So I shrink my Vamo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Finally! I'd shrink my Vamo too! :headbang::banana::banana::banana::headbang:
(Spent a month to finish it... cause too lazy. :D)

Boring with my micro lathe machine. But I don't have a milling machine and it was really worn me out hands file down the round edges with the file and sandpaper... but it was deserved. :D

IMG_1981_zps883b3189.jpg

Now it is so so comfortable in my hand! :D :thumb::smokie:
I'm going to buy another Vamo and shrink it again. :D:D:D

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AWESOME IDEAS, TOURLUNETTE!!!

Last edited:

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I dunno why, but that one above looks really big compared to the others.

I think it is because the bottom part is thicker and the photo is a close up. But at the end it is the same size.

Top plate thickness 6 mm and bottom plate 9 mm. Dimension of the device, 6.85 mm(H) x 4.8 mm(L) x 2.55 mm(W), excluded battery cap. :D

ericska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Can i buy the just the top and bottom part frm you? That aluminium looks solid.

Oops... there's rule here no selling in this forum unless gua is a registered seller. And gua is a proprietor who is very busy everyday... I spent a month or more just to finish my own parts...
Sorry...:(

Petebigmatch

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Hull
Hi there,I am from the uk and I have got one of these from Elektronické cigarety a p and
Have been using it for exactly 2 weeks,the problem I have is that it has developed a fault , a shorting
Problem I think.
The hot spring collapsed and the battery top was red hot ,enough to burn my fingers and thumbs on both hands
Trying to take the top off
I have emailed the supplier on 21/06/13 and as of yet not recieved any reply.
Does anyone know what the cause could be,
Very frustrating £65 for two weeks use

The only possible problem I see in isolation of the plus contact. Just warm up the solder, remove and apply a new layer of hot plastic material.

Hi there,I am from the uk and I have got one of these from Elektronické cigarety a p and
Have been using it for exactly 2 weeks,the problem I have is that it has developed a fault , a shorting
Problem I think.
The hot spring collapsed and the battery top was red hot ,enough to burn my fingers and thumbs on both hands
Trying to take the top off
I have emailed the supplier on 21/06/13 and as of yet not recieved any reply.
Does anyone know what the cause could be,
Very frustrating £65 for two weeks use

Oops... there's rule here no selling in this forum unless gua is a registered seller. And gua is a proprietor who is very busy everyday... I spent a month or more just to finish my own parts...
Sorry...:(

Nvm. Will upload mine when im done. Im planning to have colours for the body. :) thanks btw.
Vape on! :)

Petebigmatch

Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Hull
Got it working again
When I stripped it down (what i mean when i say i stripped it down ,is a friend with alot more know how than me) you could see that the wire ( which is green in the above pic ) had a small section of bare wire where I think that the battery holder tube had cut through.
Replaced the wire and re-soldered it all together again.
Working like a dream again.
Even with this little set back I will be getting another one as I love the vamo and I absolutely love this mod
It fits in the hand very nicely and is very comfortable to hold
Superb piece of kit
If you like the vamo ,just get one you will not regret it

Got it working again
When I stripped it down (what i mean when i say i stripped it down ,is a friend with alot more know how than me) you could see that the wire ( which is green in the above pic ) had a small section of bare wire where I think that the battery holder tube had cut through.
Replaced the wire and re-soldered it all together again.
Working like a dream again.
Even with this little set back I will be getting another one as I love the vamo and I absolutely love this mod
It fits in the hand very nicely and is very comfortable to hold
Superb piece of kit
If you like the vamo ,just get one you will not regret it
I'm glad you made it, it's not complicated.:toast::headbang:

Urge

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Shrubburbia Ma.
So, it looks like the wire is soldered to the aluminum base. The Vamo tube sits inside that lip making contact with the base. The tube is the negative path to ground in a Vamo yes? How does the electrical circuit work in this? What is the material around the soldered wire? I know it's there for insulation but I don't get it, can someone enlighten me?

Vamo wire.jpg

Urge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread