Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Not burn.
It's paper, fill cartomizers Green Smoke (E9 ecig.com). It is built on the heat. Paper cartomizer one, just 30 genisis Atta. I'm looking for local sources.
If necessary. suitable material.
In any case, it is better than incandesce mesh.

Just my luck....I get my order(s) of mesh today now it's paper instead of mesh. I screwed up the order so they sent me enough mesh to last 18 years. lol Oh well, it's not the 1st screw up and I'll find a use for it down the road.

Time to re-read, take notes, and start this mod. I'm so looking foward to getting this done.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
All of my new parts have arrived from madvapes (tact switch, regulator), now I just have to figure out how to put it all together. I want to add an LED to it this time if I have room, so is there something else I have to put in there using an LED? Was it TraderDan that did this switch? Going to have to scan through the thread to see what I can find.

Here's the schematics that he posted. Here's the pictures of his switch installed. Good luck w/ that, that's some tiny soldering ;)

I have his notes on the 'led' copied but didn't bookmark the thread, but 'asdaq' already chimed in.

Just my luck....I get my order(s) of mesh today now it's paper instead of mesh. I screwed up the order so they sent me enough mesh to last 18 years. lol Oh well, it's not the 1st screw up and I'll find a use for it down the road.

Time to re-read, take notes, and start this mod. I'm so looking foward to getting this done.

Hi,
paper not replaced the mesh, but only the oxidation process. The paper is not perfect, I'm looking for better insulation. More importantly, the oxidation process reduces porosity mesh.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Omron-D2F-L.jpeg

What's the third leg on our switch for, the one we cut off? The one on the far right. Could the 'led' have been attached to that? Just curious.

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
More importantly, the oxidation process reduces porosity mesh.
But does that matter? I have found the oxidized mesh to wick more than adequately. Improving it's wicking capability past that doesn't gain you anything does it? Given that, with the "sock" you are going to introduce another media for the juice to wick through. I expect you will lose more than you gain in wicking capacity.

I thought your problem was that you were having trouble achieving electrical insulation between the mesh and the coil. Now it sounds like you're trying to fix problems that aren't?

Last edited:
But does that matter? I have found the oxidized mesh to wick more than adequately. Improving it's wicking capability past that doesn't gain you anything does it? With the "sock" you are going to introduce another media for the juice to wick through. I expect you will lose more than you gain in wicking capacity

Oh yes, I too thought. But the test showed otherwise. I use a 2 mm mesh tube. The continuous oxidation process of smoking and too slow to supply liquid.
When using paper is better absorbency mesh, the paper serves as a buffer Liquid.
There is no overheating Kanthal (not red), better supplies, heat is not absorb wall Genisis, but creates more steam.
Paper I want to replace a non-flammable fabrics. Looking for the perfect source.

And still I'm waiting for someone to try it. To me the results confirm or refute this.

Last edited:

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
Just got finished assembling genisis and all I can say is wow! Had some wicking issues at first...( I know alot of u are against this) but I rolled an e2 wick inside a 25mm piece of 400 mesh yielding a 2 mm roll if mesh and wick works fantastic!! Still some tweaking needed but it works great!

On provari
a50c4e53.jpg

Since this pic I added some wraps 6 total giving me 2.5-3.0 ohms trying to figure y they fluctuate ( one of tweaks needed) and this pic dies not have the e2 wick in it
8f0e3e92.jpg

8a50a31c.jpg

P.s throat hit with zero nic!

Sent from somewhere in my daily travels....

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
Looks perfect. Welcome to the "genisis owner club". Enjoy the new taste.

A beer for the inventor, when i'm in NY next time? :laugh:

Greetings from Stuttgart/Germany
Raidy

No prob raidy I def owe you one! And of course peaceoffcake as well without him I wouldn't have it!!!!

Def not a plug n play but when it works it works GOOD!!! gonna go find some small drill bits and drill out the air hole a bit and maybe add another on the other side

Persis

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Looking for the perfect source.

michal, your theory is very interesting, and if it works, even better... but... any chance that this perfect source exists ???, I think like Jensb, I will stay away from all these cotton/fibre/rope etc. attys.

Hopefully someone can find some inert material to replace the cotton. It would be great news, but for now I prefer the oxidation instead of cotton, my particular opinion.

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
Nick, great stuff, that looks real nice on a provari too. Kinda similar to the hybrid's lines.

Lovin it.. Just trying to figure our the ohm fluctuation... Usually stays between 2.5-3 occasionally shoots to 6.5? Wiggle the coil and back to 2.5 hmmmmmmm

Lovin it.. Just trying to figure our the ohm fluctuation... Usually stays between 2.5-3 occasionally shoots to 6.5? Wiggle the coil and back to 2.5 hmmmmmm

Hmmm ... So that was my problem. Fluctuations of resistance. Inroads mesh. Kanthal is 6 ohms, 2.5 ohms is a short circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread