Some advice from the pros, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
I am working on a mod that will do away with cart fillers - and even carts.
It is an inline reservoir that holds about 2ml of juice.

I have a mock-up that I have been testing, and so far so good.
Some minor adjustments still need to be made, but results are promising so far. No leakage, nice flavor, heavy vapor production (though a little less consistently heavy than I would like).

As I said, some minor adjustments need to be made, plus I want to test this out for a few more days before a I make a prototype. For now I am using a hollow battery skin and some spare pen parts (well, now they're spares) for my Frankenstein mock-up.

What I need to make the prototype is the skin of a black 510 auto battery (or a few in case I screw it up). I don't need the battery itself, just the casing. Problem with this is that the few places I have ordered from only have manual batteries.

I have a few questions for the experienced pros...
1.) Do you know where I can get an automatic battery or empty casing? New, used, dead - I don't care. I'll buy the whole working thing new if I have to, but I'd rather not. I'd be willing to trade a working 510 manual battery for a shelled automatic. I don't even need the battery connector, you can keep that.

2.) What, if any, other models are the exact same inner diameter and outer diameter as the 510? It can be shorter in length by about 1/2 inch or so. Or is there another source for the tubing?

3.) Also, I need something that has an outer diameter that is exactly the same as the inner diameter of the 510. Basically, I need a thin interior collar to join two 510 battery casings together snugly. If there is a model that I can take the battery shell off of, or the bit at the end of the atomizer to use for this purpose, that would be great.

If I can find these things, I can build a prototype, test it thoroughly and post pictures or a video.

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Last edited:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I am working on a mod that will do away with cart fillers - and even carts.
It is an inline reservoir that holds about 2ml of juice.

I have a mock-up that I have been testing, and so far so good.
Some minor adjustments still need to be made, but results are promising so far. No leakage, nice flavor, heavy vapor production (though a little less consistently heavy than I would like).

As I said, some minor adjustments need to be made, plus I want to test this out for a few more days before a I make a prototype. For now I am using a hollow battery skin and some spare pen parts (well, now they're spares) for my Frankenstein mock-up.

What I need to make the prototype is the skin of a black 510 auto battery (or a few in case I screw it up). I don't need the battery itself, just the casing. Problem with this is that the few places I have ordered from only have manual batteries.

I have a few questions for the experienced pros...
1.) Do you know where I can get an automatic battery or empty casing? New, used, dead - I don't care. I'll buy the whole working thing new if I have to, but I'd rather not. I'd be willing to trade a working 510 manual battery for a shelled automatic. I don't even need the battery connector, you can keep that.

2.) What, if any, other models are the exact same inner diameter and outer diameter as the 510? It can be shorter in length by about 1/2 inch or so. Or is there another source for the tubing?

3.) Also, I need something that has an outer diameter that is exactly the same as the inner diameter of the 510. Basically, I need a thin interior collar to join two 510 battery casings together snugly. If there is a model that I can take the battery shell off of, or the bit at the end of the atomizer to use for this purpose, that would be great.

If I can find these things, I can build a prototype, test it thoroughly and post pictures or a video.

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.
Most 401 have an OD of .340in a 510 ID is .340 so a 401 would be the model you are looking to join the two. I belive the manufactures(in China) work with roughly .002 tolerance. Best of luck to you.
Chad

one_raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
I made some adjustments and have been getting consistently heavy vapor, no leaks and no problems for a few hours now.

I was afraid I was going to have to use a wick, but that doesn't seems like the case.
Another week or so of using it, making more adjustments to the nozzle just to see the effect and testing it (such as keeping it in my pocket in different positions, using different juices and other variables) and I will build the prototype.

Is there a model with an identical OD and ID as the 510?
Does nobody have a dead 510 auto and/or a dead 401 battery lying around?
Does anyone know where I can buy a 510 auto?

I'm excited about something I can use all day long without filling and no cart filler to dry up, taste funny, waste juice or imbed particles in my lungs!
Thanks again.

After this, I need to try my hand at an all day battery mod and incoprorate my reservoir into it. Just one piece of hardware to carry (unless I want to bring additional reservoirs of different flavors with me).
This is going to take too much of my time that I don't have to spare, but it's worth it.

one_raven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
I used one tank today.
All day, no filling, no leaking, five batteries, about 1.5 ml of juice.
So far so good.

The only drawback I have found so far (discovered it last night) is that when the tank is almost empty, it does leak a drop or two. I have tried something to address that, and if that does not work I have two other options to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread