So...We Never liked it all along!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
so i was wondering how you all feel about finding out that you dont like and never have liked candy flavored things or pretty colored things that taste good and that all those bottles on the shelf in your local vape shop are for the kids who are standing outside with their faces against the window and not intended to be appealing to you at all..because you are adults and when you are an adult you do not like these things anymore. And those emails with the pictures of e liquid you get in your private email are for you to make copies of and hand them out at the nearest preschool durring snak time!! oh and you are getting sleeeepy...verrrry sleeeepy..and when you wake up you will be all grown up and only enjoy things that taste burnt and make you sluggish and smelly and dead.. Happy Halloween i suppose...wow i feel strange that i was posessed or hypnotized by babies to do their bidding for the last 8 years..man do i need a cigarette!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
so i was wondering how you all feel about finding out that you dont like and never have liked candy flavored things or pretty colored things that taste good and that all those bottles on the shelf in your local vape shop are for the kids who are standing outside with their faces against the window and not intended to be appealing to you at all..because you are adults and when you are an adult you do not like these things anymore. And those emails with the pictures of e liquid you get in your private email are for you to make copies of and hand them out at the nearest preschool durring snak time!! oh and you are getting sleeeepy...verrrry sleeeepy..and when you wake up you will be all grown up and only enjoy things that taste burnt and make you sluggish and smelly and dead.. Happy Halloween i suppose...wow i feel strange that i was posessed or hypnotized by babies to do their bidding for the last 8 years..man do i need a cigarette!
I generally feel that the person saying these things doesn’t know a lot about what he is talking about. I don’t think that’s what is being said though. The impression I am getting is not that the people saying these thingS think adults don’t like that stuff they’re saying that kids do and us adults are all addicts anyway and while we don’t like stuff that tastes like plasticine or an old ashtray we’re just addicts so we will do it anyway. We’ll take the awful and like it because kids.

What it functionally means is more cigarettes sold of course, which is what the money behind all this wants because they’re the ones selling the cigarettes.

Last edited:

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
I generally feel that the person saying these things doesn’t know a lot about what he is talking about. I don’t think that’s what is being said though. The impression I am getting is not that the people saying these thingS think adults don’t like that stuff they’re saying that kids do and us adults are all addicts anyway and while we don’t like stuff that tastes like plasticine or an old ash try we’re addicts so we will do it anyway. We’ll take the awful and like it because kids.
i do get what you are saying but are we not being told that flavored packaging is intended to attract children? i i believe i could likely serve you multiple quotes claiming they are deliberately making the packages appealing to children.. and i think its overkill to not start at stopping sales in places where children are welcome.. but you are welcome to think im not aware of my surroundings.or that i dont get it..what i get is they are trying to make e cig products the negative when the real question is..why are those contributing the products to kids not being held accountable? whats in billys backpack? Under suzies bed? who sold it to them is the concept being left out..just like nobody thought to question good vaping hygene as a culprit in the multiple illnesses..ever get pocket lint in your mouth when vaping? or change coils with dirty fingers or leave the bag of cotton open or vape in a dusty or exhaust ridden area.. so many variables to consider but instead its just "aim and attack" ..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i do get what you are saying but are we not being told that flavored packaging is intended to attract children?
I believe there are idiots who think that. They’re wrong IMHO, but if you replace “intended to” with “does” it gets somewhat less stupid.
i i believe i could likely serve you multiple quotes claiming they are deliberately making the packages appealing to children.
I believe I could too. I’m not saying there aren’t people saying that
. and i think its overkill to not start at stopping sales in places where children are welcome..
huh?
but you are welcome to think im not aware of my surroundings.or that i dont get it..
I don’t think those things. I think you do get it and are aware
what i get is they are trying to make e cig products the negative when the real question is..why are those contributing the products to kids not being held accountable?
holding people accountable is always a hit-and-miss thing. It can’t reliably be done, generally, and the people who are accountable never want to be held accountable, and if they rich or powerful or both they can often do a bang up job of avoiding such.
whats in billys backpack? Under suzies bed? who sold it to them is the concept being left out..
generally rich powerful people. See above on your chances.
just like nobody thought to question good vaping hygene as a culprit in the multiple illnesses..ever get pocket lint in your mouth when vaping? or change coils with dirty fingers or leave the bag of cotton open or vape in a dusty or exhaust ridden area.. so many variables to consider but instead its just "aim and attack" ..
Yep. There were some seriously iffy interpretations of comments made by the CDC.

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
I generally feel that the person saying these things doesn’t know a lot about what he is talking about. I don’t think that’s what is being said though. The impression I am getting is not that the people saying these thingS think adults don’t like that stuff they’re saying that kids do and us adults are all addicts anyway and while we don’t like stuff that tastes like plasticine or an old ashtray we’re just addicts so we will do it anyway. We’ll take the awful and like it because kids.

What it functionally means is more cigarettes sold of course, which is what the money behind all this wants because they’re the ones selling the cigarettes.
did i take that totally wrong? i may have..i jumped to defense mode on the assumption you were implying that i dont know what im talking about..i i guess it would have been wise to request clarification before responding.. either way i took no offense..it takes a mad clump of crazy to offend me and i got no hint of such an element in what you said..but i may have responded in error..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
did i take that totally wrong? i may have..i jumped to defense mode on the assumption you were implying that i dont know what im talking about..i i guess it would have been wise to request clarification before responding.. either way i took no offense..it takes a mad clump of crazy to offend me and i got no hint of such an element in what you said..but i may have responded in error..
S’all good. I’ve done the same here. I have a bad habit of coming off a lot more confrontational than I intend to. I’m not very good at reading the attitudes of others into things, or reading the attitudes of others at all even.

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
S’all good. I’ve done the same here. I have a bad habit of coming off a lot more confrontational than I intend to. I’m not very good at reading the attitudes of others into things, or reading the attitudes of others at all even.
yes..ive stopped texting certain people because "tone of voice" is a huge part of speaking English and does not translate well through texts..and some people insist that they could not have taken things differently than they were intended as if they know what i meant even when im telling them they got me all wrong.. so i try to make a point to read everything twice..sometimes better late than not at all..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
oh and to the "huh"..i believe there was an "at" where the word should have been "by" or "with" ..as in "its overkill to not start by stopping sales {of vape supplies} in places where children are welcome."
Still “huh?” It doesn’t matter. “Failure to parse” errors happen with my brain. It’s main advantage is that it is small and easy to carry.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Flavors are for kids. Adults don't care about variety...
A statement that is easily proved false. The thing I think they are implying without saying is “adults can be forced to live without variety”

Whether the kid issue is even actual fact though seems to be coming under question. @jandrew had some interesting points about that.

Reactions: Anise

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

You mean, like these .. ??

cereal-flavored-e-juice.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You mean, like these .. ??

cereal-flavored-e-juice.jpg
Packaging is an issue. The opposite tack was also tried. “Charlie’s chalk dust” was a popular flavor for a while. I personally bought a couple bottles of a flavor named “your mom” purely because of the labeling. It has a different optic when you pass middle age.

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
Packaging is an issue. The opposite tack was also tried. “Charlie’s chalk dust” was a popular flavor for a while. I personally bought a couple bottles of a flavor named “your mom” purely because of the labeling. It has a different optic when you pass middle age.
yeah..well put..personally i am on an everquest for the perfect bubblegum flavor..and in that search i find something almost sarcastically intriguing when i come across certain cartoonish packages..and 9 times out of 10 i will go with the wildly over the top colors rather than the basic strait forward name that might directly state that its what im looking for..dont ask how thats working for me cuz i honestly havent purchased the less exciting package so i cant say for sure..but who wants a cotton candy, bubblegum or other sweet flavor that comes in a "plain brown wrapper"?

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
Vape packaging and styling of vape gear could be more restrained. The same is demanded of cigarette packaging in many places.

Addictive behaviour is common in humans. People will continue to get into vaping or smoking, at any age, as long as it's possible. Many people start smoking in their teenage years, so teenagers will (want to) vape regardless of packaging.

Advertising and labelling in a way that alcohol and cigarettes are labeled is simply more fair to the user. It gives a sense of gravity that indicates this product is not harmless and is for educated and moderate use only.

As for flavour, well that's silly. It's probably not great for you, but come on, who doesn't have a single sweet thing they love.

:2c:

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I don't want to vape anyone's "mom". I'd expect it to taste like the local beauty shop smells.. and while the smells of mom can be lovely, I wouldn't want to taste her..

YMMV.. :lol:

That said, I don't mind plain packaging, but I absolutely want names that tell me what on earth I'm buying, if something tastes like Strawberry Cheesecake, I'd like it to be called strawberry cheesecake. Makes it simple.

I don't want to go on a hunt to find out what moldy balls ejuice tastes like..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread