So I've decided to get a Kayfun 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    I have two tobeco clones and two more on the way as gifts and Im not a person that usually buys two of any tank, then again I also have a second Subtank mini on the way as well! I havent had a single issue out of either Kayfun that I have and I love the easy of top-filling and the fact that you can re-build/re-wick it with out dumping out your juice like the older Kayfuns. My latest order is coming from Vapenw at $19.99 each.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Turtle, the Tobeco and EHPro are both decent clones and you can get them for under $40. I own both and they preform great. The flavor is some of the best I've had from an RTA. I don't sub-ohm and 1 to 1.2Ω's is my sweet spot.

I have 5 total and the EHPro's is now my go to now, it just seems to have a better build quality but my Tobeco's are always built loaded and on a mod. The one from FT is ok but a bit of a PITA as the threading isn't as good on the base.

Good luck!

themightyturtle

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2015
    Bryson City, NC
    For the K 4, you will want to buy a subohm kit then. Look at Tobeco, HCigar, EHPro or Infinite.

Subohm, single coil: Lemo, eXpromizer, Rose v2 clone, Flash e Vapor clone. You could also run the Aqua v2 single coil.

Wow, you really narrowed it down there. I've been looking at the Tobeco and EHPro. Apparently the Tobeco doesn't come with spare o rings, which is a problem for me. All reviews that I've read/ watched, no one has anything bad to say. Ultimately, what's the risk of buying a clone? Are the 4 clone co's that you listed solid or do they have many issues?

themightyturtle

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2015
    Bryson City, NC
    Turtle, the Tobeco and EHPro are both decent clones and you can get them for under $40. I own both and they preform great. The flavor is some of the best I've had from an RTA. I don't sub-ohm and 1 to 1.2Ω's is my sweet spot.

I have 5 total and the EHPro's is now my go to now, it just seems to have a better build quality but my Tobeco's are always built loaded and on a mod. The one from FT is ok but a bit of a PITA as the threading isn't as good on the base.

Good luck!

Are there any other differences between the 2...aside from build quality?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Wow, you really narrowed it down there. I've been looking at the Tobeco and EHPro. Apparently the Tobeco doesn't come with spare o rings, which is a problem for me. All reviews that I've read/ watched, no one has anything bad to say. Ultimately, what's the risk of buying a clone? Are the 4 clone co's that you listed solid or do they have many issues?

Yes, I have several items from all 4 :)

You can buy rebuild kits cheap on fasttech that include o rings, post screws and insulators for the k4.

If you do your homework, there are several very good clones. I have quite a few I like as much as my authentics.

themightyturtle

ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2015
    Bryson City, NC
    Yes, I have several items from all 4 :)

You can buy rebuild kits cheap on fasttech that include o rings, post screws and insulators for the k4.

If you do your homework, there are several very good clones. I have quite a few I like as much as my authentics.

Thank you! Now I'm torn between Tobeco and EHPro.:(

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City

cinetrope

ECF Veteran
    Apr 12, 2014
    Joshua Tree, CA
    I have an authentic, an EHPro, and an Hcigar. I don't regret buying the authentic (used for half price) but if the HCigar had been available at the time, and I knew then what I know now, I would have got two of the HCigars. I have sub ohm kits in all of them because I like a slightly airier draw and it increases the ID of the center pin from 2 mm to 2.78 mm. Having the peek insulator that it comes with is nice but I haven't built any of them below 1.2 ohm yet. The first run of EHPros had an issue with the top nut missing the flat spot on its threads which could result in flooding during a re-fill and the spring between the base and the deck was a bit on the flimsy side but the revised second version shipped with the correct parts. If you decide on an EHPro make sure that you confirm that revision. Long story long...I think the HCigar is marginally superior to the EHPro.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread