Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have heard other rumors of production starting again on VTC5's but also the warning that the supply won't trickle down to us until March? it was somewhere else on here that mentioned it. Someone who usually posts good info or I would have just ignored it.
And them being back is really only a big deal if you are low sub ohming. There are plenty of safe reliable batteries on the market for regulated devices and subohm higher than say .3

Mikenekro

Dec 19, 2014
Kenosha, WI, USA
I have heard other rumors of production starting again on VTC5's but also the warning that the supply won't trickle down to us until March? it was somewhere else on here that mentioned it. Someone who usually posts good info or I would have just ignored it.
And them being back is really only a big deal if you are low sub ohming. There are plenty of safe reliable batteries on the market for regulated devices and subohm higher than say .3

I'm with you on knowing the reliability of the source for information. RTD said they are slowly building up stock of them so a timeframe is hard to tell. I wouldn't think they would be out tomorrow but it's definitely great for low sub ohm vapers. Especially when you have batteries which claim to be 30A and above and can't verify what they actually are.

I was wondering what happened to Sony VTC's. A lot of shops in Florida (well, a lot of shops around where I live that actually sold verifiably authentic ones, anyways) have stopped carrying them. I was told that Sony stopped shipping them out because they didn't like what the batteries were being used for. But I guess that was wrong?

Good to read they may be coming back, though.

Mikenekro

Dec 19, 2014
Kenosha, WI, USA
I think Sony just didn't like them being used as single cells when they were meant to be used in battery packs and never seen by the consumer. I doubt they would stop production just because of that. There is a video out there where a Sony representative or someone from Sony said they actually wanted to expand into the vaping business. That would be awesome if they started making batteries specifically designed for this. We have to wait and see though.

I think Sony just didn't like them being used as single cells when they were meant to be used in battery packs and never seen by the consumer. I doubt they would stop production just because of that. There is a video out there where a Sony representative or someone from Sony said they actually wanted to expand into the vaping business. That would be awesome if they started making batteries specifically designed for this. We have to wait and see though.

I found a reddit post with a link to a video where someone talked about meeting a manager of international sales or something like that for Sony in the vape lounge he works at. The guy said that Sony may be looking in to vaping because they're already talking with Tesla motors about manufacturing the VTC and other batteries directly in the US for use in Tesla cars, and Sony is looking for other markets to justify the cost of setting up shop in the States for making the batteries.

So who knows... we may be looking at a very near future with Sony VTC batteries specifically for vaping both regulated and unregulated. I wonder what would happen if Sony got in to making boxes and mods. Now that would be fascinating...

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Good day everyone!

I'm thinking if I should just settle on an Efest Purple 18650 35A, since I dont wanna gamble on VTC5, as far as I'm researching there are too many VTC5s Counterfeit on the market..

Well, unless you want to wait for Sony to set up their production line and start shipping...someone mentioned March? I'd recommend getting something to vape on in the meanwhile =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread