So I bought a single 18650 for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
So Quoth the apostle of the unregulated.
Strawman argument, and an obvious fake argument also in addition to that. I never tried to push anyone toward using an unregulated mod, and, the fact I prefer mech mods is based purely on my own personal preferences (after having turned vaping into one of my biggest hobbies), very much unlike all the useless FUD and the various many trolling attempts coming from those who systemically are trying to push every person who is still new to using a mech away from CONSIDERING to use a mech.
Understanding the regulated vs unregulated argument is useful in this case. I’m going to assume you mostly do already. If not you should probably do so. The message of the regulated can be boiled down quite a bit for these purposes: “Please be very very careful”
Not sure what you must be getting at here. If people have any questions about mech safety or about battery safety outside of using a mech, I don't doubt they'll get answers, or if they have any questions about why some people prefer mechs, I don't doubt they'll get answers about that particular subject either.
The twisted mess advice is actually good. Getting more more loosely fluffed cotton into the juice well will also help. Downside of the twisted mess is it has a milled on drip tip that can get hot.
The black drip tip is made from RADEL, a high-temperature plastic with a slightly lower melting point than PEEK.
You may find yourself cleaning a certain amount of baked saliva off the sides.
Even if you do decide to use the metal version of the drip tip, still nobody is forcing you to use the RDA in such a way that the drip tip will get hot, it largely depends on what build you put inside, the positioning of the coils, the airflow adjustment, and the strength and duration of your draw in cohort with how much you chain vape. A friend of mine owns the gold version of this RDA and uses the gold drip tip that came with it, he told me his drip tip doesn't get hot, and he managed to prove his claim, by actually letting me vape on it myself, so...
Also the twisted mess relies hard on its o-rings to keep that well from leaking, so your o-rings need to remain in top condition.
I own dozens upon factual dozens of typical high end authentic RDAs each and every last one of which relies hard on its O-rings.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
OP, you could try the scottish roll wicking method, I hear good things about its ability to hold a lot of juice.

If motor-mouth knuckleboys dulcet tones are not to your liking, just google it for others advice of how to make them.

so far is the best mothod for RDA's, i wanted to belive some years ago when was full RDA's user, then noticed thats the trick for RDA's and people like me that does not like bottom feeders, i tried this on my little TM22 lite, so amazing flavor from this little ......., but to tight for some builds, i love it but i totally should have chossen a 24mm one for bigger size, more cotton, more juice and flava,

i love Scottish rolls with cotton bacon or single cotton pads, always works well!

Regards,

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
so far is the best mothod for RDA's, i wanted to belive some years ago when was full RDA's user, then noticed thats the trick for RDA's and people like me that does not like bottom feeders, i tried this on my little TM22 lite, so amazing flavor from this little ......., but to tight for some builds, i love it but i totally should have chossen a 24mm one for bigger size, more cotton, more juice and flava,

i love Scottish rolls with cotton bacon or single cotton pads, always works well!

Regards,
Of course it works well. It just doesn't work any better than the much simpler wicking method that's described in the video I linked. The only thing I found does work better, at least for me, is to use Cotton Bacon Prime instead of popular-old Japanese cotton pads or instead of any other type of cotton or wicking material, and that I can prepare very similar to how the guy in the video I linked prepares his cotton also, and can roll it into a sausage between the palms of my (clean) hands whilst applying the right amount of moderate pressure evenly.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Of course it works well. It just doesn't work any better than the much simpler wicking method that's described in the video I linked. The only thing I found does work better, at least for me, is to use Cotton Bacon Prime instead of popular-old Japanese cotton pads or instead of any other type of cotton or wicking material, and that I can prepare very similar to how the guy in the video I linked prepares his cotton also, and can roll it into a sausage between the palms of my (clean) hands whilst applying the right amount of moderate pressure evenly.

actually i just use cotton bacon, and rolls with this material are insane, almost 10 hard hits on a mech o regulated without dry hits, amazing lad!

Regards,

Reactions: dripster

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
image.jpg
Strawman argument, and an obvious fake argument also in addition to that. I never tried to push anyone toward using an unregulated mod, and, the fact I prefer mech mods is based purely on my own personal preferences (after having turned vaping into one of my biggest hobbies), very much unlike all the useless FUD and the various many trolling attempts coming from those who systemically are trying to push every person who is still new to using a mech away from CONSIDERING to use a mech.

Not sure what you must be getting at here. If people have any questions about mech safety or about battery safety outside of using a mech, I don't doubt they'll get answers, or if they have any questions about why some people prefer mechs, I don't doubt they'll get answers about that particular subject either.

The black drip tip is made from RADEL, a high-temperature plastic with a slightly lower melting point than PEEK.

Even if you do decide to use the metal version of the drip tip, still nobody is forcing you to use the RDA in such a way that the drip tip will get hot, it largely depends on what build you put inside, the positioning of the coils, the airflow adjustment, and the strength and duration of your draw in cohort with how much you chain vape. A friend of mine owns the gold version of this RDA and uses the gold drip tip that came with it, he told me his drip tip doesn't get hot, and he managed to prove his claim, by actually letting me vape on it myself, so...

I own dozens upon factual dozens of typical high end authentic RDAs each and every last one of which relies hard on its O-rings.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
actually i just use cotton bacon, and rolls with this material are insane, almost 10 hard hits on a mech o regulated without dry hits, amazing lad!

Regards,
I used to use Cotton Bacon 2.0, and, aside from compressing the Cotton Bacon Prime a bit more than the Cotton Bacon 2.0, my wicking technique has essentially remained the same as the one explained in this old video:

Reactions: P3ch3

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I used to use Cotton Bacon 2.0, and, aside from compressing the Cotton Bacon Prime a bit more than the Cotton Bacon 2.0, my wicking technique has essentially remained the same as the one explained in this old video:

i havent tried prime, but the one im using is version 2.0, is almost the original / regular one, that method, is the best you can do for RTA's, on RTA i rather single wicks

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
i havent tried prime, but the one im using is version 2.0, is almost the original / regular one, that method, is the best you can do for RTA's, on RTA i rather single wicks
You really should give the Prime a try IMO.

On my Reload RTAs, I just thin out the tails of the wicks a lot so they don't clog the juice holes, and they never leak because I make sure to fluff them up really well before I insert the tails into the mounds that are above the juice holes and then finally I gently stab the sharp tip of my cotton hook tool vertically all the way down through the wicks at least a dozen times in random locations on either side until the juice holes are completely covered as uniformly as possible. If I look inside the juice holes horizontally from the sides, it looks kind of like a breatheable, thin, see-through cloth along the entire width of the holes so that's when I know I can start to juice it up.

Reactions: P3ch3

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
You really should give the Prime a try IMO.

On my Reload RTAs, I just thin out the tails of the wicks a lot so they don't clog the juice holes, and they never leak because I make sure to fluff them up really well before I insert the tails into the mounds that are above the juice holes and then finally I gently stab the sharp tip of my cotton hook tool vertically all the way down through the wicks at least a dozen times in random locations on either side until the juice holes are completely covered as uniformly as possible. If I look inside the juice holes horizontally from the sides, it looks kind of like a breatheable, thin, see-through cloth along the entire width of the holes so that's when I know I can start to juice it up.
well i do mostly the same with themis RTA and creed, but with creed you might see cottons ends at bottom, so you have to sure they could suck all possible juice, despite the creed could be leaky if you built it we, if you built it as dry as possible wont, i guess is a bug on the desing, maybe o-rings should be stronger or a bit bold there,

i will try prime on next refill, i just have half regular bag and almost done 2 minibags of CB bites (2Grams bag)

Regards,

Reactions: dripster

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
If you can find one,I have a 22mm black widow RDA you can over drip the hell out of because it has top airflow.
They have been discontinued now though,I think? If you can find one ,remove the turbine from the top and the ceramic base inside deck and you have plenty of room for a 6 maybe 7 wrap coil (round wire nothing exotic) .
and you will be able to get about 7-8possibly 9 or 10 hts before dripping again.
I have mine permanently set on top my fuhattan mod.. The flavor is very good too. Just an FYI if you can find one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread