So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Hi friends!!!

Ok so I got some awesome responses on my last post for recommendations for a refillable, non-pod, stick type MTL device. It seems it's down to two most recommended, and I've added and removed things from online carts so much in the last day my head is spinning.

The recommendations seem to be the Uwell Whirl 22 OR Vandyvape. The difference that my newbie brain can see between them is that Vandyvape takes two types of coils, 0.6 and 1.8 or something like that, although I don't quite understand the difference between that yet. It seems the general consensus in review videos that I've watched are the 0.6 coils are better.

The Uwell doesn't seem to take different coils, again I'm not sure if that matters and why, but it does seem to get better reviews.

My question now is, can I buy additional tanks for either of these? I don't see them online and I'd like to have more than one tank for different flavors and nic levels just set up and ready to go.

Can you use any atomizer on any mod? Like if I got a Smok BabyBeast, can I use that on a vandyvape stick pen thing? If I bought a zenith tank, can I use it on my Kanger Mod? I'm really confused about this and it's probably super simple.

I'm stressing these things because I plan on ordering the mod and coils and extra tanks together to save on shipping. So I'm at your mercy!! Please help me!!

And thanks for putting up with me. You guys that have done this for forever probably cringe at such simple questions, but I appreciate all of you.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Uwell Whirl Tank 3.5ml

This one? If you scroll down, it says there are two coils for it. Don’t stress about the details like that yet. I tend to use 1.6 ohm coils for mtl because that’s one of the options for my tank, and anything under 1 ohm for dl tanks.

Easy way to tell is generally mtl tanks have a skinnier drip tip, the dl have fat ones.

And yes, most tanks and mods are a 510 connection so they’re interchangeable.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Uwell Whirl Tank 3.5ml

This one? If you scroll down, it says there are two coils for it. Don’t stress about the details like that yet. I tend to use 1.6 ohm coils for mtl because that’s one of the options for my tank, and anything under 1 ohm for dl tanks.

Easy way to tell is generally mtl tanks have a skinnier drip tip, the dl have fat ones.

And yes, most tanks and mods are a 510 connection so they’re interchangeable.
Awesome, thank you for the quick response!

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
So the coils are there, but when I choose an extra tank and look at the replacement coil options the numbers don't match up? This is on Element Vape, and I put in a pack of 1.6 coils, but when I look at the replacement tank options for coils it says like 0.2, 0.16, 0.15...I'm so confused. Do any coils work with any tanks?

I'll pay one of you to go in and set my cart up for me. I need a vaping faerie!! Sorry guys, I'm hopeless.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
So the coils are there, but when I choose an extra tank and look at the replacement coil options the numbers don't match up? This is on Element Vape, and I put in a pack of 1.6 coils, but when I look at the replacement tank options for coils it says like 0.2, 0.16, 0.15...I'm so confused. Do any coils work with any tanks?

I'll pay one of you to go in and set my cart up for me. I need a vaping faerie!! Sorry guys, I'm hopeless.

The description of the tank usually says what type coil, and no, you can’t use any coil for any tank.

This one says the coil type is NiChrome, and I think you wanted the single coil 1.8.

There’s also a double coil .6 I believe. Just watch when you select them, because sometimes the site will show options that will not work for your tank. Check the type against the description

Reactions: Heartsdelight

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Uwell makes a couple Different tanks. And I don't know/don't think that all the Coil-Heads are interchangeable.

So if you get a Uwell Whirl Tank with that Starter Kit, and then buy another Uwell Tank like the Crown, the Coils for the Whirl might not work on the Crown. And Vesa Visa.

Here is the Uwell Whirl Kit...

UWELL WHIRL 20 / 22 Starter Kit | Vape Pen Kits

And here are the Coil-Head that go into the Whirl tank...

Uwell Whirl Replacement Coils | Vape Coils

And Yes... The Whirl Tank that comes in that the Whirl Kit would work Fine on any Mod like you Kanger.

Now you can put another Tank or RTA on you Whirl Mod. But the Whirl Mod is Not a Variable Mod. So the only way to adjust the Hit you get is by Changing the Resistance of the Coil in the atomizer you use.

jtbje

Jan 2, 2019
Texas Hill Country
Uwell makes a couple Different tanks. And I don't know/don't think that all the Coil-Heads are interchangeable.

So if you get a Uwell Whirl Tank with that Starter Kit, and then buy another Uwell Tank like the Crown, the Coils for the Whirl might not work on the Crown. And Vesa Visa.

Here is the Uwell Whirl Kit...

UWELL WHIRL 20 / 22 Starter Kit | Vape Pen Kits

And here are the Coil-Head that go into the Whirl tank...

Uwell Whirl Replacement Coils | Vape Coils

And Yes... The Whirl Tank that comes in that the Whirl Kit would work Fine on any Mod like you Kanger.

Now you can put another Tank or RTA on you Whirl Mod. But the Whirl Mod is Not a Variable Mod. So the only way to adjust the Hit you get is by Changing the Resistance of the Coil in the atomizer you use.
Thank you!! I took everything out of my cart except for the kit and pressed “order”. I hate not knowing what to get. I couldn’t find extra tanks for the whirl! Only Crown tanks. What you said about the resistance makes sense, but that’s dipping toes into coil building territory, which didn’t start out too well.

I feel like a fish out of water with all this stuff. I guess if I like the uwell I could just order another entire kit for a second tank. Would give me a backup and looks like the same price as tanks alone, if I did know what to buy. Which I don’t. Sooo...I digress.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you!! I took everything out of my cart except for the kit and pressed “order”. I hate not knowing what to get. I couldn’t find extra tanks for the whirl! Only Crown tanks. What you said about the resistance makes sense, but that’s dipping toes into coil building territory, which didn’t start out too well.

Sounds like a Plan.

All the OEM's could make more Interchangeable Coils/Tanks IMO. But they want you to Buy More Stuff.

Sometimes a Tank that comes with in a kit is Only Available in the Kit. At Least at 1st.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not all tanks are compatable with all mods. One thing to consider is the recommended wattage range of the coils available for the tank you are considering. Not all batteries/battery devices have enough power (wattage) to fire the sub-ohm coils (coil resistance less than 1.0 ohms). As an example, almost all of the SMOK tanks' coils have a recommended wattage range of at least 40 watts. If your battery or battery device only puts out 30 watts max, then those SMOK coils or tanks won't work well with that battery device.

SMOK-TFV8-Baby-Beast-Coils_large__63121.1530635096.1280.1280.jpg
SMOK coils options​

Also, most manufacturer's tanks have proprietary coils made specifically for one model of tank. For example, the coils for the original Uwell Crown tank won't fit/work in a Uwell Crown 2, 3, 4, or Valarian tank, or vice versa. Each tank has its own propietary coils for each specific tank.

I realize this can be very confusing to new vapers. Should you have doubts about what to buy, ask the vets here prior to hitting that order button so that we can confirm what you buy will be compatible.

Vapers need to have a minimum knowledge of Ohm's Law, which will help you to know what resistance of coils will be compatible with the battery device used.

Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread