So...We Never liked it all along!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I have found personally that they used to be a lot better than they are now. Something seems to have happened to tobacco flavors a few years back. They changed color and got a lot lighter in color while getting a lot more expensive for one, and for me at least they also seem to have changed flavor.
    From my perspective of slowly exploring tobacco flavors and DIY, it keeps getting better. There have been a lot of changes in the whole industry that might cause the change you have noticed. More ejuices are high VG and oriented towards high power vaping, and for that lower strength flavor is a good thing, although I hesitate to pay the prices for less even when less is more. Prices have spread both down and up but more up in shops especially with larger bottles. On the other hand, the early generic "Tobacco" flavors could be as bad as Tobacco's reputation. It gets better than that. I mostly DIY and sometimes get some Goodejuice NETs for my small vape. The DIY is very low flavor strength. I don't bother much with shops but it doesn't seem like they carry much anymore. I did try one I liked but yeah expensive. Went in a shop 5 years ago that had at least 15 different tobaccos.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    From my perspective of slowly exploring tobacco flavors and DIY, it keeps getting better. There have been a lot of changes in the whole industry that might cause the change you have noticed. More ejuices are high VG and oriented towards high power vaping, and for that lower strength flavor is a good thing, although I hesitate to pay the prices for less even when less is more. Prices have spread both down and up but more up in shops especially with larger bottles. On the other hand, the early generic "Tobacco" flavors could be as bad as Tobacco's reputation. It gets better than that. I mostly DIY and sometimes get some Goodejuice NETs for my small vape. The DIY is very low flavor strength. I don't bother much with shops but it doesn't seem like they carry much anymore. I did try one I liked but yeah expensive. Went in a shop 5 years ago that had at least 15 different tobaccos.
    I DIY so I haven’t been following juices much. I was speaking of flavorings. There was a period where prices for tobacco flavorings tripled or more then they started getting lighter in color and not tasting the same.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Because big tobacco wants its slaves back. I really do not believe that this is about flavors or even really about kids.
    They are losing people to us every single day and they are not really attracting new and young smokers to replace the ones they kill.
    Yep. The number of young people smoking is at an all time low and still declining. But it isn't just the tobacco companies who are bothered by that; most of them are multi-national and smoking is still on the rise in much of the third world. It's also state governments who fear the loss of cigarette tax and MSA payment revenue, and even Wall Street banks, who floated bonds against those MSA payments. Those bonds are at serious risk now.

Take a look at which states have the highest cig taxes and have the biggest MSA revenue. There's a strong correlation with state-level bans.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    So the alcohol industries need to shut down also. Especially Crown Royal. Just last night i saw a commercial for apple flavored crown royal. Wow the nerve of them marketing to kids. SMH

I agree, but not because it's flavored, but because it's NASTY!

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    It does and it doesn’t. You’re forgetting that kids aren’t allowed in liquor stores. The assumption being made is that kids cannot be kept away from cigarettes in the same way that kids are kept away from liquor. This is true IF you are a gas station, but NOT TRUE if you are a vape shop. The gross stupidity is the solution they have come to is “well then kill all the vape shops so we can be right” which is asinine in the extreme, but is what seems to be happening.
    Kids aren't kept away from liquor in Louisiana. It's sold at gas stations and grocery stores. Both places kids can go into unsupervised. There's more restrictions on entering a vape shop. Yet people would scream bloody murder if either cigs or alcohol were pulled from those locations. It makes no sense.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Kids aren't kept away from liquor in Louisiana. It's sold at gas stations and grocery stores. Both places kids can go into unsupervised. There's more restrictions on entering a vape shop. Yet people would scream bloody murder if either cigs or alcohol were pulled from those locations. It makes no sense.
    The problem is equating e-cigarettes with cigarettes and alcohol. Both are known to have big problems but are effectively grandfathered into our culture. There are groups that hope that this can be avoided with e-cigarettes. The problem is that e-cigarettes mitigate the problems caused by cigarettes. They actually reduce cigarette use better than anything anyone has so far come up with. Well enough to dramatically drop cigarette use and cause problems with cigarette use projections people bet money on. They’re a disruptive technology.

sparkey909w

ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    They actually reduce cigarette use better than anything anyone has so far come up with.

This is soo true. The only product EVER made that allows long time smokers to quit day one. No program. No step down. Day one period. Prescriptions take time. The patch is 3 steps. The gum ...... Well the gum just su@!s. U get the point.
    If every smoker went to ecigs all at once. The BT industry would crash the next day. Wish we could witness that.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    i do get what you are saying but are we not being told that flavored packaging is intended to attract children? i i believe i could likely serve you multiple quotes claiming they are deliberately making the packages appealing to children.. and i think its overkill to not start at stopping sales in places where children are welcome.. but you are welcome to think im not aware of my surroundings.or that i dont get it..what i get is they are trying to make e cig products the negative when the real question is..why are those contributing the products to kids not being held accountable? whats in billys backpack? Under suzies bed? who sold it to them is the concept being left out..just like nobody thought to question good vaping hygene as a culprit in the multiple illnesses..ever get pocket lint in your mouth when vaping? or change coils with dirty fingers or leave the bag of cotton open or vape in a dusty or exhaust ridden area.. so many variables to consider but instead its just "aim and attack" ..
    I do recall one person at least that said pretty much exactly what you're referring to whether he actually believe that or not I don't know I doubt it. I believe it was written reference to Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA flavored Ejuice and he basically said that adults would not be attracted to that flavor because he certainly wouldn't. I have a box of Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA on top of my refrigerator right now I have no children LOL I don't actually think that that's their real motivation I'm too cynical for that but I think they'll say anything and imply anything and that is what they're trying to imply they're going to go at it at any way that they can in order to get more and more people against it and more and more people forced to smoke. I noticed they also failed to make any emphasis on the general consensus that amongst the teams that are vaping and have Vape more than once in 30 days but are regularly using the products at least 20 days out of the month I think was the status somewhere in the 90% were former cigarette smokers I'm not sure where I saw that but it was someone's summation of what the study said that they haven't released to my knowledge and we're only getting blurbs from it. If every teenager got hooked or steadily used everything that they tried once or twice or even ten times throughout time we would all be addicted to everything LOL

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    This is soo true. The only product EVER made that allows long time smokers to quit day one. No program. No step down. Day one period. Prescriptions take time. The patch is 3 steps. The gum ...... Well the gum just su@!s. U get the point.
    If every smoker went to ecigs all at once. The BT industry would crash the next day. Wish we could witness that.
    Different things work for different people I think because there are so many elements involved.

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I will remember my shock and awe when I entered a gas station selling BOOZE.
    LOL. I will ALSO remember my shock and AWE at drive through liquor stations that seems like SUCH an accident waiting to happen. (South Carolina.)

Now, I notice my shock and awe when there is not ONE clearly identifiable person performing acts BEHIND the gas station, to purchase liquor or IDK motor oil if you are desperate but SOMETHING.

LOL, the nearest gas station to my house was ah, a house of ill repute (outdoors). They had a redbox, which is super code for "buy here," because some old, busted up old men were like constantly buying "DVDs" to "Watch" with their horrifyingly thin busted up "daughters" during the encounter, because it somehow makes it seem more palatable.

It's all cleaned up now, but they had the LARGEST condom machine on offer I have EVER seen in the single use bathroom.

I miss that gas station, frankly. The one I go to now makes Subway sandwiches and that's GOOD, it's my comfort food. I imagine it would no longer be if they took out all the FLAVORS though.

Anna

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I DIY so I haven’t been following juices much. I was speaking of flavorings. There was a period where prices for tobacco flavorings tripled or more then they started getting lighter in color and not tasting the same.
    Yeah I DIY mainly... I haven't noticed a lot of negative change in flavorings. One of my old favorite TAs became harder to get and I'm not liking it as much, maybe they're not making it anymore and the supplies are old, that could be it. The newer brands are more expensive, I just got some Flavorah, worth it. You might need to be more specific :confused:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yeah I DIY mainly... I haven't noticed a lot of negative change in flavorings. One of my old favorite TAs became harder to get and I'm not liking it as much, maybe they're not making it anymore and the supplies are old, that could be it. The newer brands are more expensive, I just got some Flavorah, worth it. You might need to be more specific :confused:
    I noticed it only in tobacco flavorings. Flue cures was one, but it seemed to happen in every tobacco I tried. I remember at one point flue cure flavoring went from $8 to &18 then the price dropped again but it got lighter and its character changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread