Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
[reposted here from this thread which has more info....]
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/223829-new-ego-t-tanks-fix-leaks.html

Haven't visited general forum much lately but did see this thread and it validates what I had recently found - the silicone/softer tips stop leaks on the eGo-t's. Here's a cut and paste from a PM to a friend on it....

'I have some updates on eGo T's I was going to post on 'dangerous' but don't know if it's the right place and giving some things a bit more time - the silicone caps - seem to be working well. I never had much 'leak' problems for quite a while but in the last month, they started showing up. While I've soaked some attys and took one apart 'just to see' I haven't done that 'deep cleaning' mainly because I hadn't had problems but they started and I got some of the silicone caps that Vicky sells and they stopped the leaks...'

Vicky being cignot.... So far the new caps are working well. One thing I've noticed was that I was using Vicky's thin tipped bottles to fill through the hole and now the seal is so tight that it pops the top off in some instances. So I've just been popping the caps off to fill - not a problem. If you're filling with a syringe you won't have a problem. But the seal is tight and I favor the punch out of the sealed hole as one poster has suggested. I had one cap (the first one) that already had a hole in it??? and it begam to leak so I changed it out. I didn't inspect it to see if it was torn - still wasn't sure if they were going to work, but haven't had one problem since. Note - I was one of the lucky ones that never had leak problems going back to December of 2010 but only in the last month did I start to have that problem.

One other thing on the eGo-t - and much of this depends on flavor and wattage, but I'm preferring the regular volt 3.2/3.4v Joye batts vs. the Riva SE which are 3.7v with the regular joye B type attys (2.1-2.2 ohms) It seems the hotter Riva batt made the leaks worse when I was having them and also tends to burn the ejuice. Again ymmv depending on flavors....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread