Solution to tank continuously spinning on mod

an0ndr0id

Jun 3, 2023
I have the smok i-priv with the TFV12 prince tank which I overtightened on my mod and broke the 510 connection so it just kept spinning. I was actually able to save my tank and my mod by doing this.

photostudio_1685776657186.jpg

i took the tank apart all the way down to the base.( I even took the base apart but I took this photo after I already got the base unscrewed from the mod and fixed/reassembled it) then I took a razor blade and wedged it between the base and mod as hard as I could without breaking it. Then used pliers to unscrew the base and was able to free the base from the mods 510 connection. Wedging the razor secured the 510 connection well enough to be able to unscrew it.

After that I took the mod apart to discover that the negative wire is soldered on a ring that is mounted around the base of the 510 adapter that's why the vape still worked even tho the connection was spinning. So the manufacturer knew the 510 connection could break. At least that's what it seems like to me.
PXL_20230603_050420126~3.jpg

So what I did to prevent it from happening again is used flex seal paste on it.

photostudio_1685777220766.jpg

Then I reassembled it.

So far so good. It's been working just fine. I'm just careful with screwing the tank on now.

I hope this helps someone. I was told that my vape was as good as trash and I should just get a new one. I was not okay with that answer.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional, just a fellow DiYer and have a lot experience repairing electronics. However, I am not responsible for any damages that you may cause to your mod, tank, or any other vaping device by following this solution.

I just wanted to put it out there. That there is hope to save your mod and tank, just be careful with your repair.

Good luck!

Reactions: borno

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
A lot of vapers hate these kinds of 510 connectors because of this reason @an0ndr0id.

But JBweld or similar does work as a fix for a reasonable amount of time.

And also I hope you find the forums useful, as there's lots of good info including mods and atomisers and most importantly where you can source them from at more reasonable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread