Soft Cap Turbos for 808 have Arrived!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Anyway, I would really like to know what you all think, especially now when it's easy to open them and really take a look. I feel that the protruding wire and/or the extra air pocket above the filler have something to do with the overall performance of the cartomizer, but I have no idea which and what and how and why. We need our resident geek squad to chime in. Scott? Jazz? Drozd? Any thoughts? Belle? What's your theory? And why is the little hole in the battery end of the carto smaller than in the hard caps? Is it a different design?

I have seen what you mean on the apparent difference in performance in relation to batting amount, but haven't thought about it much. My initial guess is that it has to do with how the gases expand during vaporization. This process is happening in a semi-enclosed shell and perhaps the extra expansion room would have some effect on the efficiency of vaporization.

That's just my off-the-cuff first thought though. I'll take a closer look and do a bit more thinking on the specifics and come back to it.

I noticed the slight differences in battery hole as well (and the slots for that matter). I haven't yet pulled one apart to see what other differences there might be (just got em yesterday!) but you can bet I will. Initial impressions though - these do seem to be performing every bit as well as their hard-capped brothers in everything except longevity. I have no reason yet to suspect they won't perform as well with that too, but I simply haven't had the pleasure to use them long enough to say so.

But I'm working on it right now!!! :)

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
Initial impressions though - these do seem to be performing every bit as well as their hard-capped brothers in everything except longevity. I have no reason yet to suspect they won't perform as well with that too, but I simply haven't had the pleasure to use them long enough to say so.

But I'm working on it right now!!! :)

me toooo. :D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
LOL, jazz.

Katya--my theory is (please protect your foreheads with appropriate armor, sciency types) that the protruding wire ...................

OMFG... the pain!!!

And why does it say LKJHGFDS on my forehead, in reversed letters??

:D

(P.S. In a separate post to Lorikay I believe I explained.. from my perspective, why these cartos deliver the quality of performance that they do...)

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Okay, these are fantastic. But I just looked down at my desk and noticed something funny.

At least I think it's funny!

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

It's subliminal advertising.....

Works for me!

(I want cartos in brass-tone.. to go with my brass-tone battery.. so it looks like a Barbie stripper pole...)

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
Hey Scott - good to see you dude!

I read your post you refer to here (if it's the one I'm thinking of - coil wrapped around center instead of being asymmetric) and I fully agree with you there (comparing these turbos to standard or 'premium' varieties). But I believe the question raised now is that some turbos seem to perform better than other turbos, with a correlation to the 'better' ones not having filler going all the way up to the cap, rather leaving some empty room in the carto.

I have seen a slight difference too (not a huge difference, mind you) with the same correlation.

It's my (untested as of yet) theory that the 'extra room' allows the vapor exiting the center air tube a little chamber to gather and thicken before being sucked out the mouthpiece. The difference that I detect is that the vapor is 'fuller' and has more body and flavor on the cartos that don't have batting all the way to the top.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

PS. You either have a pretty narrow keyboard or a very wide forehead!

OMFG... the pain!!!

(P.S. In a separate post to Lorikay I believe I explained.. from my perspective, why these cartos deliver the quality of performance that they do...)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Okay, these are fantastic. But I just looked down at my desk and noticed something funny.

At least I think it's funny!

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Ah, this may be more than funny, you may be onto something good here... Blacken out the other letters when traveling through airports or other potential scrutiny-inducing situations; claim it's some kind of sex toy if asked... and the scrutinizer may become a wee bit less game to hold you in his/her presence for any additional amount of time, not to mention touch/examine the thing... :sneaky:

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
OMFG... the pain!!!

I warned you though! Kevlar forehead guard is a requirement for reading my theories. :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
OMFG... the pain!!!

Are you sure it's not related to your weekend with Cap't Morgan?

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Ah, this may be more than funny, you may be onto something good here... Blacken out the other letters when traveling through airports or other potential scrutiny-inducing situations; claim it's some kind of sex toy if asked... and the scrutinizer may become a wee bit less game to hold you in his/her presence for any additional amount of time, not to mention touch/examine the thing... :sneaky:

hmmm...like a vibrating Passthrough? Hey Ben.....:w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread