So you smoked cigarettes all those years...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yup, sucked them right down, knew they were bad for you, didn't care, had no idea what was in them, didn't care. Had no idea what you might be doing to your body, but didn't care!
So now you are vaping and are worried about every little thing? Crap on a Q-tip from the drip tip, you get scared? Gunk on your coil, you freak out? Wick turns brown, something has to be wrong with this!!
Sorry, I've seen so many posts recently that it's almost funny anymore! WHY all of the sudden is everyone so worried about what vaping is going to do? We've done this for years, nothing has happened to anyone! But you certainly never gave a second thought to lighting up that cig and sucking it down, did you? Why and how do you figure vaping is all the sudden an issue?
IF you are that concerned, you, number one, should have never started smoking, number two, should be a shining example of a healthy person, and number three, need to just quit cold turkey, because I assure you vaping is better than the other choices you have already made.
Rant over.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yup, sucked them right down, knew they were bad for you, didn't care, had no idea what was in them, didn't care. Had no idea what you might be doing to your body, but didn't care!
So now you are vaping and are worried about every little thing? Crap on a Q-tip from the drip tip, you get scared? Gunk on your coil, you freak out? Wick turns brown, something has to be wrong with this!!
Sorry, I've seen so many posts recently that it's almost funny anymore! WHY all of the sudden is everyone so worried about what vaping is going to do? We've done this for years, nothing has happened to anyone! But you certainly never gave a second thought to lighting up that cig and sucking it down, did you? Why and how do you figure vaping is all the sudden an issue?
IF you are that concerned, you, number one, should have never started smoking, number two, should be a shining example of a healthy person, and number three, need to just quit cold turkey, because I assure you vaping is better than the other choices you have already made.
Rant over.
I vape NETS on rusty coils and roll my wicks with greasy fingers, here, ya' want a hit? First one's free! :lol::lol::lol: J/K Y'all :lol:

Max-83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2016
Well there's always that devil you know versus the devil you don't know. I think some people are a little worried they'll find out 20 yrs down the road that vaping has a as of yet unknown health risk.
I figure it's a wash. I know smoking for 37yrs was gonna be the death of me, now I have a chance that i didn't have then.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
It does make me laugh and cry at the same time. Looking for organic this and that and sterile this and that.

Meanwhile guzzle tequila with a worm in the bottle.

I do my work in my e coli filled bathroom. Don't bother me at all.

Really surprised that I lived this long anyway.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
The best mind-easing demonstration involves just a bit of tissue...

Take a pull from a cigarette, and blow it out through the tissue. Brown, nasty, residue on the tissue.

Now to the same thing with a vape. No color residue at all. Perhaps a little dampness.

That was proof enough for me.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
At least I looked cool, now I'm just a nerd
24129636384_2a11674eaa_o.png

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Awww Saw......

You let things get to you too much. Think of it this way: we finally find a way to quit and now we can actually think of our health! Oh Wow! What a concept! With all the crap that the media is spouting, and this being such a relatively new device..... Just deal with the facts. If you get upset, you may say something you might regret. Just close the thread and step away. ;)

I do know what you mean though. Sometimes I am like :facepalm: And sometimes I just shake my head. Just don't engage when you feel like you are going to rant at them.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Awww Saw......

You let things get to you too much. Think of it this way: we finally find a way to quit and now we can actually think of our health! Oh Wow! What a concept! With all the crap that the media is spouting, and this being such a relatively new device..... Just deal with the facts. If you get upset, you may say something you might regret. Just close the thread and step away. ;)

I do know what you mean though. Sometimes I am like :facepalm: And sometimes I just shake my head. Just don't engage when you feel like you are going to rant at them.

<enabler>
I say, rant away if it helps. If that's not enough, just givem the back of your hand a time or two! :D
</enabler>

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I thought the same thing the first time I saw people discussing whether or not to boil cotton balls, or whether they should be organic or not.
Heck, I used to dig through my ashtray, looking for a dried up, half smoked cig to straighten out and smoke, when I was out of cigs.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I thought the same thing the first time I saw people discussing whether or not to boil cotton balls, or whether they should be organic or not.
Heck, I used to dig through my ashtray, looking for a dried up, half smoked cig to straighten out and smoke, when I was out of cigs.
I've done that....too many times to count :facepalm: <insert sick look here>

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
Rant over.
anything besides fresh air is bad for your lungs... vaping included... smoking is just a lot more worse and addicting

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Awww Saw......

Believe me, I do walk away! Look at all the threads I HAVEN'T replied to recently! I read, shake my head and move on! It's just becoming more common the last month or so to see these things. I think there were three of them last night alone?
I can't imagine some of these people having to survive back in the day! "My God, I can't find the cartomizer I love in stock anywhere!!! Does anyone know someone that makes a 1.7 ohm cartomizer with Japanese origami paper cotton? I just can't vape anything less than that, I'll get sick from the fumes of anything else!"

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    If you draw on them over boiling water, it moistens up the tobacco. Just like new. Been there...

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    "Jailhouse butts" grab all the butts off the floor, shake the leftover tobacco out and wrap it in toilet paper and enjoy!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Believe me, I do walk away! Look at all the threads I HAVEN'T replied to recently! I read, shake my head and move on! It's just becoming more common the last month or so to see these things. I think there were three of them last night alone?
    I can't imagine some of these people having to survive back in the day! "My God, I can't find the cartomizer I love in stock anywhere!!! Does anyone know someone that makes a 1.7 ohm cartomizer with Japanese origami paper cotton? I just can't vape anything less than that, I'll get sick from the fumes of anything else!"

Just between you and me..... and everyone else reading the thread.... LOL I think some of those might just be 'plant' type posts. You know... throw something out there and see what sticks.

Can't prove it. Can't really do anything about it. We can rise above it and I thank you dearly for rising above it :wub: :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread