(Genesis style)Smoktech VIVI TANK rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
I am hoping someone here can help. I got my vivi today and as most people was not happy with it out of the box. Wicking issues. I drilled the wick holes with a 3/32 bit and built my own coil. No more wicking issues but it has just way to much airflow. Any ideas on how I can tighten the draw?

plug the original airhole up and drill a smaller one next to it?

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am hoping someone here can help. I got my vivi today and as most people was not happy with it out of the box. Wicking issues. I drilled the wick holes with a 3/32 bit and built my own coil. No more wicking issues but it has just way to much airflow. Any ideas on how I can tighten the draw?

I'm drawin' on this now thinking the same thing. I think i'm going to use some tape(either black electrical or clear scotch) and plug one of the bottom draw holes or take the wick out, wipe everything with rubbing alcohol so the tape will stick, cover the air hole and poke with a needle until the airflow is.............

Update: I cut a thin bit of black tape and put it over one of the side air holes. made sure it stuck right above the threads. Worked pretty well.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
A little tip perhaps, on the negative post I lock down the screw and spacer leaving enough room to wrap my NR silver around under the screw head as the screw wants to draw in wire when tightening, I would do the same to the positive if I had a nut to fit it, seems to make good connection on both of mine.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
1) Make a U shaped wick to fit your holes, I'm not going to detail this step, search for the video by Scubabatdan...
11aietx.jpg

Are there any particular techniques in creating the U-Shaped wick?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Cool_Breeze ,

Just make your wick using a paper clip and bend it to the "U" Shape with paper clip still inside the wick, the pull out the paper clip, the wick will return to the "U" Shape and be perfect with no kinks in it.

Edit: there is a video on Utube, but that's the just of it, very easy to do

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just got a 2nd pair of these today, after filling one and using it for a bit, I noticed one of the wires coming off the one post was glowing orange, ( obviously a QC matter ) make sure to adjust your coil/wick so this isnt happening, it greatly improved the vape. Mine is actually working quite well stock. I added one of the small Ego rings onto my threads to stiffing up the draw a bit and the wicks stay much wetter this way, if you tilt it upside down a bit and take a couple pulls it wicks the coil much better too. I may simply open up my wick holes a bit more but going to keep mine to use Silica ( have enough Genesis units ) I get the feeling the way there made they made them to have a tight draw to pull liquid to the coil too, but opening up the wick holes should help a great deal I think.

Bourbonman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Chicago burbs
1) Make a U shaped wick to fit your holes, I'm not going to detail this step, search for the video by Scubabatdan...
11aietx.jpg

Are there any particular techniques in creating the U-Shaped wick?
The #1 tip is to cut your mesh on a diagonal, this will allow it to curve without kinking. Look at the mesh sheet in the background.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Sweeet! How's it treating you?

There were a few problems getting started. I've seen it suggested that one start with low voltage with a new SS Mesh wick and I think I now understand. Low now and will up it a bit as it gets broken in. I think higher voltage will improve it. I'm also concidering how I might make the upper chamber smaller in volume. I've read that a smaller chamber will make the rig less airy. So far, so good. Thanks fro asking.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
so I ordered one of these tanks, looking forward to trying to build my own attys. I am currently torn between the genesis style, and the scuba style of wicking. And now I'm seeing cotton wicks after being boiled are great too. Is there anybody that has tried all three and would recommend one method over the others?

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
I'm actually having pretty good luck with it out of the box. I'm using vaporbomb cinnabomb at a 50%/50% mix at 3.7v and it's working pretty well. If I take more than 5 or 6 hits I get a hint of dry, but turning it upside down for a sec seems to solve it. I'm still going to mod it with kanthal wire and either cotton or ss mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread