference in resistance between the wires could lead to some bad things, like deforming the coil and shorting out.

Cool. That's pretty interesting, although I wouldn't run any batteries at their CDR. I like to have a few amps of cushion.

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
I'd really like to see a comparison of the heating of different brands of batteries under load.

Honestly, it seems like that would be the best way to determine which batteries to buy from the batteries that are recommended. I'm sure they're similar in some sense, but it'd be interesting to see.

Too many variables, too, I'm sure.

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
So much conflicting info. most people tell me that the popping is because im not using enough W. you are saying that im heating it up too fast. meh
and LOL they deleted my comment

If you use a lower wattage, the juice won't vaporize until the coil is at the boiling point of the juice. It ramps up to that point gradually.

If you use a higher wattage, the slope of the curve right after the fire button is pressed is much steeper, causing some juice to 'explode'. That's the reason why I am saying that.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Yes, but the board does not read the packaging and diagnose the internals of a battery. Regulated mods still have to abide by ohms law. You could use a 5a battery in a regulated mod with no problems... as long as you vape a wattage low enough to not call for more than 5 amps from the battery. I have used 5amp batteries in my 15W vamo back in the days.... There was no problem with that. But I dare not use a 5a battery in my 75w Eleaf Aster.... Even if I decided to vape only at 15W, there have been times I pushed the button and realized it jumped to 75w in my pocket.

Knowing Ohms law is highly suggested.. whether you use regulated or mechanical. If you do not wish to learn ohms law, get 30A batteries only. To my knowlege, most mods cap the amperage limit at 20 amps.. but if I remember correctly, one had an amperage limit a bit higher.. but I might be wrong on that.

If I've calculated my max battery amperage at 20 amps why would I use a 5 amp battery?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
If I've calculated my max battery amperage at 20 amps why would I use a 5 amp battery?

Now a days, there is no reason. Back then, those 5a batteries held a lot of charge. The Panasonic 18650B's did hold quite a bit of MaH.. even high for it's day. I believe the Itaste SVD used them, and it worked well back with my Vamo V3. for a 15W vaping device, there's no better battery.

However, in a modern device that has 70W capabilities, I'd strongly urge NOT to use it. That is why if you know your mod, know your vaping style, know ohms law, and know your battery, you can have quite a performing device.... if you don't want to have all this knowledge, be safe and use 30A batteries and keep the wattage down to whatever the regulated device wants.

So, you're right, if you've calculated your max battery amperage at 20 amps, then by all means, use a 20A battery. If you're still using a 15W device, then you might get a longer vape life with the Panasonic.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread