So, what do people say to you now that you've quit smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Before I went on my weekend getaway, my aunt told me she thought I had lost weight. I haven't. I actually gained 20 lb, due to a medication I'd been taking not at all related to my not smoking and was actually before I quit.

When I went on my trip, my dad said I looked good and asked if I'd lost weight. My best friend in Montana said she and her fiance thought I'd lost weight, she said my face wasn't puffy any more, and she said I had better color in my face and skin (we won't talk of the gray hair, though). I was heavier than the last time she saw me. My uncle in Montana said I looked good, his wife said so, too. Huh? :blink: I'm not used to this. I'm still very much overweight. But, I apparently look healthier since quitting smoking. I haven't lost weight since vaping, though I haven't gained any either.

Anyone else getting comments?

Staceylt40

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
East Texas
I think I will print this and lay it on her desk. LOL

image_4814a34aa6.gif

Stacey, say it loud, say it proud: 2 months, 13 days!!!!
That's awesome! ...and tell that person to go suck a lemon...

He's My Everything

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
"What happened to those bags under your eyes? You look healthier."

I didn't believe it for a second. There's no way that 5 weeks of no smoking can make a noticeable difference in one's appearance.

John, you can believe it. Rob had to quit right before his surgery to remove his cancerous kidney last April. The doctors said he'd have a bad time recovering and healing if he was still smoking. So, he was quit for three months. This was before we found vaping... ;) Anyway, a few weeks into his recovery from MAJOR SURGERY, people started commenting about how he looked better than he had in years. I had to agree with them. I thought it was because the cancer was gone, but it turns out, it was the lack of cigarettes. I could see it in his face, most of all. He had much better color, his skin was better - he just looked so much younger - and yes, the bags under his eyes were nearly gone. When he went back to smoking, after being quit for three months, all the complexion issues returned. His color went back to sallow gray, his eye luggage was back, his skin went back to looking thin and hangie. A few weeks really can make a huge difference - I watched it with my own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread