So I shrink my Vamo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Done my second Shrink Vamo! :banana::banana::banana:

But I preferred the first one in aluminium alloy, it looks better than brass... :?:

IMG_2031_zps75b8fb07.jpg

:headbang::banana::banana::banana::headbang:

Petebigmatch

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Hull
Hi there,does anyone know if there are any vendors in the uk doing these parts or full conversion
I have one from Elektronické cigarety a p which is fantastic
I went for this one because of the flat top where it screws together( just personel preference )
So I would like to buy the parts / ready made one for a present for a friend
Any advice much appreciated

chef josh

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
uploadfromtaptalk1372792219743.jpg Couldn't resist... I have been shrinking all sorts of stuff. My vamo was just about my least favorite mod, but now I might even carry it around.

Made a floating connection under the control unit and can rotate as I desire locking it in place with a small nail, thanks for the project!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Very Cool Work.
I like the Off-Center Turning you did with a 3-Jaw Chuck.
Thanks for compliment. It's actually an independent 4 jaw chuck, I took off one of the jaw. But 3 jaw chuck will works too, just too difficult to align the center.

BTW - If you decide to do Another one in Mild Stainless, make 2.
And then PM me.
LOL! No way for this micro lathe(Sieg C0), a bit struggle for stainless steel... :(

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might as well try acrylic/lexan or a nice, tight laminated wood (like gunstocks). The idea is so simple that finding a pretty and dead-cheap material is a complete win!

I've been thinking of Delrin plastic. But problem is how to polish it...

northhar

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
CanTheBan

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Yo han, that is indeed a pretty old idea, and actually increases the mass of a mod with the rather large bottom socket- shorter sure, but heavier. I've always thought that with that design it is only stabilized at the bottom and if you squeezed it in your hand it would flex. It probably wouldn't, but you could stress the threads. In a design that relies on 510 threading it would be particularly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread