Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
@Webbcm127, I would think if you have the sealed battery it's a PT version. I am awaiting to see if Boge is even making the non-PT versions anymore.

@cigarbabe, I have a dead atomizer program, where those with dead ones who's vendors won't replace them, can send them to me for replacement. I'll collect up dead atties and batteries, send them back to Boge for replacements, and then forward them to those who sent them to me. Check the Leo sub forum for the appropriate thread.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
is there a clear way to check if my leo is a PT model, i have a seald bat but i dont have the screen print PT on the bottom of the bat. thanks in advance for any info!-)

Webbcm127, I was told by Boge that your battery is PT. For whatever reason the screen printing of the words "Leo PT" by the USB port must have rubbed off. Sealed batteries are PT version. However, the new inscribed gold bands on the batteries just came out in January of 2011. I have a couple of the inscribed band batteries and they look awesome!

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
Webbcm127, I was told by Boge that your battery is PT. For whatever reason the screen printing of the words "Leo PT" by the USB port must have rubbed off. Sealed batteries are PT version. However, the new inscribed gold bands on the batteries just came out in January of 2011. I have a couple of the inscribed band batteries and they look awesome!

awsome thanks much, good to know!-)

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Early models of the Leo that were non-PT versions, were unmarked. However, when plugged in via USB cable they make give a couple of puffs worth of vaping. This was originally misconceived as being PT capable. Use of the non-PT versions as a pass through may damage the battery, or cause injury.

From what I understand is the PT versions are marked with "Leo PT" just above the mini USB connection on the battery end. Sealed batteries should also be marked, though there may have been a batch that went through and missed the marking process for whatever reason. My latest one is both sealed battery and marked. Another possibility is that the marking "Leo PT" is only screen printed on, and use of the Leo without the end cap may cause the screen printing to rub off the end.

Edited for my horrid grammar.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR
Early models of the Leo that were non-PT versions, were unmarked. However, when plugged in via USB cable they make give a couple of puffs worth of vaping. This was originally misconceived as being PT capable. Use of the non-PT versions as a pass through may damage the battery, or cause injury.

From what I understand is the PT versions are marked with "Leo PT" just above the mini USB connection on the battery end. Sealed batteries should also be marked, though there may have been a batch that went through and missed the marking process for whatever reason. My latest one is both sealed battery and marked. Another possibility is that the marking "Leo PT" is only screen printed on, and use of the Leo without the end cap may cause the screen printing to rub off the end.

Edited for my horrid grammar.

All I can tell you is that my Leo is not marked as PT in any way, but I can chain vape it while it's charging with no problems what so ever. However, does have a sealed battery. So, if a batch got through, it looks like mine was one of them.

Orion Marra

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Florida
hey all, Leo user user also and loving it. It is my go to when I am not using my bottom feeder. I do have one of the batteries that has the engraving on it and one that doesn't. The one with the engraving has to be loose a bit for it to work. When I tighten it down I get nothing. I am waiting right now since my atty died 3 weeks into it, so the place I bought it at is waiting on their supply to replace mine. I am patiently waiting on the XXL Cartos. That would be the end all answer for all day vaping for me :) Can't wait!

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
  • Tidbits on Leo Suppliers:

Vapor Junction currently has the lowest price in the U.S. on a PT battery Leo kit: $45. It also has one of the lowest prices on gold atomizers ($10). [LiteCigUSA's (black chrome) atty also is $10 and shipping costs are less.] What's really special about Vapor Junction is their 3 month guarantee on those attys. I've never heard of such a thing on atomizers. [No mention, one way or the other, is made of this guarantee in their kit descriptions.]

Vapin' in the Cape's PT battery Leo kit is the standard $50. However, it includes the hardshell carrying case sold separately elsewhere for $13. So: best bang for the buck (if you want that case). [Based on the photo on their website, it appears that the gold band on the batts has that interesting inscription.]
  • A Leo Adapter:

What can we do to get an adapter developed for the Leo atomizer? [In my case, I want a 901 batt-to-Leo atty adapter.] I don't expect Boge to do it; I'm sure that they want their atomizers used on their batteries. Hoog at MadVapes said he would look into it, but hasn't come up with anything yet.
I am one of the fortunate ones with my Leo battery: still going strong after two plus months. But it is the Leo atomizer that I'm in love with. I'd like to be able to use it, at least sometimes, on a VV mod. [My Infinity is due to arrive any day now.]​
  • Atomizer Resistance:
...The standard resistance for the atomizer is 2.8-3.0 Ohms. Boge has created an LR version that runs from 2.4-2.6 Ohm...
Other than using a multimeter (which I don't have), how do we know which resistance atty we have? It had been my understanding that the first set of attys was 2.8-3.0 ohms, but that all newer attys are 2.4-2.6 ohms. Is that understanding incorrect?​

And thank you so much, Jackal, for creating this subforum and for your wonderful leadership of the Leo user community (including your role as liaison with Boge)!

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
I am new to the ECF, so it took me a while but I can finally ask this question in here. How long are the Leo Atty's lasting before actually burning out? I have purchased mine and it arrived at home but it will be 2 weeks before I can use it. I am currenlty out of the coutry and cannot wait to try it out myself. i am hoping that all the praise is worth the wait...I have been using the DSE901 for 5 months and personally like it but cannot really find that flavor i like to vape in it. hopefully the Leo will give more flavor and then i can determine which. I also have a M401 as a back up to my 901, as this one gives good flavor but not much of a TH at the same MG as the 901. So that leads me to another ? has anyone used the M401 model and how does the LEO compare on the taste to the 401, and how does the Leo compare to the 901 with LR atty at say 18mg EJ? I know this is a lot but I am anxious to get mine in hand and vape away. Just want to know if the wait was worth it or not.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
TonsOVapor, I see you have a lot of questions. For starters I should say you shouldn't post phone numbers or emails in threads. I'd also wonder about posting direct messages without all message parties' consent. You may want to delete that thread post above me.

Other than that, as for your questions;
The Leo atomizer will last a long time, providing you are aware of the heat you are creating with it, just like any OTHER atomizer on the market. Too often, folks are using high VG content juices in their Leo, which may clog up the air vents in the atomizer. This creates a harder pull (harder to suck air) while using it, which in turn heats up the atomizer quicker and much hotter when used rapidly without rest. So, someone huffing on thicker, VG juices may find their atomizer heating up very hot and thus having a higher chance of failure. On the other side of that, I've got my original two atomizers from last October still working (batteries as well). But I use as much as 20% VG, allowing my atomizer to rest after 10 or so pulls/draws. Keeping this in mind by checking the temp on the atomizer (if it's really hot to the touch, let it rest and cool down before pulling on it again) will ensure your atomizer to last a long time. Regular cleaning of it when you notice the draw getting very hard will also help.

Comparing your Leo to the M401 with specific juice I can't help you with, although I think you'll find the Leo superior in flavor and vapor. I compare mine to almost as much vapor as using an HV901 atty on my 6v Omega, and the Leo has a far superior flavor with most juices.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
Yes I did have a lot of questions, and you just answered most of em. I am very anxious to get home and try out my Leo. But unfortunatly it'll be a couple of weeks b4 i can try it as I am out of country at the moment. I have been using the DSE901 Since about August 2010. This has helped me stop the analog habit. I have not however found that one perfect juice that I have really wanted to stick with. I have been reading on reveiws about the honey flue cured tabacco from one place and the written reveiws are outstanding. 48 people can't be wrong. I have however found out taste is subjective. What I like my wife doesn't and Vise Versa. I was at one point getting frustrated with the ecig because the first one I had was the Lecig. An it tasted like i was smoking cardboard. Then I ordered some flavored tabacco, And this put the whole !@#k this ecig to rest. But I am still waiting to get that HOLY CRAP THIS IS GOOD flavor. hhopefully the reviews on the HFCT will not be wrong...

And again thanks Jackal3 for your help!! as well as all who have posted their Pros/Cons. I find them very helpful.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Not a problem, TonsO>apor. Keep a watchful eye toward the end of February when Boge releases some great new stuff for the Leo. Cartomizers are being released already, holding 4ml each. They supposedly hit great, vapor great and last a long time between refills.

Yesterday in the mail I received the first "Pine" colored Leo as well as their "Distorted Pattern" (camouflage). I recommended these to Boge. I'll take some pics and post in a new thread.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
BTW: DondaboomVape asked about atomizer Ohms.

The original atomizers for the Leo, and the standard sold with the sets is approximately 3.0 Ohm (+/-).
Sold separately (but not stocked at a lot of vendors) are the LR Leo atomizers with 2.5 Ohm (+/-).

I'm not sure which vendors carry the LR Leo atomizer at this time. I tried one and I'm rather fond of the 3.0 Ohm TH. The LR was a bit hot for me.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
BTW: DondaboomVape asked about atomizer Ohms.

The original atomizers for the Leo, and the standard sold with the sets is approximately 3.0 Ohm (+/-).
Sold separately (but not stocked at a lot of vendors) are the LR Leo atomizers with 2.5 Ohm (+/-).

I'm not sure which vendors carry the LR Leo atomizer at this time. I tried one and I'm rather fond of the 3.0 Ohm TH. The LR was a bit hot for me.
Thanks, Jackal! Do we have any reason to think that any U.S. suppliers carry the 2.5 ohm attys. I've used Leo attys from three different suppliers so far and they all vape pretty much the same (i.e., pretty darn good). But there are time when I'd like a more intense hit. I assume that the lower resistance atty would give me that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread