Looking for a single 21700 mech with specific features

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Can't go wrong with the vindicator - though I'd highly recommend the SS version, I got the copper and it patina's like crazy, drives me mental when I get green hands somedays.
In this regard, the guy I'm talking about does professional custom cerakoting too. Pretty much any finish anybody could want. He has on online store and sells custom finished tubes, including the Vindicator 21 and at good prices too.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Yes, the copper patinas like nobody's business lol. I clean mine every 3 or 4 days.
I've been meaning to get the rda/Tube attachment that you can put on your drill chuck to polish. Getting the juice well and switch done though is a chore. Might be time to invest in some more Dremel bits

Reactions: gsmit1

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
I've been meaning to get the RDA/Tube attachment that you can put on your drill chuck to polish. Getting the juice well and switch done though is a chore. Might be time to invest in some more Dremel bits
20190720_160314_cr.jpg

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
THIS stuff is an absolute miracle worker too.
usual routine is to soak in vinegar and then scrub over with brasso before using a polishing cloth. hardest parts are the threads and the switch on the Vindicator, which I put a bit of grease on after cleaning but still.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
usual routine is to soak in vinegar and then scrub over with brasso before using a polishing cloth. hardest parts are the threads and the switch on the Vindicator, which I put a bit of grease on after cleaning but still.
For six bucks you may want to drop by Walmart and pick a tub of that stuff up. Makes cleaning the threads and switch a LOT easier.

I finish it off with a microfiber cloth from Dollar Tree lol.

Reactions: escapetovape

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
For six bucks you may want to drop by Walmart and pick a tub of that stuff up. Makes cleaning the threads and switch a LOT easier.

I finish it off with a microfiber cloth from Dollar Tree lol.
No problems, now do they have any sales on in the next 2-3 months......I want to time it juuuuuuust right :p

Trips.png

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
No problems, now do they have any sales on in the next 2-3 months......I want to time it juuuuuuust right :p

View attachment 835487
Oh good grief LOL! I didn't realize you were over there with the wallabies. They probably ship to Australia though. Seriously, that stuff is great.

Last edited:

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
Oh good grief LOL! I didn't realize you over there with the wallabies. They probably ship to Australia though. Seriously, that stuff is great.
Pretty sure I will find it on Amazon or online :p will be giving it a shot so thank you for the advice.

And yes.....wallabies, but really they're the animals we teach our kids to fight with, when you get to 16 we have a coming of age ritual where you have to let a dog loose on a kangaroo, then box it because they try to have a go at the dog and we still believe in Casus Belli. Afterwards we celebrate with Bundy Rum torpedos (because Queenslanders are Banana Benders).

That last part was a fond memory of my time in the states......sooo many times in the Southern states I'd be asked about drop bears and kangaroos. So naturally I'd embellish pretty much anything for ....s and giggles.......the Bundy Rum torpedos are true though, Queenslanders in particular have a fondness for that stuff.

• Winner

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Pretty sure I will find it on Amazon or online :p will be giving it a shot so thank you for the advice.
You'll love it. A piece the size of half your thumb will clean the whole mod.
And yes.....wallabies, but really they're the animals we teach our kids to fight with, when you get to 16 we have a coming of age ritual where you have to let a dog loose on a kangaroo, then box it because they try to have a go at the dog and we still believe in Casus Belli. Afterwards we celebrate with Bundy Rum torpedos (because Queenslanders are Banana Benders).

That last part was a fond memory of my time in the states......sooo many times in the Southern states I'd be asked about drop bears and kangaroos. So naturally I'd embellish pretty much anything for ....s and giggles.......the Bundy Rum torpedos are true though, Queenslanders in particular have a fondness for that stuff.
It's interesting to hear experiences from folks in other parts of the world. We are all so different and yet exactly the same. :)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
wonder if I should get those Artvesian(?) Daedelus kits to make myself some framed staples and aliens....*thinking*
The Avidartisan Daedalus is great for making claptons and fused claptons. Framed staples are tougher but not bad. Not so good with aliens. It stretches the wrap wire too tight. I have one myself and I'd say it's definitely worth the money. I need to get the updated sled though.

• Useful
Reactions: escapetovape

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
The Avidartisan Daedalus is great for making claptons and fused claptons. Framed staples are tougher but not bad. Not so good with aliens. It stretches the wrap wire too tight. I have one myself and I'd say it's definitely worth the money. I need to get the updated sled though.
I've wanted one for a while now, just couldn't bring myself to go through the learning process.

Framed staples are tougher but not bad. Not so good with aliens. It stretches the wrap wire too tight.

I just HAD to like the coils that would pose the hardest for it :p My luck seems to run true (always seem to find/like/want the stuff that is either the most difficult to obtain or trickiest to make) :p

Reactions: Don29palms

rottev

Aug 16, 2019
Yeah, what is your country. No promises, but I might know somebody who can hook you up. Maybe. Great guy and a true expert who is in this business.

If you don't mind me asking - where abouts in the world are you based?

I'm from Israel, I was going to go for the SS, don't like copper & brass, and all my atties are SS anyway (matchy matchy), would appreciate a link to your friends online store, Is it possible to select the switch and housing material there as well?

Regarding the artisan daedalus, I got the pro version, some of the difference I believe are the guides and in the inserts to the round wire guide, very easy to do normal fused claptons, but I didn't manage a single staggered fused clapton with it. Also though the coils come out looking great, and i did try many variations for triple or quad core, most simple coils I buy off wotofo with the same specs (and N80) just seem to ramp up a little faster, don't know why that is, but I assume I had worse grades of N80 wire or something.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
I'm from Israel, I was going to go for the SS, don't like copper & brass, and all my atties are SS anyway (matchy matchy), would appreciate a link to your friends online store, Is it possible to select the switch and housing material there as well?

Regarding the artisan daedalus, I got the pro version, some of the difference I believe are the guides and in the inserts to the round wire guide, very easy to do normal fused claptons, but I didn't manage a single staggered fused clapton with it. Also though the coils come out looking great, and i did try many variations for triple or quad core, most simple coils I buy off wotofo with the same specs (and N80) just seem to ramp up a little faster, don't know why that is, but I assume I had worse grades of N80 wire or something.

I think the switch is copper by default. I haven’t seen the option for any other material as yet. I’m not sure as to where else might ship to Israel, a British company maybe? I can’t fathom why Kennedy wouldn’t ship to your country though.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU

Custom-vapes.co.uk

I just checked, they seem to ship to Israel

(Has to edit, it’s been a long day with very little sleep).

rottev

Aug 16, 2019
I think the switch is copper by default. I haven’t seen the option for any other material as yet. I’m not sure as to where else might ship to Israel, a British company maybe? I can’t fathom why Kennedy wouldn’t ship to your country though.

On the Kennedy site you can select the switch housing as SS if you choose the constant contact switch, they also have a 65$ Constant Contact SS switch with an SS button as well, but that is a separate purchase.

Personally I just want the housing to be SS, don't mind that the button (and contact since in their site they claimed to have stopped silver plating the contacts) are copper.

There are some UK sites, some are expensive but most just don't offer the setup I want which is available through the kennedy shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread