Someone wanna breakdown how exactly a chuck works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwolfrob

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Spokane,Wa
I have been contemplating on getting a chuck for some time now. I just cant seem to figure it out though. All I hear about is how great it is and thats it.

How much power does it put out?

What is it compatible with?

What is the price?

How does it affect the atty you use?

TIA. Just trying to understand the product before I decide on it.

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
I have been contemplating on getting a chuck for some time now. I just cant seem to figure it out though. All I hear about is how great it is and thats it.

How much power does it put out? 3.7 for Little chuck, 3.7 and 6 for regular chuck

What is it compatible with? with adapters, all the most common attie's and carto's

What is the price? I think it is still $80 to you're door

How does it affect the atty you use? makes it better, unless you run them dry at 6v, then they'll pop real fast. You'll get more consistent flavor, throat hit, and vapor for much longer periods of time with any big battery mod.

TIA. Just trying to understand the product before I decide on it.

Answers in red. The chuck is a rock solid device that simply works every time you push the button. Add you're own design to it, and the powder coat finish and you'll have a one of a kind pv that will last a long time. Jeff doesn't make any two alike.

I have had mine for over two months now, and it has never misfired. I have two others that are half that old, and can't say that about.

cyberwolfrob

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Spokane,Wa
Answers in red. The chuck is a rock solid device that simply works every time you push the button. Add you're own design to it, and the powder coat finish and you'll have a one of a kind pv that will last a long time. Jeff doesn't make any two alike.

I have had mine for over two months now, and it has never misfired. I have two others that are half that old, and can't say that about.

Ok thanks. But how does a 901 atty attach to the battery? and where can you get more batteries? Does it come with the charger and another set of batteries?

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida
Ok thanks. But how does a 901 atty attach to the battery? and where can you get more batteries? Does it come with the charger and another set of batteries?

You order the connector of choice, which is preinstalled on the end cap.

You have to order batteries and charger from your supplier of choice. It requires (big Chuck):

1-18650 for 3.7v
2- rcr123 3.0v for 6v

cyberwolfrob

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Spokane,Wa
You order the connector of choice, which is preinstalled on the end cap.

You have to order batteries and charger from your supplier of choice. It requires (big Chuck):

1-18650 for 3.7v
2- rcr123 3.0v for 6v

How about a rough estimate for the cost of batteries and charger?

Where do you get yours if you have one?

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
There are a lot of places to get batteries listed in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/thag-built-chuck/58039-battery-info-chuck.html

I got mine from battery junction at first just so I knew I would have them on time, then I ordered backups from deal extreme, which is 1-2 weeks to get them, sometimes more.

I would recommend a 510 connector on you're chuck, then order all the adapters to go with it. That way you have all you're bases covered for trying different things to find you're perfect vape. Jeff sells the adapters too.

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida
How about a rough estimate for the cost of batteries and charger?

Where do you get yours if you have one?

Figure about $25 per bat/charger setup. Madvapes carries some of them. Amazon deals can be had also.

I got mine from All-batteries .com and Battery Junction .com

Skrymr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2009
IS all the money that ppl pour into these things really worth it? Especially just to try. One of each adapter? and what do I do with the ones I dont use?

In a word yes. I drip in a 510 mostly. But when I'm driving or dripping is inconvenient, I use a cartomizer. yrmv

Also, the mod itself to me is worth it because other than the occasional battery purchase, which is considerably less than e-cig batteries, I'm not constantly worried about the battery dying every hour or so. A regular chuck with a 18650 battery can go 2-3 days before recharging. In my little chuck, I change batteries twice a day.

And if all of that isn't enough, think of the reliabilty factor. I will never have to worry about a finicky e-cig battery. I know that every time I push the button on my little chuck it will work.

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In a word yes. I drip in a 510 mostly. But when I'm driving or dripping is inconvenient, I use a cartomizer. yrmv

Also, the mod itself to me is worth it because other than the occasional battery purchase, which is considerably less than e-cig batteries, I'm not constantly worried about the battery dying every hour or so. A regular chuck with a 18650 battery can go 2-3 days before recharging. In my little chuck, I change batteries twice a day.

And if all of that isn't enough, think of the reliabilty factor. I will never have to worry about a finicky e-cig battery. I know that every time I push the button on my little chuck it will work.

Are you using the 16340's or the 18350's? :confused: I use the latter and get a whole day out of them:)
RIMP:evil:

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
I'd recommend ordering the Chuck (or Little Chuck) with the 510 battery 'tip', and order the 'set' of adapters from Jeff for $5 when you order your Chuck/Little Chuck.

The two adapters are 510 - 901/KR808D1, and 510-801.

My first two Chucks were 901's so I had to get 'adapters' to use them with cartomizers ($6 each from Vapor Country). So I ordered my third Chuck wirh the 510 plus the adapters. I'm puffing on my beautiful aquamarine-with-silver-filligree Chuck with a green 801 atomizer, LiquidXpress Spiced Cranberry juice right now - I plan to switch to RY4 later.

Oh - after you place your order (and pay and send an email detailing what you want on your Chuck) - expect it to take about two weeks for him to finish it (he'll post a picture on the 'newborn' sticky thread in this forum), and he mails them USPS Priority mail. That's fairly quick for a 'mod' - most other 'mod' suppliers ask you to order and pay for the mod, and they'll have them 'made' at some future date - not always even an announced future date.

You'll be glad you got a Chuck or Little Chuck just from the standpoint of being able to vape at least half a day at 3.7 volts (maybe a little less with 6v) without changing batteries! AND the fact that it is customized for you makes it even more 'special'. I know that I'll order another one - Boston Red Sox - before the baseball season starts in April.

im not a heavy vaper and 1 battery lasts me from 2 to 3 days until i have to recharge it, and it recharges REALLY fast... im glad The Chuck is my first e cig/PV ever i dont feel the need to buy another model at all, if i do its perhaps the Little Chuck since i vape 3.7v and im really good here, so it would be nice to have the Little Chuck so its more easy to carry around when going out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread