Something New Is Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
OMG... I'm SO sorry... I feel like it's my fault that this argument was started as I mentioned the other code.

I didn't realise that the codes used in the "coupon thread" were personal ones... The only ones I thought were personal ones were Leaford's as they look so different to the others. For some reason I thought your code was simply a newer updated version of the one in the coupon thread, just because it had a "UK" in front of it.

My apologies to igetcha as I'd have used your code if I'd have realised there was a difference... and more apologies to you if it was my fault that you got stick again for posting.

Honestly, I really don't know why people keep having at a go at you. Like many others here, I favour your vids (and Terraphon's ;-)) out of them all, and got my 1st working e-cig, the EVO, as a result of it, which got me hooked on e-cigs big time :D, and for that I thank you.

PS - I don't expect a reply, particularly as you said you've posted your last post in this topic.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
igetcha still works for intellicig right? and i think he's moonlighting for the US FDA. he's faking his accent!

;)

i kid.

i see it was finally mentioned at the end about "biased" opinions and the Ginseng one, i caught that one and cracked up. "this is bloody awful."

as for the Pilot...just get one already!

also assuming there's no "real" difference in the UK version you guys got than the US one...my EVO parts are all interchangeable with the Pilot as well. so especially those of you with an EVO...it just makes sense! :)

i've also found my Pilot to be slightly LESS sensitive than the EVO.

only slightly.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Have you ever tried herding cats Smokester? ;)

128721396383917188.jpg

Mwah xxx

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
My PiLOT's working great. I love the long cutoff. I can take a really long draw on it with no problems. The cartridges are good too. They're the bigger PiLOT carts, not the small ones.

The fact that the parts are interchangeable with the EVO too is great. Very handy.

is it a evo copy or the other way around?

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Neither. Both the evo and the pilot are modified M401s.
Apart from the difference in the cartridge, how do the modifications make one atomiser or battery different from the other, and how do each affect the vaping experience?

Also, what is the difference between the "Pilot" and the "Pilot Hybrid"?

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
starlight -

here's my quick thoughts on both.

i don't "feel" much difference in the EVO and Pilot atomizers. the batteries though, i do. the EVO is more sensitive, and does seem to activate/draw easier when you puff, very much like a real cig. the pilot is very close though, and i only notice because i alternate between the two as i vape. i get about the same life from the batteries too.

now when i say there's a slight difference, i do mean slight. as in like, 2% if i had to give a number. the "hybrid" is the same product, just with a 401 (longer) and 402 (shorter) battery, if i'm not mistaken, but someone please correct me if there's a technical detail i'm missing :)

well, the other thing is the cutoff on the two, the Pilot has a different cutoff time than EVO i believe too, but i don't remember off hand how many seconds it is. maybe like 5 for EVO and 7 for Pilot i think?

hope that helps some.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Thanks Flitzanu :)

Sounds like the hybrid is maybe like the EVO with the Might Atom battery which is shorter than the Genie battery?

Like you, I alternated puffs (of the same liquid) in both to try see the difference. But, oddly perhaps or maybe it's just me, I find the Pilot easier to draw on (more sensitive) than the EVO. With the EVO, I find I have to draw really quite hard on it, and it's harsher and gives more throat hit than any of my other brands. Whereas I like the EVO, I do find it erratic at times and that's with several batteries and atomisers, nothing to do with the cut-off either. Sometimes, I can draw on it OK, and at other times it's really much harder. So I tend to use my EVO for when I want a harsher "hit".

Yes, I believe you're right about the 5 and 7 second cut-off, as the e-cigs.co.uk site says something about the Pilot having a 7 second cut-off.

Intellicig make 5 claims about their atomisers and batteries being unique to the EVO. Do these also now apply to the Pilot since they seem so similar (apart from the draw and, to me, throat hit and harshness)?

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
oh silly me, i didn't realize the UK site was sellng the Pilot, not the Hybrid! yes, the Hybrid comes with one short and one long battery, yes, similar to the shorter Mighty Atom battery. i'm not a fan of my shorter Hybrid battery though, personally it's a little different draw than my longer one. however, a close friend loves her shorter one better than the longer on the Hybrid, i told her i'll have to trade her :)

i think EVO does have specially produced batteries, at least according to the site, so i can't really question that. if you check out some of the posts in the Puresmoker section, there is some discussion about the batteries. again, this is taking as an assumption that the puresmoker parts and the UK "sister site" is selling the same "Pilot" product, so again someone chime in if that's incorrect :)

some of the prelim design was discussed, and Steve from PS was working on having a shorter cutout time on the battery, as in, you hit the 7 seconds and the battery shuts off for 2 minutes? i think he was trying to lower that 2 minute time, but seems there was a production issue and it was out of his hands and didn't happen. maybe in the future though :)

not sure on the specs of the atomizers, but my EVO atomizer seems to run a little cooler, which is again, assumedly why people are having good luck with them lasting longer than other similar products.

as far as use though, both atomz from the pilot and evo seem produce the same flavors and amount of vapor, with both batteries -- as in EVO atomz/evo batt, evo atomz/pilot batt, pilot atomz/evo batt, pilot/pilot.

if you cant tell, i'm pretty torn in finding much of a difference :) i got my Pilot on a thursday, my evo on that following monday. i haven't went back to analogs since, and i've used both of them equally.

one selling point though...the evo does have the bigger inner cart size :)

and slightly unrelated...i've recently changed to "mouth inhale" puffing, and the taste seems much better and thicker. as a smoker i'd "lung inhale" and carried that to the 401, and was getting a bit of a burnt taste with that. not sure how you inhale, but might try changing it up a bit and see if one or the other helps with "ease of draw" on them :)

i feel like i rambled.

e-cigs uk, i must say, that's a pretty sweet little Pilot case you have there ;) sorry for hijacking your thread!

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
I'm definitely preferring the longer cutoff time on the pilot. I always seem to manage to trigger the cutoff on the EVO which is a pain, but I haven't hit it on the pilot. A 7 second drag is not something I'd normally take.

Anyhow it seems the performance otherwise is great too. My atomiser has broken in good and proper now and I'm getting great vapour from it. The draw is definitely easier on the pilot than with the two hole evo atomisers.

...and I love the colour. :)

V-Power

Mar 10, 2009
Suffolk, UK
I'm loving my new Pilot too, and getting good vapour so long as I keep the carts topped up, but I have a couple of questions about batteries please which those of you with more experience may be able to help me with...

The instructions say to charge the batteries for 8 hours the first time, which I did. But what then?

Should I wait for a battery to completely expire before recharging, or is it ok to top-up charge? I know some batteries prefer to be completely used up before recharging, but I don't know about these.

Also, the charger lights alternate between red and green after a while. I'm assuming this is a trickle charge after the main charge. Is this right?

So far, I haven't charged one for long enough for the charge light to turn completely solid green. Does it ever do this, or just continue to trickle charge?

And lastly, in light of all of the above - how do I know when the battery's fully charged? How long should I leave the trickle before unplugging, or doesn't it matter?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread