The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

somedays rebuildables literally ruin my day. beyond annoyed...

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Kevin King, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hippieben

hippieben Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    It may help. I do find that new wick / coil has a bit of an off taste (notice it much more with silica though). The main thing that running a lighter over your wire before wrapping does is to take some of the spring out of it; get it red hot, then run it between your fingers to get it straight again. What may be happening is that your kanthal could be changing shape when you fire your coil.

2. budynbuick

budynbuick Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2012
    michigan

Yep. Just had to deal with one. I hit the wick with the top cap arrrgggg! I use a short SS wick so its easy dealing with this problem cause I don't have to empty AGA-T tank. Plus,since I vape horizontal, the short wick works great. It doesn't stay covered in juice so it helps prevent 'back wicking' into the juice. Real easy for maintaining as well. If the wick is not completely dry,it can be difficult pin pointing a 'hotspot'. Good luck!

3. budynbuick

budynbuick Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 18, 2012
    michigan
    Kindly disagree about the drill bit being a trick for when you can't get it right. It not only produces the perfect coil, but allows one to easily remove wick for cleaning/replacing without replacing a perfectly great coil.

4. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    i am still looking for the end all, it seems like nothing is just right yet, maybe in time. but the ceramic is a must try if you can get hold of some. i suppose in the months to come everyone will stock them, but for now they are elusive. i have been vaping them for about a month and am just blown away with the flavor. i had heard things about them clogging up, but the fc-2000 ones havent yet after almost a month. maybe the fish ones do, i dont know. anyways well talk to you later.

5. jhiga

jhiga Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Honolulu
    I agree. I'm back to my carto/tank setup for a little bit while I wait for more SS mesh to come in, after I wasted a bunch of it in pure frustration :D

I'm not mad, though. It just taught me a good lesson. I'm buying a new screwdriver for myself in the morning, I left my old magic screwdriver at my buddy's house so he could use it for his RBA. Which is fine, I like helping a fellow vaper out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.