So I hit Walmart and Hobby Lobby today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cariessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Indiana, United States
... and now I have VG, several flavorings, syringes and a lot of trepidation.

I plan to place an order for either 100mg PG or 36mg PG, I'm not sure which yet. I might get both so that I have a higher PG concentration in some flavors for TH. Make sense? I plan to end up with a range of nic strengths, 0mg, 3mg, 6mg and 12mg. Suppose I better look up one of those juice calculators.

I need somewhere to get a bunch of 10-15ml needle or drip bottles. Any suggestions on the cheapest?

I bought two different types of flavorings: Wilson clear vanilla (because clear... yeah) and Lorann Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion, Mccormick immitation Almond extract, pure lemon extract and some of tiny bottles of Lorann flavorings in Apple, Cherry and Strawberry.

I have a feeling a couple of these may be nonos, like the Mccormick Almond and Pure Lemon.

Now what? :?::facepalm::?:

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
You don't want to use any of those flavors except maybe the Lorann candy flavorings. You really don't want to use an Emulsion and I can tell you from experience the McCormick is going to be nasty since it's loaded with alcohol. Anything you get for $2-3 per oz in the grocery stores or whatever is mostly just water and alcohol. It's fine to use the imitation extracts but you aren't going to enjoy them.

csardaz

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
e-Liquid Calculator - it has recipes and a calculator. Once you register the "My Page" section has a flavor list - its huge but searchable so you can narrow it down a lot by "Almond" or "(LA)" (LorAnne). Some have ratings/reviews, some list a few sources - but there are many sources that aren't listed there. You can see how popular a flavor is by how many recipes its been used in and get an idea how much to use from min/max/avg amounts other people use in their recipes.

There are warnings on some flavors like 'may damage plastic tanks' and 'containes artificial colors or ingredients not soluble in water'. Oils are amoung those 'not soluble in water' ingredients - emulsion is oil and water mixed, but not actually dissolved. I've seen many warnings here about "Don't Vape Oils!" A lot of the LorAnne flavors have oils in them and quite a few are artificially colored. Some of those are rated high and used in a lot of recipes. I avoid those.

Places that sell 36mg and 100mg nicotine usually sell flavors and bottles. How strong you want your Nicotine solution will depend on how strong you want the Nic in your final Juice. The stronger a nicotine base is the more dangerous - if you spilled some on yourself. I'd look for nic thats about 3x as strong as you want your resulting juice to be. Play with the calculators and some existing recipes and put in your target NIC% and some different Nic Base strengths and see how they work out. You want some flexibility to adjust what proportion of the final juice is VG vs PG while still getting your desired final NIC strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread