Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Now that we have our own sub forum, I thought I'd start with some basic, often asked about information regarding the Boge Leo.

The Boge Leo is 800mAh and rechargeable via the mini USB port under the screw on cap at the bottom of the battery. The 800mAh battery lasts a nice long time. Personally, I get 12-15 hours out of mine with average use. On those heavy vaping days I can get 9-10 hours use. Recharge time is about 2.5-3 hours. Earlier batteries (non-PT) are 3.3v under load. The PT batteries are 3.5v under load.

Early versions were not pass through capable, but through popular demand Boge took the initiative to create a pass through model. It wasn't until the second run of the pass through versions that Boge began to screen print "PT" on the bottom of the battery by the USB port. The helped differentiate the PT models from the non PT ones.

The Leo atomizer is a totally proprietary threading/fitting. It is a thick walled atomizer with an extra large bridge for wicking. It is a seriously hard working atomizer and fairly easy to clean. It produces massive amounts of vapor, and yet still allows for a rich taste from your flavored juices. The taste is actually incredible when both dripping or using the Boge 302 (801) cartridge. The TH has varied, and I believe it has to do a lot with what juice you use. High nicotine level PG juices tend to give more TH, while lower nicotine and/or VG mixes tend to give a little less. Either way, the fact that the Leo atomizer allows for the full flavor of the juices to come out outweighs the occasional drop in TH. The standard resistance for the atomizer is 2.8-3.0 Ohms. Boge has created an LR version that runs from 2.4-2.6 Ohm. The LR atomizer definitely brings back the TH from lower nicotine and VG juices you may desire. Currently, Boge offers the atomizer in both gold color and a black chrome color.

Again from popular demand Boge began working on the Leo cartomizer. The cartomizer is to hold 4ml of juice and be the largest currently on the market. Boge released the cartomizer for the Leo in mid January of 2011, and should be appearing at your Boge dealer's websites.

In December of 2010, Boge released a 2 battery Leo set, and also changed up some of the crystal end cap options. The Sport Leo is a 2 battery set that has a lanyard on the atomizer cover, and a compass on the bottom of the battery. Great for those sport enthusiasts who back pack, camping, fishing, boating, and so on. There is also the Royal Leo set, another 2 battery set without crystals on the ends, but rather plain. Many folks not liking the 'bling' of the crystals.

Boge is constantly working on improving the Leo and adding new features.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Nice detail! I just got mine this morn, Still trying to break it in...the a drag is so hard to pull!

Tighten it down, then back it off just a hair. Not so it's loose though.

I've gotten mine broke in. Tossed the carts. They couldn't keep up with me. 5 or 6 drops and it's good to go for quite a haul, and I can even drip in low light because there is no way to miss that opening! :laugh:

I thought I was forever committed to 5v, but I go back and forth between the two while I'm at the computer. It is pretty nice. Been using it daily since it came in the mail.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Nice detail! I just got mine this morn, Still trying to break it in...the a drag is so hard to pull!

I've noticed on the soft tip Boge 302 cartridges the pull is harder. I ordered hard tips and it's much easier.

Another thing to note is these atomizers are primed with PG before they leave the factory. It is possible yours is clogged.

Follow my cleaning method in the Leo Maintenance thread and it should be good to go.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I'm not sure if the website owners/vendors are buying the plain caps to be sold separately. That would depend on the individual vendors.

However, the crystals on the Leo can pop off fairly easy. They are held in by a small amount of glue (something I mentioned to Boge to fix). Once you pop the crystal out, your end cap will be plain but recessed. Some Leo owners have instead glued solid disks or other stone/mineral round cabs in their place. I think a black onyx would look awesome! Though I have a nice cut topaz that would look great in my cigar wrapper colored Leo PT. I'm debating on gluing it in there.

Krispers

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Honestly looking, I think a MoonStone disc would look great gots a lil bit of bling with the sparkles in the stone yet be functional. Its possible its clogged I'll surely look at your instructions, though I can say I cannot wait for 510 adapters hehe

Edited: I ment Goldstone, you can get in red green orange blue
I'm not sure if the website owners/vendors are buying the plain caps to be sold separately. That would depend on the individual vendors.

However, the crystals on the Leo can pop off fairly easy. They are held in by a small amount of glue (something I mentioned to Boge to fix). Once you pop the crystal out, your end cap will be plain but recessed. Some Leo owners have instead glued solid disks or other stone/mineral round cabs in their place. I think a black onyx would look awesome! Though I have a nice cut topaz that would look great in my cigar wrapper colored Leo PT. I'm debating on gluing it in there.

Last edited:

Mobius_13

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Hanover, PA

However, the crystals on the Leo can pop off fairly easy. They are held in by a small amount of glue (something I mentioned to Boge to fix).

They must have used JB weld on mine. I tried prying it out, but won't budge. I'm thinking about drilling a hole and put a screw in for leverage.

Well I finally got it off by the method mentioned above. It seems the gold color finish is just a thin leaf or foil. The glue tore it off. Looks a little rough but I'll find something to fill it in.

Last edited:

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
They must have used JB weld on mine. I tried prying it out, but won't budge. I'm thinking about drilling a hole and put a screw in for leverage.

Well I finally got it off by the method mentioned above. It seems the gold color finish is just a thin leaf or foil. The glue tore it off. Looks a little rough but I'll find something to fill it in.

Mine's also stuck on pretty good. Guess I'll have to pull out the drilling machine! LOL Looking forward to trying the 4ml cartos. Any idea on pricing for those? 3 weeks down the road and I'm still happy with the performance - although I do rotate it with my Xpower.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
4ml Leo cartomizers: First look.

LEOXXLCartomizer.jpg

No I don't have any yet. I'm told I'll be sent some in February.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Both of my LEO's have a gold band around them and my first atty, just croaked on me after three months of heavy duty vaping. I did clean it but it is as of now, is not working.
I haven't played with it yet to see if it can be brought back to life.
So where are these two battery versions available?
For the record I bought mine in November from COV and those were pass thru's.
I did just order a couple more atty's from Litecig.com
I hope I can make these work or I'll be so upset! I do know that "Zen" is looking to have all non-working Leo atty's sent to him and there is a thread in the classifieds I believe asking for them.
These Leo's are the bomb for dripping! I have never used the cartos that came with the set because I was a menthol smoker and I simply detest a plain tobacco taste, so if anyone lives in MA. and wants to have them you're welcome to come and get them!:laugh:
C.B.
:evil:

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
i haven't even used the cartridges, not really interested in them. as soon as i got it i dripped a couple drops in and just put the original mouthpiece back on. i just wanted to try it out. man, did i love it!! the flavor and richness of the juice was amazing! i've been dripping the leo ever since. i also alternate, i really like my bottom-feeder. dripping seems a little impractical, but it tastes good!

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
Early versions were not pass through capable, but through popular demand Boge took the initiative to create a pass through model. It wasn't until the second run of the pass through versions that Boge began to screen print "PT" on the bottom of the battery by the USB port. The helped differentiate the PT models from the non PT ones.

is there a clear way to check if my leo is a PT model, i have a seald bat but i dont have the screen print PT on the bottom of the bat. thanks in advance for any info!-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread